Notices
C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Ford GT vs ZR1 1/2 Mile

Old 03-10-2019, 10:55 AM
ROBWILKER
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1 View Post

OT---Just looking at that BLUE of yours
Love my "blues" Deb.
The Following User Says Thank You to ROBWILKER For This Useful Post:
NW-99SS (03-11-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 11:02 AM
ROBWILKER
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by cvp33 View Post
1) If you bought a ZR one to be the fastest in a straight line, I feel sorry for you.
2) If you paid over $300,000 for a Ford GT to be the fastest car. I feel sorry for you.
3) If you never experience what a properly prepared car can do on a road course I feel sorry for you.

I was a quarter-mile junkie for 20 years before I discovered road racing. I wasted a lot of time sitting at the track waiting for ďmy turnĒ to go ďdriveĒ for 10 seconds. I intentionally use quotes around Drive as Iím sure everyone would agree mashing the gas is really not driving. There is absolutely nothing more satisfying than a 30 minute session on a road course driving the car at 9/10ths, especially VIRís 17 turns and 3.3miles. Iím continually humbled by better drivers. Love watching cars and or drivers that punch way above their weight.

I find that most of these keyboard jockeys at a road racing event are much more humble and honest about their skills. Anyone can mash the gas, but making a car dance around a corner at the limit at over 100 miles an hourÖ Is pure joy! The camaraderie that I experience at track events goes across all makes all models and all skill levels. I find the Internet a terrible way define the same experience.
Kudos to you. Spot on.
The Following User Says Thank You to ROBWILKER For This Useful Post:
cvp33 (03-10-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 05:48 PM
Questar
CF Senior Member

Itís kind of hilarious reading the different comments in this thread. So many people who apparently feel threatened (and butt hurt) because a ZR1 lost a ďraceĒ. Grow up people. Excuses are for losers... regardless the reason the ZR1 crossed the finish line 2nd. Get over it.

Ford GT is a gorgeous car. Iíve never driven one... though Iíd love the opportunity to do so. Without driving it I canít honestly say if Iíd like it, but Iíve never been a ďFordĒ guy so not sure Iíd choose the FGT instead of my ZR1. From a cost / performance standpoint the ZR1 is hard to beat. I donít expect to win every race... or be the fastest on track... reality is thereís always someone out there with more money, more horsepower, faster cars, more skills, etc..

I for one thank the guy for posting the video... it was fun to watch. Reading the sour grapes reactions... that was just laughable.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: