C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Thinking of swapping out the Cup 2's

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 12:12 PM
Runnn
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Rinaldo Catria
that’s the best scenario to have a cop car that close to your ZR1..
As a Police Officer, having one of us next to you is always the best scenario...
Old 03-16-2019, 12:31 PM
c5c6c7
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Runnn
As a Police Officer, having one of us next to you is always the best scenario...
I agree...
The following users liked this post:
Runnn (03-20-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 04:16 PM
Hib Halverson
Pro Mechanic
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,136 Likes on 593 Posts

Originally Posted by Rinaldo Catria
I do think you are smart to have the dealer do the swap regardless. These wide run flats are a real b*tch to mount without scuffing the rim. Make certain you emphasize to them you expect the job will be done with NO MARKS on you wheels. If something goes wrong, they can buy you a new wheel.
All those wide runflats are tough to mount but the Cup tires are the worst of the bunch. Unless you know the dealer has the equipment and the experience with Cup tires, I'd go looking for a dedicated Michelin tire dealer such as America's Tire. That's where I have been doing when I need tire work on Michelin Cup runflats. I've been going to them with my '12 ZO6/ZO7 and I'll be going to them with my ZR-1.

Last edited by Hib Halverson; 03-16-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:28 AM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,210 Posts

Originally Posted by Hib Halverson
All those wide runflats are tough to mount but the Cup tires are the worst of the bunch. Unless you know the dealer has the equipment and the experience with Cup tires, I'd go looking for a dedicated Michelin tire dealer such as America's Tire. That's where I have been doing when I need tire work on Michelin Cup runflats. I've been going to them with my '12 ZO6/ZO7 and I'll be going to them with my ZR-1.
It's great unless you live in Pennsylvania where they don't have a facility. Any other good place to use?

Quick Reply: Thinking of swapping out the Cup 2's