C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

That $2,000 price increase

Old 03-12-2019, 10:52 AM
c5c6c7
CF Senior Member

Default That $2,000 price increase

So when we placed our early orders on our ZR1's the base cost was $2000 less than it was several months later.
How was that handled by the dealer if you had an order in but not yet picked up by GM and then the car was produced after the price increase.
My dealer may be trying to get me for the price increase since the new higher price is on the window sticker even though I have a buying contract dated well before the increase.
I guess I'm asking if I'm on the hook for the increase even though I had ordered the car prior?
Old 03-12-2019, 11:29 AM
ROBWILKER
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

If the order was accepted (Event Code 2000) I believe the order should be "price protected." If the order was just sitting in the dealer's order bank (Event Code 1100) I believe the orders are not price protected according to previous practice. This happened to me on my Z06. My order was accepted by GM and there was a price increase before actual production. The increase showed on the window sticker but the pre-increase price was honored. Other forum members may have more accurate input about whether the dealer is bound by these terms or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to ROBWILKER For This Useful Post:
c5c6c7 (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 02:53 PM
Thomasmoto
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Z06

Originally Posted by ROBWILKER View Post
If the order was accepted (Event Code 2000) I believe the order should be "price protected." If the order was just sitting in the dealer's order bank (Event Code 1100) I believe the orders are not price protected according to previous practice. This happened to me on my Z06. My order was accepted by GM and there was a price increase before actual production. The increase showed on the window sticker but the pre-increase price was honored. Other forum members may have more accurate input about whether the dealer is bound by these terms or not.
I had the same experience when I ordered my 16 Z06.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thomasmoto For This Useful Post:
c5c6c7 (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 04:48 PM
aaslanmd
CF Member

My ZR1 was "price protected" @ code 2000 by MacMulkin, even after I made order change @ code 3000. Talk to your dealer/salesperson... Good luck + enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to aaslanmd For This Useful Post:
c5c6c7 (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 08:03 PM
c5c6c7
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by aaslanmd View Post
My ZR1 was "price protected" @ code 2000 by MacMulkin, even after I made order change @ code 3000. Talk to your dealer/salesperson... Good luck + enjoy!
Thanks that was GREAT info, they finally gave me the same "Price protection Warantee"...but what happened was:
I changed the color from my initial order before it got picked up by GM....
The dealership stated that when I changed the color it was after the price increase therefore the initial order was voided and the new "color" order was now under the new price increase!
Anyway they tried but finally caved.....
Thanks that was great info......
Old 03-12-2019, 08:44 PM
range96
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by c5c6c7 View Post
Thanks that was GREAT info, they finally gave me the same "Price protection Warantee"...but what happened was:
The dealership stated that when I changed the color it was after the price increase therefore the initial order was voided and the new "color" order was now under the new price increase!
The dealer has to call GM to receive the old price. GM will most likely honor the Price protection and the dealer will pass that on to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to range96 For This Useful Post:
aaslanmd (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 08:55 PM
c5c6c7
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by range96 View Post
The dealer has to call GM to receive the old price. GM will most likely honor the Price protection and the dealer will pass that on to you.
If they knew they could have done that in the first place why did they tell me that I wasn't entitled to the lower price.
I think they knew about the price protection warantee but is it possible they were trying to make an extra 2K on me.
When I told them I was going to check with the guys on the forum "Price protection "miraculously appeared.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:47 PM
aaslanmd
CF Member

You're welcome!
Glad it worked out!
The Following User Says Thank You to aaslanmd For This Useful Post:
c5c6c7 (03-12-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 12:30 PM
Thomasmoto
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Zr1

Originally Posted by aaslanmd View Post
You're welcome!
Glad it worked out!
This is just another example of how this forum benefits the Corvette community.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thomasmoto For This Useful Post:
c5c6c7 (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 12:55 PM
range96
CF Senior Member

If they knew they could have done that in the first place why did they tell me that I wasn't entitled to the lower price.
I think they knew about the price protection warantee but is it possible they were trying to make an extra 2K on me.
When I told them I was going to check with the guys on the forum "Price protection "miraculously appeared.
You got it. The dealer will charge what the customer is willing to pay. It was the same in my case.
The Following User Says Thank You to range96 For This Useful Post:
c5c6c7 (03-13-2019)

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: