Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 ZR1 Discussion
Reload this Page >

Are the side front aelerons not street legal?

C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are the side front aelerons not street legal?

Old 03-19-2019, 09:05 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Liked 3,482 Times in 2,325 Posts

Originally Posted by c5c6c7 View Post
Because on the plastic pouch (which he sent me a picture of) that contains the parts it says "Race/Track Prep only"
The mechanics won't break the law!
What law. That statement doesn't reference any law. GM certified the car from an emissions and fuel mileage standpoint without those parts on the car. To keep their certification they add that info to those parts. There is no state or federal law that states those items can't be used on the street.

Bill
The following users liked this post: Bill Dearborn
Mikec7z (03-21-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 09:09 PM
c5c6c7
CF Senior Member

Liked 28 Times in 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn View Post
What law. That statement doesn't reference any law. GM certified the car from an emissions and fuel mileage standpoint without those parts on the car. To keep their certification they add that info to those parts. There is no state or federal law that states those items can't be used on the street.

Bill
I really believe they were just trying to "stick it to the man" buying the expensive car... I guess they showed me
Old 03-19-2019, 11:15 PM
duanesZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 124 Times in 97 Posts

Put them on yourself it only takes 10 minuets, 6 screws and 2 bolts SCREW YOUR DEALER they are full of S__T
The following users liked this post: duanesZ06
c5c6c7 (03-20-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 07:48 AM
638HP
CF Senior Member

Liked 70 Times in 31 Posts

Originally Posted by pibohmark View Post
Tell them you are going to the track for a HPDE and you want them installed. Then go have fun!
Tried that with the NCM team... adimately no can do. Tried it with my dealer and same response.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:16 PM
B-Reiter

Liked 16 Times in 14 Posts

Hmmm. My question is , will you need the front winglets on to properly balance the car at high speeds with the Big Wing? My dealer installed mine. It's part of the designed car. PDI.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:59 PM
Palantirion
CF Senior Member

Liked 115 Times in 87 Posts

Originally Posted by c5c6c7 View Post
My dealer is refusing to install the front side wings because he is saying they are only track legal....any feed back on that?
-The side markers are a EU requirement, not a US one. Thus blocking them is not illegal in the US. But you could argue that the delivering dealer may take on liability for unbalancing the factory designed aero of the car. Mention the L word and watch them spring into action.

Last edited by Palantirion; 03-20-2019 at 08:00 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Palantirion:
c5c6c7 (03-20-2019), Mikec7z (03-21-2019)

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: