Notices
C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Order cut off for ZR1

Old 05-10-2019, 11:21 PM
ZR-1DUDE
CF Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Order cut off for ZR1

Anybody know when the cut off for ZR1 ordered?

They are cranking them out pretty steady. Seem like it will break 2500.

What are the latest TPW dates people are seeing?

Can't wait to pick up #2372 next week.

D.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:44 AM
D'ZR1 Messiah
CF Senior Member

Received 279 Likes on 135 Posts

Here's Rick Conti's take on when C7s will be ending production.

The following 2 users liked this post by D'ZR1 Messiah:
jamesbeattie (05-11-2019), ZR-1DUDE (05-11-2019)
Old 05-11-2019, 02:29 AM
range96
CF Senior Member

Received 197 Likes on 156 Posts

Back in January, I predicted that by May 15 we'll reach 2,500 cars. I was pretty close. Now, I predict that we'll have around 3,000 cars for MY 2019. The end of production will be at the end of July. That is my educated guess based on currently available information.
The following users liked this post:
638HP (05-11-2019)
Old 05-11-2019, 08:10 AM
ZR-1DUDE
CF Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by D'ZR1 Messiah View Post
Here's Rick Conti's take on when C7s will be ending production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnxmH5Vvkw4
Thanks.

He is saying end of July for production. End of ordering May.

D.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:39 AM
snakepit
CF Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

As of 5/9/19 they are up to 2405
Old 05-11-2019, 06:11 PM
nrbc7
CF Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

TPW 7/8/19 on Elkland Blue A8 1LZ . 8 a day approximately through end of July would put them at 2900
ZR-1DUDE (05-11-2019)
Old 05-11-2019, 07:07 PM
Glenn Quagmire
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 332 Likes on 176 Posts

If the C7 ZR1 is limited to under 3,000 units as it appears, based on production numbers throughout Corvette history, depreciation will be kind...particularly to M7's. In comparison, C4 ZR-1's ran for six years, totaling nearly 7,000 units and values for average cars are holding firm in the 50% of original sticker range. Again, that's on a car with six model years and more than twice as many units. Production of the previous gen FGT was three years and totaled 4,038 units. Average original sticker price was in the $150K range, with average units currently trading in the $300K+ range.

While the C7 ZR1 may never come close to commanding the kinds of values 04-06 FGT's are, the fact that it's the last of the FE platform and has significant potential with performance mods, it should help to keep numbers up. So, those trolling here about over paying, obviously don't understand the collector car market. All one has to do is look at low volume Porsche models, to see how prices have held up.

Last edited by Glenn Quagmire; 05-11-2019 at 07:09 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Glenn Quagmire:
Alwallis (05-15-2019), NW-99SS (05-15-2019)
Old 05-11-2019, 11:10 PM
Hawkbarr
CF Senior Member

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

My dealer also confirmed yesterday what Rick is claiming: end of ordering May, end of prodUction July
Old 05-12-2019, 01:43 AM
blb078
CF Senior Member

Received 80 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire View Post
If the C7 ZR1 is limited to under 3,000 units as it appears, based on production numbers throughout Corvette history, depreciation will be kind...particularly to M7's. In comparison, C4 ZR-1's ran for six years, totaling nearly 7,000 units and values for average cars are holding firm in the 50% of original sticker range. Again, that's on a car with six model years and more than twice as many units. Production of the previous gen FGT was three years and totaled 4,038 units. Average original sticker price was in the $150K range, with average units currently trading in the $300K+ range.

While the C7 ZR1 may never come close to commanding the kinds of values 04-06 FGT's are, the fact that it's the last of the FE platform and has significant potential with performance mods, it should help to keep numbers up. So, those trolling here about over paying, obviously don't understand the collector car market. All one has to do is look at low volume Porsche models, to see how prices have held up.

Comparing a ZR1 to a FGT or a low production Porsche is apples to oranges. The FGT was just that version of the car, no Z06 type car, Grand Sport, Stingray. No those cars aren't ZR1's but they are still all C7's just difference in performance and some looks. Comparing values to Porsche(or Ferrari for that matter) is just dumb. Those two companies have a history of retaining/increasing values on limited production cars, but more importantly they have the customer base with the financial background to pay a premium for those limited cars. If you think because it has a ZR1 emblem on it or because it's the "last of the front engine cars" it's going to retain it's value, well wish in one hand and sh*t in the other and see what happens first. People use to think the same thing about the McLaren 675LT which was promoted as a limited production car and only had 1000 made world wide and you can go on any car buying site right now and find them below msrp.

The car market now is a different game than it use to be, so many more options available, so many more "new" cars coming out every year or two that all upping the performance, tech, etc. 30+ years down the road sure you will probably see a increase in value like a lot of cars but in the near term don't get your hopes up.
serpent (05-12-2019)
Old 05-12-2019, 04:38 AM
Glenn Quagmire
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by blb078 View Post
Comparing a ZR1 to a FGT or a low production Porsche is apples to oranges. The FGT was just that version of the car, no Z06 type car, Grand Sport, Stingray. No those cars aren't ZR1's but they are still all C7's just difference in performance and some looks. Comparing values to Porsche(or Ferrari for that matter) is just dumb. Those two companies have a history of retaining/increasing values on limited production cars, but more importantly they have the customer base with the financial background to pay a premium for those limited cars. If you think because it has a ZR1 emblem on it or because it's the "last of the front engine cars" it's going to retain it's value, well wish in one hand and sh*t in the other and see what happens first. People use to think the same thing about the McLaren 675LT which was promoted as a limited production car and only had 1000 made world wide and you can go on any car buying site right now and find them below msrp.

The car market now is a different game than it use to be, so many more options available, so many more "new" cars coming out every year or two that all upping the performance, tech, etc. 30+ years down the road sure you will probably see a increase in value like a lot of cars but in the near term don't get your hopes up.
So, you wanna call my comparison “dumb?” Is that really necessary? Given you don’t own a ZR1, why waste time on this topic, Oh, and Since when does Ford have anywhere near the number of high net worth loyalists that GM has? They sold a grand total of 4K cars and struggled in ‘06 to find buyers. Are you suggesting that if GM produced 500 half million dollar halo cars, they’d struggle to find customers?

As for your example of the 675lt, I can tell you as a McLaren owner, few buyers of the car expected values to hold up. Aside from the P1, McLaren is a depreciation machine. Neither the 650 nor the 675 have done well in the resale market. There simply isn’t enough brand loyalty at this stage in the game.

In case you missed it, let me reiterate my earlier statement regarding the previous gen GT: the ZR1 may never come close to the values currently seen with the FGT. But, just as the GT3 does very well with value retention, so too will the ZR1. This is especially true, given the combination of a massive customer base (more than twice as many Corvettes sold last year than 911’s and FGT’s combined) very low volume, single year of production, last FE configuration halo car that with basic mods, can run low 9’s and hang with exotics several times it’s price on any road course in the world. Quick, name another current production car that can check all of those boxes. I rest my case.

Again, over the arc of time, depreciation will be kind to the C7 ZR1.

Last edited by Glenn Quagmire; 05-12-2019 at 05:12 AM.
The following 9 users liked this post by Glenn Quagmire:
94Lt1Vette (05-12-2019), B-Reiter (05-14-2019), Boeing7571 (05-12-2019), D'ZR1 Messiah (05-13-2019), Hawkbarr (05-12-2019), Leadfoot01 (05-12-2019), LowcountryBob (05-14-2019), NW-99SS (05-15-2019), txoutdoors (05-13-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 07:12 PM
ZF Six
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 101 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire View Post
So, you wanna call my comparison “dumb?” Is that really necessary? Given you don’t own a ZR1, why waste time on this topic, Oh, and Since when does Ford have anywhere near the number of high net worth loyalists that GM has? They sold a grand total of 4K cars and struggled in ‘06 to find buyers. Are you suggesting that if GM produced 500 half million dollar halo cars, they’d struggle to find customers?

As for your example of the 675lt, I can tell you as a McLaren owner, few buyers of the car expected values to hold up. Aside from the P1, McLaren is a depreciation machine. Neither the 650 nor the 675 have done well in the resale market. There simply isn’t enough brand loyalty at this stage in the game.

In case you missed it, let me reiterate my earlier statement regarding the previous gen GT: the ZR1 may never come close to the values currently seen with the FGT. But, just as the GT3 does very well with value retention, so too will the ZR1. This is especially true, given the combination of a massive customer base (more than twice as many Corvettes sold last year than 911’s and FGT’s combined) very low volume, single year of production, last FE configuration halo car that with basic mods, can run low 9’s and hang with exotics several times it’s price on any road course in the world. Quick, name another current production car that can check all of those boxes. I rest my case.

Again, over the arc of time, depreciation will be kind to the C7 ZR1.
You're assuming that people will value the fact that it's the last FE Corvette. Why wouldn't buyers prefer the ME platform, driving down values of the FE cars?

Also, at the end of the day this is a Corvette we are talking about. It's not a one-off supercar like a FGT and they don't have the pedigree of a Porsche with a history of great value. Traditionally, Corvettes have taken a huge hit on the second hand market and I don't expect the C7 ZR1 to be much different. It may retain value a little bit better but it's no Porsche GT car.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:27 AM
Glenn Quagmire
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ZF Six View Post
You're assuming that people will value the fact that it's the last FE Corvette. Why wouldn't buyers prefer the ME platform, driving down values of the FE cars?

Also, at the end of the day this is a Corvette we are talking about. It's not a one-off supercar like a FGT and they don't have the pedigree of a Porsche with a history of great value. Traditionally, Corvettes have taken a huge hit on the second hand market and I don't expect the C7 ZR1 to be much different. It may retain value a little bit better but it's no Porsche GT car.
Obviously, comprehension is lost on you
The following 4 users liked this post by Glenn Quagmire:
DebRedZR1 (05-15-2019), HTXSkydiver (05-15-2019), Repo Pilot (05-16-2019), TonyFiorello (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 09:49 AM
TopSpeedNeed
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Bottom line is, a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.... No, I don't own a ZR1, honestly, I have been waiting for the bottom to fall out to get a good deal on one, and with the ME coming out, I am sure, there is somebody willing to give up his ZR1 on a new ME, and the dealer is going to give him pennies on the dollar (just like our C7 Z06's) with the excuse being the ZR1 is old news. I used to be big into Buick Grand National's when the market was reasonable, and every now and then I will take a look to see whats available, and I just saw a 1987 Grand National with 9K miles on it, the guy wanted 150K... Good luck with that, it wasn't even a GNX... My personal opinion is, yes I would like to have a ZR1, but at a very good price, definitely wouldn't pay crazy money just to say I have one...In the corvette world, there are "waxers" and there are "racers", I consider myself to be a waxing racer, I try my best to keep the car as pristine and clean as possible, but I also drive the car like it was meant to be driven, from Church to the track, and as fast as possible...
Glenn Quagmire (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 10:06 AM
NW-99SS
CF Senior Member

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm with Glen, and while I haven't bought a ZR1, I fully intend to in the near future - and yes I realize that means from the second hand market.

I DO value the last FE Corvette, with a manual transmission, and 755hp without any electric assist, additional batteries, etc. I'm willing to bet I'm not alone, but really don't care either way. The ZR1 I end up won't be for speculating on value, it will be for driving, tracking, etc.
The following 3 users liked this post by NW-99SS:
Glenn Quagmire (05-15-2019), TopSpeedNeed (05-15-2019), Vernon (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 12:44 PM
HTXSkydiver
CF Senior Member

Received 267 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by TopSpeedNeed View Post
Bottom line is, a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.... No, I don't own a ZR1, honestly, I have been waiting for the bottom to fall out to get a good deal on one, and with the ME coming out, I am sure, there is somebody willing to give up his ZR1 on a new ME, and the dealer is going to give him pennies on the dollar (just like our C7 Z06's) with the excuse being the ZR1 is old news. I used to be big into Buick Grand National's when the market was reasonable, and every now and then I will take a look to see whats available, and I just saw a 1987 Grand National with 9K miles on it, the guy wanted 150K... Good luck with that, it wasn't even a GNX... My personal opinion is, yes I would like to have a ZR1, but at a very good price, definitely wouldn't pay crazy money just to say I have one...In the corvette world, there are "waxers" and there are "racers", I consider myself to be a waxing racer, I try my best to keep the car as pristine and clean as possible, but I also drive the car like it was meant to be driven, from Church to the track, and as fast as possible...
“I would like to have a Ferrari, but at a Fiat price” LMAO...

The bottom will not be dropping out of these cars. Those waiting on “deep discounts” missed the boat. This car is destined to be a classic and the EXTREMELY FAITHFUL front engine corvette community will be buying used ones at high prices for years to come. Don’t compare the C7 ZR1 (very rare) to the C7 Z06 (hundreds if not thousands sitting on dealer lots today at big discounts). Sure “pennies on the dollar” for a Z06 at trade, but a ZR1? You must be joking bud.
The following 2 users liked this post by HTXSkydiver:
94Lt1Vette (05-15-2019), DebRedZR1 (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 03:06 PM
TopSpeedNeed
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by HTXSkydiver View Post

The bottom will not be dropping out of these cars. Those waiting on “deep discounts” missed the boat. This car is destined to be a classic and the EXTREMELY FAITHFUL front engine corvette community will be buying used ones at high prices for years to come. Don’t compare the C7 ZR1 (very rare) to the C7 Z06 (hundreds if not thousands sitting on dealer lots today at big discounts). Sure “pennies on the dollar” for a Z06 at trade, but a ZR1? You must be joking bud.
"Pennies on the dollar" was/is an exaggeration to prove a point. As far as missing the boat, we are entitled to our opinions, "destined to be a classic", as you said, "you must be joking bud"... At the end of the day, it will always be a corvette, and don't get me wrong, I have had 19 corvettes, I am all in on corvettes, but not 25K over sticker, and it will never be a Ferrari, a Ford GT, or a Porsche.... That being said, I firmly believe the Corvette is hands down, the best bargain in the supercar market, but to put the ZR1 in the same class as those guys is a pipe dream. I honestly don't think the "bottom will be dropping" out on the ZR1, but I guarantee when the ME comes out, there is going to be some good deals on ZR1's, and I'll be right there to pick one up...

Last edited by TopSpeedNeed; 05-15-2019 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:10 PM
TopSpeedNeed
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
I'm with Glen, and while I haven't bought a ZR1, I fully intend to in the near future - and yes I realize that means from the second hand market.

I DO value the last FE Corvette, with a manual transmission, and 755hp without any electric assist, additional batteries, etc. I'm willing to bet I'm not alone, but really don't care either way. The ZR1 I end up won't be for speculating on value, it will be for driving, tracking, etc.
Ditto....
NW-99SS (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 03:26 PM
HTXSkydiver
CF Senior Member

Received 267 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by TopSpeedNeed View Post
"Pennies on the dollar" was/is an exaggeration to prove a point. As far as missing the boat, we are entitled to our opinions, "destined to be a classic", as you said, "you must be joking bud"... At the end of the day, it will always be a corvette, and don't get me wrong, I have had 19 corvettes, I am all in on corvettes, but not 25K over sticker, and it will never be a Ferrari, a Ford GT, or a Porsche.... That being said, I firmly believe the Corvette is hands down, the best bargain in the supercar market, but to put the ZR1 in the same class as those guys is a pipe dream. I honestly don't think the "bottom will be dropping" out on the ZR1, but I guarantee when the ME comes out, there is going to be some good deals on ZR1's, and I'll be right there to pick one up...
You've clearly never driven a ZR1. It’s all around a better car than my Ferrari Portofino and 911 Turbo, at least for what I use it/them for. The ZR1 IS in the same class although the fit/finish is a tad lacking. Guess that’s ok for a car that’s HALF THE PRICE.

You class the FGT with Ferrari?! Really? That car is a joke and even Ford knows it. Why should anyone spend $500k on a car that does literally nothing well...
The following 2 users liked this post by HTXSkydiver:
DebRedZR1 (05-15-2019), NW-99SS (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 03:26 PM
UnhandledException
CF Senior Member

Received 122 Likes on 92 Posts

While Corvette is not a good value holder, I think due to lack of manual transmission in C8 and lack of superchargers, it will retain its value. The way C8 Z cars will sound (turbo) coupled with only DCT and potentially heavier car (all that automatic targa roof removal and any other engine mounts will add weight) will push people like me into the C7 platform.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:27 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,228 Likes on 653 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by HTXSkydiver View Post

Some of these responses LOL anyone trading the 750+ HP ZR for a ME. I love my FE M7 Big Azz Wing Dragon A year of production later and the Bottom isn't falling out

The following 4 users liked this post by DebRedZR1:
dee zed (05-18-2019), NW-99SS (05-15-2019), Repo Pilot (05-16-2019), TopSpeedNeed (05-16-2019)

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: