C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Memory seat return trick with manual cars

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 10:57 AM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Received 729 Likes on 418 Posts
Default Memory seat return trick with manual cars

It has been discussed here the problem some of us have had getting our memory seat system to operate properly. The solution was to remember to engage the emergency brake before shutting off the car. At 5’9”, I had an additional problem having to stretch my left leg far enough to fully engage the clutch with the drivers seat all the way back to return the seat to the proper “driving position” when restarting the car. There is a better way. I now get in the car and press the starter button without engaging the clutch or pressing the brake and it activates my memory settings so I can start the car with all controls and mirrors already in my desired positions. I thought I’d send this along for some of the “new” members that have come along since it was last discussed. I have found that many dealers don’t know this stuff.

Last edited by Rinaldo Catria; 05-28-2019 at 10:59 AM.
The following 7 users liked this post by Rinaldo Catria:
aaslanmd (05-28-2019), cartester (05-29-2019), hcvone (05-29-2019), LowcountryBob (05-28-2019), Palantirion (05-28-2019), Preshenne (05-28-2019), rob62 (05-28-2019) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-29-2019, 07:06 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

Originally Posted by Rinaldo Catria
It has been discussed here the problem some of us have had getting our memory seat system to operate properly. The solution was to remember to engage the emergency brake before shutting off the car. At 5’9”, I had an additional problem having to stretch my left leg far enough to fully engage the clutch with the drivers seat all the way back to return the seat to the proper “driving position” when restarting the car. There is a better way. I now get in the car and press the starter button without engaging the clutch or pressing the brake and it activates my memory settings so I can start the car with all controls and mirrors already in my desired positions. I thought I’d send this along for some of the “new” members that have come along since it was last discussed. I have found that many dealers don’t know this stuff.
Or just set the easy exit for 2" less and that will work too, at 5'9" I know.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:20 AM
cartester
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

Mine have been driving me crazy. Like you say with a manual you have to return the seat to the driving position before you can reach the clutch enough to start the car. I've gotten in the habit of manually moving the seat forward with a slight bump of the seat control first then pressing and holding the memory button. No bump no memory.

I'll try your tip about the brake to see if that works for me. I do remember the starter button technique working for a while then all of a sudden, not. Maybe I didn't do it right.
Old 05-29-2019, 10:47 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

My settings got wiped out with a 'GM cloud' download. Some may have trouble setting the parameters but be sure to 'key on' only with no engine start and then readjust mirrors, seat and steering wheel (even if set right to begin with) and then set the memory. At least that is what works in my A8.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:45 AM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Received 729 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by hcvone
Or just set the easy exit for 2" less and that will work too, at 5'9" I know.
Yes .. very good additional info... I have noticed entry and exit are considerably more difficult with the C7 than my C6 (no doubt a lit to do with bolsters on C7 comp seats), so I do like the seat all the way back for getting in and out. I have no problem in and out of the 6 without even moving the seat. The C7 is a real buggar to enter/exit without seat back for me.
Old 05-29-2019, 02:05 PM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

Originally Posted by Rinaldo Catria
Yes .. very good additional info... I have noticed entry and exit are considerably more difficult with the C7 than my C6 (no doubt a lit to do with bolsters on C7 comp seats), so I do like the seat all the way back for getting in and out. I have no problem in and out of the 6 without even moving the seat. The C7 is a real buggar to enter/exit without seat back for me.
I hear you, wish my legs were longer

Get notified of new replies

To Memory seat return trick with manual cars

Quick Reply: Memory seat return trick with manual cars