Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zora deposits????

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by n_coming
Man I REALLY hope the new zora isn't a Cadillac. I hate cadi's so much. Over priced, ugly imo, one of the worst resale values I've seen on cars and I may be wrong but isn't it like an unspoken rule the the corvette must be the highest performance car form gm?

Dave
Old 11-02-2015, 05:09 PM
senah
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by 1KULC7
Just must be nice to be able to put down a few thousand and get nothing in return....
i think most people would put a clause in their deposit contract that would require a refund should the car not be produced.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:14 PM
senah
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com

Dave
the best looking caddy ever planned:

http://worldsupercars.info/lutz-unve...3*lutz-16.jpg/

didn't go into production. they could have shortened the hood a couple of feet and put a blown v8 in it. i liked the cien too.

Last edited by senah; 11-02-2015 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:26 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by senah
the best looking caddy ever planned:

didn't go into production. they could have shortened the hood a couple of feet and put a blown v8 in it. i liked the cien too.
It's a 2-seater, mid-engine sports car with a removable roof panel. No rocket science here when it comes to wondering what's in development. Also, remember that the XLR came out a year before the C6 did. It's not unlikely that the early development stages started with Caddy and then moved over to Chevrolet as things get closer.

I don't know any facts here, I'm just speculating from the facts that are out there.

Dave
The following users liked this post:
kenownr (11-03-2015)
Old 11-03-2015, 01:00 AM
senah
Burning Brakes

It's a 2-seater, mid-engine sports car with a removable roof panel. No rocket science here when it comes to wondering what's in development. Also, remember that the XLR came out a year before the C6 did. It's not unlikely that the early development stages started with Caddy and then moved over to Chevrolet as things get closer.

I don't know any facts here, I'm just speculating from the facts that are out there.

Dave
sorry Dave, my post was confusing. this was the Caddy i was talking about being the best looking one ever;

and i agree, there is so much info pointing to a zora chevy/cadillac midengine same basic platform shared production that it amazes me that anyone chooses not to look at it. as they used to say in the last milenium, the proof is in the pudding.

Last edited by senah; 11-03-2015 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:05 AM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

With Corvettes being a true volume sales/money maker for GM, I think the brand deserves an actual HALO. Ford GT's are built with limited production in mind as a development and racing exercise....don't see why the time isn't also right for GM to participate. Taking deposits sure is a minimally advertised way to gauge interest also. Afterall...getting a few thousand old boys to step up and buy it should be like taking candy from a baby. DCT and an open roof to cool their bald spot equals win...
Old 11-03-2015, 09:33 AM
Newman Boy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave
Johan de Nyssche, CEO of Cadillac sure seems to hint there will be one, but maybe as Caddy. See Motortrend December 2015.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:40 AM
scottsh
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Just reminding everybody - this is from Automobile Mag in March of 2015.

Rumor and speculation that Chevrolet finally would move the Corvette’s small-block V-8 to just behind the seats began again anew (rumors of a mid-engine Corvette have been rampant seemingly forever) when our colleagues at Motor Trend reported it last August. Our friends and competitors at Car and Driver plastered all over their October 2014 cover, saying unequivocally that it was coming in 2017. Then just before January’s North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Car and Driver procured exclusive spy shots of what it said was a mid-engine Corvette mule using Holden Ute bodywork, with some C7 bits (the very definition of a mule).
Old 11-03-2015, 02:47 PM
senah
Burning Brakes

i'm guessing a small block (5.5 liter dohc, possibly twin turbo) v8 for the zora and caddy midengine upscale models while the c7 line continues in its current basic style and configuration.

chevrolet won't abandon their ability to sell 30k + cars a year in the $50 k + price range, imo.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:46 AM
1776DAVE
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Well I put my name on the waiting list. Don't know if I will be able to afford it or not but by gosh I got my name on the list!
Old 11-28-2015, 08:47 AM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by RC000E
With Corvettes being a true volume sales/money maker for GM, I think the brand deserves an actual HALO. Ford GT's are built with limited production in mind as a development and racing exercise....don't see why the time isn't also right for GM to participate. Taking deposits sure is a minimally advertised way to gauge interest also. Afterall...getting a few thousand old boys to step up and buy it should be like taking candy from a baby. DCT and an open roof to cool their bald spot equals win...
Really? You think the Corvette is a volume leader/moneymaker for GM? 35k cars a year is not a sales leader. If fact, I'm willing to bet the Corvette is the lowest volume car GM makes.

Last edited by C7-Beast; 11-28-2015 at 08:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Zora deposits????