Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10 Features We Hope to See in The C8

Old 08-01-2017, 11:37 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by fsvoboda
That's likely a regulatory requirement to assure the visibility of the turn signal.

That's probably true. It doesn't improve safety though. I'm not looking at the road ahead when I'm distracted by how bad it looks. I might rear end the car in front of me that has that same feature while distracted. Sometimes laws and regulations need to change if they are bad laws. Or move the LED a little further away from the turn signal so it can remain on. Or dim both LEDs at the same time.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:58 AM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Received 755 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetLegalH2R
Lots of current driver focused sport/hyper cars still have standard controls. There are no shortage of options, regardless of price point, from the Ariel Atom to Koenigsegg. Part of the reason the previous GT is now worth double or triple its original asking price is because guys like me are over the diaposeable electronic nonsense in modern cars. Don't get me wrong, I love science but I've had it with these buggy worthless distractions littering consoles in new cars. I have a C7 Z06 and what is otherwise perfection is ruined by the glowing abortion in front of the shifter. The Z06 is a barely legal track car with a dash designed for Asian teenage girls. I want to adjust the temp and turn the music up or down. I don't need the weather, a hands free phone, a GPS that can't find anything, a friggin' SMS app or a $200 a year subscription to Howard Stern in a car with 650 horsepower.

BTW, you'd have more credibility of you learned the difference between your and you're. Maybe you should stick with emojis?
We get it, you're a salty turd. Thanks for expressing your opinion so clearly. But to be just as clear, there are just as many people (perhaps far more) who feel the exact opposite (including me). GM nailed it with the C7 interior, including the features you say are for "Asian teenage girls" -- although I'm not sure what a nationality or gender has to do with the electronics.

You clearly want to drive a car from a different era. As you have already mentioned, there are cars out there that fit the bill for you. Enjoy them while they last.

I am glad that GM is making cars that are contemporary -- something the Corvette has always represented. I don't think the Corvette should be stuck in 1967.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:51 PM
stevebz06
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 205 Posts

At least 14 stereo speakers. How have we lived with only 13 all these years?
Old 08-03-2017, 03:29 PM
live2drive
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 5 Posts

Doors that open a little wider. I always scrape the speaker grill with my big feet when exiting a C7. Did not have that problem in a C6.

Last edited by live2drive; 08-03-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:53 PM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Default okay GM now get busy

1-more room
2-awd option
3-less gimmicky gauges
4-less exterior glitz
5-latest safety features STANDARD'
6-two tone seat options
7-run flat tires STANDARD(Michelin)