Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mid-engine Corvette Hits the Winter Test Track (Photos)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 04:40 PM
Curated Content Editor
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 915 Likes on 461 Posts
Default Mid-engine Corvette Hits the Winter Test Track (Photos)

Mid-engine Corvette Hits the Winter Test Track (Photos)
By Conor Fynes

The following users liked this post:
Acpantera (11-20-2023)
Old 02-27-2017, 05:17 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Who would want to hit a track in weather like that on the ground.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:15 AM
bigblock427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,346 Likes on 1,057 Posts

The body overhang, on the mid engine vehicle, at the front and rear is very long.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:48 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

Question, is the C7 as we know going to be discontinued or is going to continue to run along side the C8 because the C8 is the mid-engine?

They are testing what appears to be a ZR1 so I am not sure how they can do a reveal of a new version of the C7 and then release the C8 unless the C8 is specifically for the mid-engine only.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:14 AM
Krystal
Race Director

Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by ~Stingray
Question, is the C7 as we know going to be discontinued or is going to continue to run along side the C8 because the C8 is the mid-engine?

They are testing what appears to be a ZR1 so I am not sure how they can do a reveal of a new version of the C7 and then release the C8 unless the C8 is specifically for the mid-engine only.
It's possible that GM might release 2 versions of Corvette........but wow......that sure seems unlikely. The car isn't exactly a HUGE seller that would easily support two very different offerings.

I'd sooner guess this is an attempt to keep the guessing and hype alive as long as possible........testing might be no small part of it too.

If GM goes the route of a DRAMATIC change in engine location.......the new car with an engine in the middle has to absolutely STOMP the old design......it's hard to imagine "close" in performance would be well received by loyal Corvette buyers who have always seen the car as a front engine vehicle they have chosen over the current 'Mid engine" cars built by other manufacturers.

Last edited by Krystal; 02-28-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:11 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

Originally Posted by Krystal
It's possible that GM might release 2 versions of Corvette........but wow......that sure seems unlikely. The car isn't exactly a HUGE seller that would easily support two very different offerings.

I'd sooner guess this is an attempt to keep the guessing and hype alive as long as possible........testing might be no small part of it too.

If GM goes the route of a DRAMATIC change in engine location.......the new car with an engine in the middle has to absolutely STOMP the old design......it's hard to imagine "close" in performance would be well received by loyal Corvette buyers who have always seen the car as a front engine vehicle they have chosen over the current 'Mid engine" cars built by other manufacturers.
I thought about that, but I also considered the price. mid-engine is always a hike in price. And I can't imagine the corvette would move into $150k+ range only. There has to be lower models for the masses and all the talk is shifting the mid-engine to the C8 and ZR1 release. Neither or which are going to be cheap.

Get notified of new replies

To Mid-engine Corvette Hits the Winter Test Track (Photos)

Quick Reply: Mid-engine Corvette Hits the Winter Test Track (Photos)