Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We Have New Mid-Engine Corvette Renders

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 10:25 PM
2cnd Chance
Melting Slicks

Received 975 Likes on 531 Posts

Originally Posted by KrisColoradoLV
I actually would like them to go in the direction of this black one. But I doubt they will put the windshield that far forward with those proportions. Disappointedly, production cars are just way behind of what is possible. I also like a green scale model mid-engine Corvette that I saw in a magazine about 25 years ago. I've never seen it online. I have it in a box somewhere. I'll try to find. What I'm trying to do is give Chevrolet the minimum of what is expected so they will produce something at least as good or better, if not use my idea. I also would like to get noticed so that my other designs can be produced in the future. I have designs that are way more advanced than these, but they are not Corvettes. They would have to be produced under another name.
Yes I agree the black design is very cool! My feeling is this new car can go in any direction, and it should not follow the typical Corvette evolutionary design. More like C1 to C2 and C2 to C3.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:51 AM
pmartjr
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Found this thread tonight and read the whole thing beginning to end and didn't see one post that mentioned the possibility that the ME design might be the new ZR1 to run concurrent with the regular line of amazing performance Corvettes. Closest someone suggested was that the ME might go to the Cadillac line to justify more money and leave the C7 line as is. That is a possilbity of course but it makes sense to me that the ZR1 has been the absolute Corvette performance car well in excess of the others. With the C7 Z06 at 650HP, who thinks more horsepower can be feasible with that platform? My 427 convertible is on the limit for horsepower in my opinion. Why not let the Z06 top the C7 front engine line and then make the mid-engine platform with say 750HP called the ZR1? Those who can and want to spend what no doubt will be a much higher price can do so and the rest of we mear mortal average Joe's still have a reasonably priced performance car that holds its own with 99% of the world's cars. It would be a pipe dream to think there would be $65K mid engine Corvettes. Makes more sense to have a great performance car available for that kind of money and then offer a mid engine ZR1 for those who can afford whatever they want. Corvettes should not be bought and driven because they are what you can afford. They should be bought because they are the best performing car period. A mid engine ZR1 could be that car.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:13 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default I like it.

I agree 2cnd Chance.

Edited: [I've improved on this design since this posting. Bottom picture is new.
Come take a look.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...you-think.html

Try to keep the fighting to a minimum though. A lot of if going on over there.]

-
Attached Images   

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 05-23-2017 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Added Link
Old 04-17-2017, 08:36 PM
Batman 357
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

I'll take one.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:41 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

We can only hope the next gen corvette looks like that blue sketch....wow...what a car!

That would make almost any corvette enthusiast proud...and quite a few jealous too....myself included...

That's awesome...
Old 04-18-2017, 12:34 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by JerriVette
We can only hope the next gen corvette looks like that blue sketch....wow...what a car!

That would make almost any corvette enthusiast proud...and quite a few jealous too....myself included...

That's awesome...

Thanks
The CF rendering that I saw on here inspired me to draw my own. Thanks for appreciating it. Been looking forward to a mid-engine Corvette for 30 years. Might have to build it myself if they don't.

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 05-07-2017 at 11:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JerriVette (04-18-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 07:55 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Originally Posted by JerriVette

That's awesome...

If I ever need a morale boost, I'll come back here and read your response about my design. Thanks man. You're great.

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 05-07-2017 at 11:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JerriVette (04-18-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 07:56 PM
2cnd Chance
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by pmartjr
Found this thread tonight and read the whole thing beginning to end and didn't see one post that mentioned the possibility that the ME design might be the new ZR1 to run concurrent with the regular line of amazing performance Corvettes. Closest someone suggested was that the ME might go to the Cadillac line to justify more money and leave the C7 line as is. That is a possilbity of course but it makes sense to me that the ZR1 has been the absolute Corvette performance car well in excess of the others. With the C7 Z06 at 650HP, who thinks more horsepower can be feasible with that platform? My 427 convertible is on the limit for horsepower in my opinion. Why not let the Z06 top the C7 front engine line and then make the mid-engine platform with say 750HP called the ZR1? Those who can and want to spend what no doubt will be a much higher price can do so and the rest of we mear mortal average Joe's still have a reasonably priced performance car that holds its own with 99% of the world's cars. It would be a pipe dream to think there would be $65K mid engine Corvettes. Makes more sense to have a great performance car available for that kind of money and then offer a mid engine ZR1 for those who can afford whatever they want. Corvettes should not be bought and driven because they are what you can afford. They should be bought because they are the best performing car period. A mid engine ZR1 could be that car.
The current winged C7 will be the ZR1. The Aero will allow for more HP.

IMO the ME car will be either a Cadillac and/or a Zora. I would like to see the traditional Corvette FE layout continue on to the C8 and beyond. I believe they all can find a place in the market. Some people still want a Corvette with a real trunk/hatch.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:52 PM
senah
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 101 Posts

best recent possibility i have seen

http://topcardeal.com/2017/03/28/spy...y-corvette-c8/

whoops, i didn't know there was a car called arrinera hussarya, lol!

Last edited by senah; 04-21-2017 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:07 PM
Mjolitor 68
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by dcbingaman
I have three Ford GT 1/18th scale models on a shelf in my man-cave - the Lola designed Ford GT40 from the 1960's, the Ford GT from 2005, and the new Ford GT the keeps losing to the Corvette C7R's at Sebring, Long Beach, Road Atlanta, etc. The new one looks good in pictures but it underwhelms in 3D. Not sure why, but it is BIG compared to the other two, and looks like a cockroach to me.

Honestly, the best looking one is still the original one from Lola. If GM could figure out how to modernize the Lola T70 coupe as the basis for the C8, they might have something.

Lola T70 is awesome

Just got back from the HSR Mitty where there were a few T70s. I'd love to drive one

Lola helped w the GT40 & the Corvette GTP from 80s was a Lola chassis.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:21 PM
2cnd Chance
Melting Slicks

Beautiful!

Last edited by 2cnd Chance; 04-24-2017 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:47 PM
ShahulX
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts

its possible they are pushing the vette upmarket, to slot the camaro in where current entry level vette owners are...
Old 04-24-2017, 10:07 PM
dcbingaman
Burning Brakes

Received 342 Likes on 207 Posts
Default RCR Replicars

Originally Posted by Mjolitor 68
Lola T70 is awesome

Just got back from the HSR Mitty where there were a few T70s. I'd love to drive one

Lola helped w the GT40 & the Corvette GTP from 80s was a Lola chassis.
You know you can BUY a brand new T70 replica with updated suspension at RCR Replicars. (See: http://race-car-replicas.com) You can even put an LS7 crate engine in it with a T5 transaxle and pretend you are Denny Hulme, (LOL). These cars are even street legal !

These RCR replicas are awesome, but dealing with an LS7 in a mid-engine car that weighs 2200# soaking wet might be a bit challenging. It probably could bite you pretty hard if you don't know what you are doing. BUT it would SMOKE any supercar out there that you can name. They ran one against a McLaren P1 a couple years ago at (I think), Silverstone, and it matched lap times - these guys build some amazing cars. A "roller" will cost you about $50K - you need to add drivetrain, etc.

RCR Replicar T70 Mk. III

Front end with body work removed - see front radiator

back end with Chevy carbureted engine installed

Quick Reply: We Have New Mid-Engine Corvette Renders