Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 concept-What do you think?

Old 08-11-2017, 11:47 PM
yz250fPilot
Pro

Received 581 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by KrisColoradoLV
I'm trying to make future Corvettes better than what they would have been otherwise. I believe I've already done that and I think the designers working on it appreciate it. They would ask me to stop if they wanted me too.
You are nothing but a talent-less hack, and your first-grade finger-painting smudges make that all too clear.

You are seriously delusional.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:04 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I should ask for a cut of all these page views. Probably fake accounts stirring up controversy to get visitors.

If you're a real person, and not just pretending to be a jerk to get page views, I really feel sorry for you. You must really hate your life to act the way you do.

The people that suppress and try to bring someone down are usually people that are afraid of that person's success. What are you afraid of?

I'll say here again. I'll never look at Corvettes the same. Or Corvette owners. You have soured it.

Why would any normal person act like that. Whatever game you are playing, whatever motive you have, I'm not going to play.
-

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 08-12-2017 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:17 AM
yz250fPilot
Pro

Received 581 Likes on 251 Posts

Probably fake accounts stirring up controversy to get visitors.
I have been here for over 10 years when I first bought my C5 Z06, you talent-less hack.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:53 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Strange that there would be people on here that would actually be against someone trying to make Corvettes better. Maybe they would like to go back to the way this earlier prototype looked, because the new windshield looks more like the drawing I posted. It's not about me, it's about improving things. I also like the way the top of the door curves up instead of down like a Ferrari.
Attached Images     
Old 08-18-2017, 08:24 PM
fyreline
Supporting Lifetime
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,266 Likes on 507 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified
2021 C1 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2016 C1 of the Year Finalist

Old 08-24-2017, 04:44 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Ahhh, but notice nobody has criticized my design. They have just criticized that the picture is dark. Thank you all. You guys are fighting the wrong person. You should be fighting GM. Demand greatness from them.
I think it looks great, take a hair off the wheel arches and make the nose just a little less V in the point, make the side scoops just a hair "tighter and smaller" on the side pods

the arches on the rocker panels are a bit too pronounced and can be blended in and smoothed and the car will look 150% cooler than most anything I've seen so the haters can hate, I think it looks really good and I applaud the efforts!

the c8 needs to knock my socks off styling wise and this design does it!
Old 08-29-2017, 10:32 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,419 Likes on 2,266 Posts

---

This has potential. Wheel diameter needs reduced - it's bordering on cartoonish. Wheelbase needs lengthened, particularly aft of the b pillar for the drive train layout. I like the nose, although it could use a bit more aggressive styling - tho hard to tell what detail it has with the darkness.

The rear of the door and rear quarter panel need resolved. Disjointed and some elements appear to be multiple pieces of body cladding over a sub panel, which I doubt is the effect you seek. There is an incongruity to lines of the rear quarter and aft section of the door. Perhaps it's not clear if there is a top fender intake intended. If not - it's not clear. If so, it's poorly done. The door cut itself needs dealt with, and doing so would likely aid in forcing the reconciliation of these incongruities.

Like the overall shape and stance. Just needs moved more toward actual machine.

Last edited by OnPoint; 08-30-2017 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:25 PM
txapezl1
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 148 Posts

W T F have I just read? I still have no idea what is going on in here. Some dude made a rendering.............that nobody can see. I'm actually still waiting to see the design of his ZR1.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:56 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by txapezl1
W T F have I just read? I still have no idea what is going on in here. Some dude made a rendering.............that nobody can see. I'm actually still waiting to see the design of his ZR1.
The OP name is Kris. The rending he is referenced is the on directly above this post.

If you can waste 15 minute of your life, that you will never get back and yes it will be a waste the OP thinks that GM design team has seen the rendering above this post that he posted back in April and then redesigned the prototype to copy his design.

His other rendering is the Blue one adjacent to a picture of a 488 Ferrari. It looks like something a kid in Grammer school would do. But he claims it's a world beating so called design.

Many of us in the auto business for years have tried to explain that GM is not looking at this forum and then redesigning a car that has been in the close to final design to copy his designs if that what you would call them.

The OP is convinced that those two rendering are being stolen and used by GM to design the rear Mid engine Vette design.

If you disagree with him that these are not the best designs in the world LOL then he states that the poster must work for GM or Ferrari and is out to steal his designs. So if your any way critical he labels you as a fake account. In the tread title he ask for our opinion and many have tried to politely offered our opinion in a friendly way only to be told that we do not know what design is and don't know anything about automotive design.

I take that as an insult having spent my entire life in the car business.

Most folks on the forum are nice guys and have tried to explain that GM and Ferrari are not looking at this Web site for design ideas.

I have tried to post as nicely as possible the reality for Kris.

I am actually embarrassed for him.

The poor guy is delusional and is making a jack *** of himself on the forum.

Read his post then look at his renderings and you see what I am talking about.

He is very naive or is a troll and this tread is page after page of how great of a automotive designer Kris is and how Corvette are poorly designed and behind the time for the last 4 generation.

When asked to support his claim of being a great designer and one of the best in the world he actually stated he has 2 designs that are the best in the world he refuses to post any of this great work because GM and Ferrari will steal his world beating designs. LOL.

If he truly has many great design he would post maybe a front view or rear view of one if these outstanding design that he is so worried that the best professional designer in the world are looking to copy his work posted here on this tread.

I have come to the conclusion that no one can be that naive and he just get off on insulting fellow forum members.

I was accused of being a Fake Account what ever that means because i stated i liked the Gray rendering.

Kris proceeded to tell me i know nothing about design and i must be a fake account if i liked the redering of the gray that you see posted in the middle of the rendering on page one.

The guy must be trolling about great design that are nothing more than smudge tool and repropotioned redering that he took of the Grey rendering that was posted by another member.
​​​​​
He has insulted many members that where just trying to avoid having him embarrass himself by his ridiculous post.

if he is what he claim he needs to provide even a partial example of his work. Other wise he just troll or delusional. Take your pick!!

Last edited by vetteman41960; 08-30-2017 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:12 PM
txapezl1
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 148 Posts

^ Bwahahahahaha holy ****. Bwahahahahahahaah. Maybe the OP is a fkn martian or something. I mean, I'm not gonna hate on the guy cus this stuff is pure comedy. But, if he ends up being right, wow. But anyhow, this thread has made my day.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:22 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Originally Posted by OnPoint

This has potential. I like the nose, although it could use a bit more aggressive styling - tho hard to tell what detail it has with the darkness.

The door cut itself needs dealt with

Like the overall shape and stance. Just needs moved more toward actual machine.

It is a little dark. Sorry about that. I'm working on a few designs in what spare time I have. I wish I had more time to refine it and make it easier to see. I have to tilt my laptop screen forward to see it clearly or put the image on my tv. The door and side scoop can be seen more clearly on the blue one.

I didn't really find a door cut that I liked for the back of the door at the angle the car is sitting. So I just left it out. Hahaha. I thought I would make it easy on the engineers and just have people get in like the Dukes of Hazzard. Some things would have to be dealt with in 3D form, hands on, looking at it in real life sitting in front of you. If it ever got to that stage. But maybe a traditional door cut wouldn't be good for this design. Some creative shapes could be made with overlapping panels. Possibly panels made of different materials.

I'll post a picture with the front end pieces highlighted. If they are visualized as separate pieces it becomes more aggressive looking. And the lower front spoiler could be active for high speeds and to retract up when going through a dip or over a speed bump.

Here's a pic with a possible cut for the back of the door.
Attached Images   
Old 09-05-2017, 01:53 AM
greenberetvette
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Awesome!

I think you did a awesome job on the C8 concept... It's beautiful! I agree with most posts on the new vette having to keep within a reasonable price range and still have that corvette look and feel that we all love. I own a 2014 C7...that was the first year for the C7 and I loved that look it had in the showroom, not that I didn't love my C6 427 I traded in for it but that new C7 look was startling then.. still is. Maybe the new C8 will be like yours...awesome, startling, beautiful whatever word you want to give it... I look forward to seeing it. Great job!
Old 09-05-2017, 03:37 PM
MSGE
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just jumped on the C8 portion to write something and got drawn into (pun? no pun) this thing here.

Aghhhh so... trolls will be trolling.

The image is kind of dark. Can't really see the whole side of car, but...

NOTE: This will not contain comments on OPs specific design other than that, I'm sorry, I did not even read whole post, but some of the comments I saw above sparked my attention.

A design for a vehicle is inherently limited. It's not like a coffee maker or a piece of furniture. Those devices have function, but little restraint.

When you talk about designing a vehicle (and the higher the performance, the more true this is) the conversation is really, really bound by the engineering end of the equation: weight, aero, potential weight placement.

With a vehicle like this, with the intentions of basically beating out the world, the limits of design shrink down to a glove tight fit. The engine is in the back (middle). The hood is low. The stance is wide. It's roughly wedge shaped, and basically as small as possible.

When you consider that we pretty much know the dimensions of the engine (it's not a four cylinder, no? lol), the design of any mid engine corvette will end up fitting within a few inches of possibility. And honestly, centimeters is probably more accurate.

When you consider the limitations of taste, and general design principles or sensibilities, that glove gets even tighter. The progression of technology and knowledge take away even more breathing room: Factors are already determined. You can't come up with a design that is a significantly different shape and have it perform at all, barring overturning technological milestones.

I gathered that OP may believe GM has borrowed some of his design? If that's the case, hats off man(or ma'am), bravo. But considering all design limitations, unless you are talking about a specific headlight/taillight shape, interior details or concepts, or graphics, or very very specific contours, then what you are seeing is a result of ideas naturally coming to a point. There's even a word for it.... ugh... what is it: convergance!

In discussions of evolutionary principles (even the evolution of car design I suppose), you will here the term. Under certain pressures (aerodynamics being a literal pressure), the shapes and characteristics of things tend to converge toward very efficient (and increasingly predictable) outcomes.

EG: the higher you go up a mountain, the less variation of lifeforms there are. A very specific example (can't remember species name or anything) involves two completely unrelated plants. Let's just call them Ferrari and Corvette, as that illustrates the point nicely. When scientists discovered Ferrari and Corvette, way up high in different parts of the world, they thought they were looking at the same plants. After looking deeper, they realized these plants were as unrelated as, well, Ferraris and Corvettes. But, they formed under the same biological pressures as each other, and adopted nearly identical features! (think low hood profile, wide stance, mid-engine etc).

This is visible at the highest levels of motorsport at times as well. I forget the exact year, but about a decade ago, British broadcasters did a test on Formula1 engineers. They took images of every f1 car in the paddock and white washed them in photoshop. THE ENGINEERS COULDN'T TELL WHICH CAR WAS THEIRS. The engineers!!!! (except the McLaren, it was noticeably different)

So to the OP: I hope you take all this into consideration. I've actually had a similar experience that was kind of spooky. I'm design oriented, always been a drawer. About a decade ago I made a sketch of what I thought would be the natural progression of the Honda CBR motorcycle. Lo and Behold, about four months later they released images of the new CBR 1000rr, and it was a dead ringer for my sketch! The proportions were spot on! It was awesome, I patted myself on the back knowing my design sense was doing the right things.

When I told my Dad, his first words were, "They stole your design!". I highlighted to him some of the key points I have here, and also that there's no way Honda looked in my notebook and turned it into a prototype in four months, and his response was a sensible, "yeah, that makes sense."

OP, I wish you the best. Hopefully Chevorlet is skimming these pages looking for the best ideas possible. And if they did borrow your ideas, YOU ROCK, take pride in looking at the final product once it's revealed!!!

(also, since you totes blasted your ideas into cyberspace, you gave them full legal justification for taking them, since they then become un-patentable according to US patent law [although GM would still no doubt patent them because money]).

Welp. That was way too much typing. Sorry to anybody who had to scroll past all that on the way to the next readable post.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:39 PM
MSGE
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy c()p. That ended up being a dissertation.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:14 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Originally Posted by OnPoint
I like the nose, although it could use a bit more aggressive styling - tho hard to tell what detail it has with the darkness.
I'll post a picture with the front end pieces highlighted. If they are visualized as separate pieces it becomes more aggressive looking. And the lower front spoiler could be active for high speeds and to retract up when going through a dip or over a speed bump.

Separate pieces outlined.
-
Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2017, 02:25 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Originally Posted by greenberetvette
I agree with most posts on the new vette having to keep within a reasonable price range and still have that corvette look and feel that we all love.

I tried to make this look like a Corvette. I think it does. It's not a perfect or complete design, it could use some improvements, but I like it.

The silver one and the blue one started out as a sketch from GM. I added a side scoop and made it a mid-engine. The black one started out as the grey Corvette Forum rendering.
Attached Images  
Old 12-06-2017, 03:35 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Fresh off my month long vacation (suspension, don't ask me why, ask CF, I'm not sure why) I'd like to post a few things here. Some things have happened while I was gone that I'd like to comment on, like the ZR-1. You don't have to be afraid of what I'll say. And I'd like to clear up a few things. But please, I must ask that no one respond to anything on this thread, for now. I don't want it to be closed. Let me catch up with everything that has been said already before anybody gives me more to respond to. Thank you. I might post a more refined, polished drawing of mine also.

I'm not going to be on here much longer. I'm working on some other things and everything that I came here to accomplish is finally happening now. Namely, getting GM to build a mid-engine Corvette.

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 12-08-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To C8 concept-What do you think?

Old 12-08-2017, 09:44 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

I posted pictures on the thread that was closed of all my modified images that I have posted online along with the originals. But it was edited by the moderator and condensed all in one post right next to each other. I'd like to make it clear which are my designs and which are the originals. So please indulge me moderator and let me post them in separate posts. These are the modified images.
Attached Images  
Old 12-08-2017, 09:45 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

These are the originals.
Attached Images  
Old 12-08-2017, 09:53 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

I want to make it clear that I'm not claiming any part of the original images. But everything that is different from the originals are my designs. For instance this one. The wheels and back-end and rear fender is not my design. But the door and side scoop is.
Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C8 concept-What do you think?