Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 concept-What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 10:12 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Just before my account was suspended I said that GM should jump in here and say thank you. I was attempting to stop what some accounts on here were saying. I noticed a couple recent threads that might be addressing that. I'm not sure, I just read the titles, one said thank you. I haven't opened or read anything specifically lately.

Someone mentioned that my drawings aren't as clear or crisp as other drawings made by professional illustrators. I didn't come here to compete with anyone. I came here to get GM to build a mid-engine Corvette and to try to push them to make it the best they can.

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 12-08-2017 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:42 AM
WKM
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

You are living in a dream world if you think you are responsible for GM building a ME car
The following 2 users liked this post by WKM:
OnPoint (12-08-2017), yz250fPilot (12-09-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 11:04 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

I have some more to say. Please let me respond to everything that has been said already before making new comments. I also would like to prevent this thread from being closed. Thank you.

Support me. Don't fight me. Join me to make future Corvettes the best they could be. Don't be scared, I know the way. Whether it's if there should be a mid-engine Corvette or not, or solving problems in the mid-east, Israel and the Palestinians, or North Korea. I know the way.

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 12-08-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:25 AM
WKM
Racer

Originally Posted by KrisColoradoLV
I have some more to say. Please let me respond to everything that has been said already before making new comments. I also would like to prevent this thread from being closed. Thank you.
You can say what ever you want, but when you start tooting your own horn people are going to reply quickly. If you hadn't made some of the comments you have people would never so negatively responded
Old 12-08-2017, 11:57 AM
Torquem
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

This is SOOO WEIRD
Old 12-08-2017, 11:58 AM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,432 Likes on 2,268 Posts

Originally Posted by WKM
You are living in a dream world if you think you are responsible for GM building a ME car

Full-on delusional indeed. There is absolutely zero of anything Kris or anybody else in here does on this board that is going to have any impact on a car the styling for which already is set, and the underlying engineering design was set in most part years ago.

At this point, with him persisting in this nonsense, I honestly can't tell if OP is just a troll, an extremely naive kid, or simply a fool.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:06 PM
WKM
Racer

Originally Posted by OnPoint
Full-on delusional indeed. There is absolutely zero of anything Kris or anybody else in here does on this board that is going to have any impact on a car the styling for which already is set, and the underlying engineering design was set in most part years ago.

At this point, with him persisting in this nonsense, I honestly can't tell if OP is just a troll, an extremely naive kid, or simply a fool.
All 3
The following users liked this post:
Rapid Fred (12-09-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 06:11 PM
CFHay
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

These are the originals.
MUCH prefer the originals.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:07 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,959 Likes on 1,210 Posts

What I think? I'm not feeling it. Hope GM does a better design.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:49 PM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

Yaaaaawwwwn.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:17 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Originally Posted by WKM
If you hadn't made some of the comments you have people would never so negatively responded

You've got that backwards. If people hadn't attacked me, I would have never had to fight back. Some people are still persistent in attacking me. It's getting very old and ridiculous. It has been for a long time. I think I was attacked on here because I criticized this. Then I was just defending my position and defending myself. But there's nothing wrong with criticizing this. I didn't want any future Corvette to look like it. It has some similarities with the ZR-1. Looking back now, that is probably why I was attacked so hard. Thankfully, the ZR-1 ended up better than this.

I also criticized some past products of GM. But they are a large company, they should be able to take criticism and respond accordingly. They have customer service reps. They have professional bloggers. They have image consultants. If someone criticizes a past product with the purpose of improving future products, they could have responded without damaging their image and without appearing negative. They could have said something like, yes we didn't always put our best foot forward but we will try to do better so as to satisfy our customers.
Attached Images  

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 12-11-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:35 PM
yz250fPilot
Pro

Received 581 Likes on 251 Posts

I think I was attacked on here because
You get "attacked" because your posts are so delusional and a waste of people's time.

Just go away, and post your lies elsewhere.

Please...
Old 12-11-2017, 05:54 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

Support me. Don't fight me. Join me to make future Corvettes the best they could be. Don't be scared, I know the way. Whether it's if there should be a mid-engine Corvette or not, or solving problems in the mid-east, Israel and the Palestinians, or North Korea. I know the way.
Kris
This is why forum members attach you. Your arrogance is beyond belief.

Most folks on this forum are very successful business people and would never be so arrogant to claims that you make.

Your comment are insults to the vast majority of fellow forum members.

Expecially coming from a guy who does not own a Corvette or any super car for that matter.

If you so smart and such a world class automotive designer how is it that your just some working stiff making arrogant claim yet you don't even own a Corvette.

Your arrogance is exactly why forum member attach you.

It's also why the mods gave you a vacation. But it's clear it did not sink in that it's not cool to insult other forum members or claim that you had anything to do with the C8 mid engine Corvette and or any of its design features.

FYI GM does not look to this forum for design advice or to determine future products they are considering producing.

Your a troll and nothing more nothing less.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:51 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

I think I'll go back to having a conversation with myself through cartoon characters. Maybe the persistently argumentative and negative people will give up if they are ignored. I still have hope for them. Come over from the dark side, people.

This is Trixie. The silver car she is talking about is the top left one of the modified image group. The green one from another thread is blue on this thread. It's next to the red Ferrari on page 6 here. Here is a more refined, polished version. Believe it or not, it started out as the yellow car below. I don't draw like most people, I sculpt. It didn't start from a blank piece of paper and I didn't use layers. I used the yellow car like a clump of clay. I think every line, angle, and proportion ended up different. The purple one below is at an intermediate stage.
Attached Images      
Old 12-11-2017, 06:54 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

I have some more to say.
I know the way.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:48 PM
MitchAlsup
Le Mans Master

Received 1,592 Likes on 784 Posts

I think I'll go back to having a conversation with myself through cartoon characters.
It is better to remain quiet and have people think you are a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:33 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

since you "sculpted" my old yeller, I thought I'd post my latest rendition of the camo car.

I noticed that the Venom F5 has similar form and what may be under the camo I thought I'd do a mod overlay using the proportions and "visible" lines we can make out so far.

The F5 is a bit extreme for a corvette. I think the mod is a slightly toned down version.

As usual...just for fun and conversation until GM actually gives us some meat !

Get notified of new replies

To C8 concept-What do you think?

Old 12-11-2017, 10:46 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
since you "sculpted" my old yeller, I thought I'd post my latest rendition of the camo car.

I noticed that the Venom F5 has similar form and what may be under the camo I thought I'd do a mod overlay using the proportions and "visible" lines we can make out so far.

The F5 is a bit extreme for a corvette. I think the mod is a slightly toned down version.

As usual...just for fun and conversation until GM actually gives us some meat !

1st Vett soon. Great job. Thanks for taking the time to share what the c8 may look like.

If this is close GM will have a home run on the hands!!
Old 12-11-2017, 11:00 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Huge props..the mid engine c8 is going to be awesome
Old 12-12-2017, 09:31 AM
WKM
Racer

I think I'll go back to having a conversation with myself through cartoon characters. Maybe the persistently argumentative and negative people will give up if they are ignored. I still have hope for them. Come over from the dark side, people.

This is Trixie. The silver car she is talking about is the top left one of the modified image group. The green one from another thread is blue on this thread. It's next to the red Ferrari on page 6 here. Here is a more refined, polished version. Believe it or not, it started out as the yellow car below. I don't draw like most people, I sculpt. It didn't start from a blank piece of paper and I didn't use layers. I used the yellow car like a clump of clay. I think every line, angle, and proportion ended up different. The purple one below is at an intermediate stage.
Your designs are the most amateurish drawing posted looks like something a kid would do in school instead of doing his lessons

Quick Reply: C8 concept-What do you think?