Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 cost

Old 05-22-2017, 09:27 AM
Murray Anderson
Team Owner

Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
Not to mention, their dealerships are going to be able to handle it better than Chevrolet dealerships.
Originally Posted by JustinStrife
I didnt say they would be able to handle it, just that they would do a better job than the chevrolet dealerships.

D
Old 05-23-2017, 06:09 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

I actually own a Cadillac and a corvette....

My Chevy dealer does a much better job at delivering excellence in service. I have at least 6 Chevy or Cadillac dealer service departments within a half an hour of me...

I take both my Cadillac and my corvette 100 miles and around two hours away for service at a Chevy dealer..

That's how much better the Chevy dealer is than the Cadillac dealer..

I think you guys are dreaming that Cadillac dealers offer better service....I think the leather in the waiting room is better and they offer donuts with their coffee....but other than that...my Chevy dealer service department crushes the local Cadillac dealers in my area...

Find the best and leave the rest.....

(Edit) I liked driving the pdk Porsche Boxster S and 911 but the cost of maintaince and repair just irked me...so I bailed on the idea of the German brand...I like the commonality of parts with the rest of GMs lineup....to keep long term running costs inexpensive...and I like the GM dealer service network..especially over the bend over German service and parts department pricing...

Last edited by JerriVette; 05-23-2017 at 06:12 AM.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:41 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

TWO HOURS each way?!?

No way no how would I be willing to do that.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:13 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
TWO HOURS each way?!?

No way no how would I be willing to do that.
I enjoy my life and I've found that waking up early and driving up the merit parkway as the sun is rising is a wonderful sports car experience.

Plus I'm a rock star when I arrive as they love that I respect their devotion to excellence and from a time perspective I'm in and out faster including the travel time than I would be if I went to one of the six local Chevy dealers I think half an hour from our of my home.

Plus it's a beautiful experience.

To me that is worth it.

I had a local Cadillac dealer that I bought four new GMC trucks and cadillacs from and when I went for that free recall on the key fob...they told me I had I believe 4 grand worth of repair work to be done...now this was two years ago...I decided I was going to get rid of the Cadillac and just get some new luxury cuv for my better half...

Made the deal and was ready to go...and the. I decided to have my guy order all the parts and I would keep the Cadillac for myself as a third vehicle...it was that mint of a car...awd, 300 hp sport suspension, largest stock rims etc....

Guess what ? I got up there and one by one my trusted and honest Chevy tech said...he had the parts on hand...and was prepared to install them in the car...but that none of the things my local Cadillac dealer had said I needed ....needed to be done...

Needless to say I didn't buy a cuv for my better half and I've never had a lick of trouble with my beautiful Cadillac...(although I did put a deposit since on that little awd electric tesla for the family as it's such a pretty little Aston Martin awd performance sedan that I believe will cost me around 60 large..

My wife doesn't want a Chevy bow tie and since it's a happy wife happy life scenario I'm getting the tesla as it becomes available...it ll serve her and for the love of god..,with a handicapped kid that autonomous mode will serve us..

I like or prefer to surround myself with technicians that are living proof that their are people who strive to deliver excellence. Real value is not perceived image or a badge but in my opinion...getting what you need done and paying an appropriate hourly rate...(half of the German hourly rate and god only know less than the Ferrari dealership hourly rate...not to mention parts cost differentials) I prefer to give my business to dealerships and business that earn my business and that I can trust to be honest...that's the way I always have done business and that's the long term way to be in business for many many years..

So when people tell me Cadillac is going to offer a better ownership or dealer experience than a "lowly" Chevy dealership...I laugh...

If you don't think the BMW or Porsche or better yet Ferrari or Maserati dealerships ar going to gouge out your eyes when your not looking...guess again...

I'll happily stick with a trusted and honest Chevy dealer who wants to deliver service excellence to its clientele...

Btw...the p
Ace to go for excellence is Jackson Chevy in Middletown Ct...

Pay for the excellence that you and I deserve...

Worth driving two hours up the merit which is a scenic and lovely sports car driving experience before the world wakes up...

I'm a morning person anyway...

I love the mornings

Last edited by JerriVette; 05-23-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C8 cost