C8 rendering - Page 4 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C8 General Discussion
The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it make take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 rendering

Old 07-20-2017, 04:55 PM   #61
KrisColoradoLV
CF Senior Member

Your car is lookin' pretty good at the bottom of page 3.
Got to go eat now. Got a couple positive comments and maybe something to think about. Later.

-

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 07-20-2017 at 05:45 PM.
KrisColoradoLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:16 PM   #62
truetifoso

For me, it's a tough choice between the yellow and red options. The shape of the latter looks a lot like a McLaren 720s.

truetifoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:18 PM   #63
5.7LSleeper

Ah ****, the TopSpeed.com concept is rear engine, I stand corrected. Probably just wishful thinking on my part, ha. It looks so much like GM's stingray concept, it had me thinking front engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisColoradoLV View Post
Your car is lookin' pretty good at the bottom of page 3.
Got to go eat now. Got a couple positive comments and maybe something to think about. Later.

-
I'm all ears. Especially with ideas for the rear end, because I really haven't come up with a solid idea for that yet. I'm deffinely changing the head fairings, amongst other things. Unfortunately I won't be able to work on in for 2-3 weeks due to my job moving, but it has given me plenty of time to come up with ideas.

Last edited by 5.7LSleeper; 07-20-2017 at 07:19 PM.
5.7LSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:44 PM   #64
alamo1974
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple heart View Post
I like the gray one, the middle photo!
alamo1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:12 PM   #65
firstvettesoon
CF Senior Member

Looks fantastic as a full blown exotic sports car and would no doubt be awesome...but can't see GM making this the new c8. Would be mega $ Maybe c11 !

Nice, simple, safe mid engine design... a bit boring. Don't think this is the way it will go.

C7 rearranged to be a mid engine. C7 progression but not far enough to be different enough to matter IMO. Says Corvette but not future.

The Hypersport mod looks ok from this angle but the Hypersport in other views is too extreme for Corvette IMO.

The Corvette Forum version is again, a nice C7 progression and "safe" enough. Of course CF followed the very limited info we have so far and used the mule images as reference to "guess" at what's under the camo. Checks the boxes but may not go far enough to differentiate between the C7 and C8 when they are both on the showroom floor at the same time.

My yellow version is an amalgam of all these concepts with the best features and proportions I think so far. I used the mule images to overlay the proportions to best guess so the size and overall shape is near what we have seen so far.

I Hope they keep the C8 "usable" and drive-able but they may not. I am hoping for "usable storage" Reasonable drive height for the street with maybe active lowering for race mode. Decent interior room and furnishings.

I placed my updated yellow version beside the other vetts of history to see the progression of the styling and feel it works pretty good. With some tweaking I think this may be close to what we get. The GM boys have commented that we should think American Ferrari...Of course the finishing and surfaces will change but if you squint...

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 07-20-2017 at 11:27 PM.
firstvettesoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 06:43 PM   #66
KrisColoradoLV
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.7LSleeper View Post
I'm all ears. Especially with ideas for the rear end, because I really haven't come up with a solid idea for that yet.

The big arching curve of the hood on your car, is quality. (bottom of page 3) I like the roadster look. The short windshield accentuates it. I like the proportions of a mid-engine car also. Maybe Corvette can show that they can do both of them the best. I see you improved on the design you are basing your car on with the line coming from the nose up over the wheel well.

Since you want to see curved reflections on the bodywork, I'm surprised you're using the door and rear fender of that design. Something like this red Stingray III Concept sketch might be more of what you are looking for. (I believe both of these are GM sketches. I like the red one.) It is your car though, your vision. I don't feel like I should tell you what to do.

You know it's dangerous uploading photos on here. I might start smudging them up and reposting them. Your car can get really good, very quickly. What are your plans for the car? Just one for you? Or do you want to get body panels mass produced as a body kit? I would be interested in getting involved with something like that. I already did some modifications of your photo. It looks very good. The front is especially good. I'd keep the head fairings, or some version thereof. How good do you want your car to look? It could be the baddest roadster on the road. It's worth producing and seeing it on the road. I'd help you.

There hasn't been much discussion on this thread about a front engine C8. Most has been about the mid-engine. I consider it a front engine because it's in front of the driver. I consider a car mid-engine when the engine is between the driver and the rear axle. That's my definition. Some people think differently. I don't know what the technical definition is.
Attached Images

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; Yesterday at 01:19 AM.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:04 PM   #67
cmonkey713
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennerman 1 View Post

3 renderings of the C8. Personally, I like the red one. Which do you like?
A
I love the black one in the middle.
cmonkey713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM   #68
OC Sadler
CF Senior Member

OK! We're doing renderings - we already DONE that!

OC Sadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM   #69
5.7LSleeper

Quote:
Since you want to see curved reflections on the bodywork, I'm surprised you're using the door and rear fender of that design. Something like this red Stingray III Concept sketch might be more of what you are looking for. (I believe both of these are GM sketches. I like the red one.) It is your car though, your vision. I don't feel like I should tell you what to do.
While I love the curves and hips on the Stingray III, I decided to go with the sharp belt line/fenders because of the C7 headlights I'm using. The headlight really dictates that sharp fender line. I did consider buying C6 headlights, but decided to go with the more "modern" C7 lights. The full curve on the side profile, below the belt line, has enough fullness to make me happy. I think with paint it will be enough to strike my fancy.

Quote:
You know it's dangerous uploading photos on here. I might start smudging them up and reposting them. Your car can get really good, very quickly. What are your plans for the car? Just one for you? Or do you want to get body panels mass produced as a body kit? I would be interested in getting involved with something like that. I already did some modifications of your photo. It looks very good. The front is especially good. I'd keep the head fairings, or some version thereof. How good do you want your car to look? It could be the baddest roadster on the road. It's worth producing and seeing it on the road. I'd help you.
Thanks for the kind words. I was definitely just hating on the use of the smudge tool, cause I thought you were just being a hater about my "full curves" comment :/ Feel free to post or PM me any renditions you come up with. The only for sure plans for the car are to make one for me to enjoy (and hopefully do some just for fun road racing), but time will tell where it goes from there. I would love to be able to sell some of these as a kit, if people want them. I will be making a mold for the body I'm going to lay up, so after that, it would be easy to produce more. (I am the fiberglass guy at a place that makes Cobra replicas from scratch, so I can handle the mold making and fiberglass. Obviously I've just never tried to design my own car before, so I'm new to that part of it.)

How good do I want it to look? I want it to be as wild and elegant as possible. I have all the time in the world to do it, haha. That's why I'm being patient and really mulling things over as I go along. I've always wanted input from computer based car designers, and it's finally getting to the point where I sort of have the general idea expressed.

One of my favorite amateur automotive designers would have to be 600V. He puts out some wild designs that really do it for me. I'm tempted to send some stuff to someone like that to see what they would do with it (Hence the reason I'm really open to input. It has sort of stagnated for me, and I want it to pop and excite me more again)... http://600v.deviantart.com/art/NFZ-295-GT-2-522758568 Of course there are many other designers I admire, that's just one example of someone with fresh ideas.
5.7LSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:16 PM   #70
KrisColoradoLV
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.7LSleeper View Post
Thanks for the kind words. I was definitely just hating on the use of the smudge tool, cause I thought you were just being a hater about my "full curves" comment :/ Feel free to post or PM me any renditions you come up with. The only for sure plans for the car are to make one for me to enjoy (and hopefully do some just for fun road racing), but time will tell where it goes from there. I would love to be able to sell some of these as a kit, if people want them.

How good do I want it to look? I want it to be as wild and elegant as possible.
I'm really open to input. It has sort of stagnated for me, and I want it to pop and excite me more again)...

Well, the modifications I made to it are definitely exciting. It's wild, but still elegant at the same time. It's too good to post here. Probably should get it copyrighted. I don't know much about that. There are several things on it that are very unique. I think after you see it, you will want to change the door and rocker panel some, and the rear. I have some good ideas that could be done with the back end that would actually be relatively easy to make a mold of. I'll contact you.
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • C8 rendering
  •