Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 rendering

Old 08-11-2017, 11:52 PM
yz250fPilot
Pro

Received 581 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by KrisColoradoLV
Well, the modifications I made to it are definitely exciting. It's wild, but still elegant at the same time. It's too good to post here. Probably should get it copyrighted.
You've proven over and over that you have absolutely zero talent, so good luck with your copyright.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:02 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

If you're an automobile enthusiast why would you want to suppress a design coming to life that someone would enjoy?

Probably another fake account. You don't want people interested in one-offs. That's more exciting than a production car. Are you a Corvette salesman? Don't tread on me to advance whatever your motives are.

I'll never look at Corvettes the same, or Corvette owners. You have soured it.

And you're not going to trick me into posting the design online to prove it. Yes, I could post my best designs online, and go work for a car company designing a Chevy Cavalier or something like that. I'm not going to sell my soul and live in the suppressed auto industry. Or even if it was for Lamborghini, I want more. Besides, Lamborghini wouldn't even produce some of the designs I have, at least not for at least 50 years. It would have to be a one-off. I like individualized cars. One-of-a-kind. ONE. I want somebody to have the only one like it on the road.

Edited later: The dude down there laughing is funny. Tempting to respond and keep this game going.
There's an appropriate saying. If people are trying to bring you down, it only means that you are above them.

I'm just trying to figure out why anybody would act like you people do. I don't know for sure. I'm not going to play along though.
-CrudeColorado

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 08-12-2017 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:09 AM
yz250fPilot
Pro

Received 581 Likes on 251 Posts

And you're not going to trick me into posting the design online to prove it.
You do not have any designs, or else you would have posted it a long time ago like other people have done with their real 3-D renderings.

Those people have real talent. Not only can they dream-up a design, they can expertly use a complicated 3-D tool to make it come to life.

You can do neither, since you are nothing more than talent-less hack who continues to misrepresent your so-called abilities.

"Smudge. Smudge. Smuuuudge! Oh look, I'm the greatest!" You are without a doubt one of the more pathetic Internet impostors who portrays themselves as something they are not in real life. It's sad, really.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:23 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Thanx guys for turning this tread into a dick measuring contest.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:34 AM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,309 Likes on 988 Posts

If I'm involved at all in this project, I would want to meet you and probably your employer first. I can't just give away really good designs to someone I've never met in person. And I would want at least one of the cars too.

-
With photoshop and a hack render

Old 08-13-2017, 03:03 AM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

"The one in the middle"

Now I know you're a fake account if you like that.

It's OK, I get it. Fake account lowering expectations. That way people will like the actual car more when it comes out. And people won't wait for it. They will still buy the C7.

-CrudeColorado
-
So because your an expert in automotive design that enables you to tell that I am a "fake account " because of my inability to design a car that I must not know what I like?

I still find the middle rendering to be absolutely a beautiful design and would gladly make space in my garage for this great looking Vett.

What year Corvette do you drive? It must be hard for you to drive around in a Corvette that as you say has dissapointed you for the last 4 generations of Corvette design?

Being your such a humble guy when it comes to your automotive design skills I would be interested in what mods you have made to customize your Corvette?

Please let me know what year you drive and what type of mods you have done to make it your One Off Vette as you stated that factory design as so restrained and behind the times. I cannot wait to here about your Corvette.The mods must look great with your automotive design expertise.

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Last edited by vetteman41960; 08-18-2017 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:40 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Aftermarket companies and custom builders should contact me. I have some good stuff that a lot of people would like.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:18 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Aftermarket companies and custom builders should contact me. I have some good stuff that a lot of people would like.
Kris
You still did not share with the rest of the forum members what year and model Corvette you drive.

I am ask because you made it clear that you feel that the past 4 generations of Corvette design have been behind the times and their design restricted.

If you're so dissatisfied with GM and Corvette then what car do you drive?

I personally think that the C7 Z06 is stunning design very modern and the most attractive Corvette since the generation 2 coupes. 67 being my personal favorite with the big block hood and stinger stripe.

I honestly don't see many cars that I would say are better designs than the C7 regardless of price.

You have been very open about your fantastic design skills and concern that GM or Ferrari would steal the design you have posted here.

That why I ask what you drive. I am sure your would not drive one of these poorly designed Corvette of the last 4 generation?

Well I feel good that with 35k C7 sold every year that I am not the only one that finds the C7 to be attractive.

As far as the rendering I have seen posted here I think the original one poster by a Forum user in Gray is gorgeous looking car. Even if that make me a fake account as you posted. I am not even sure what that means. Am I a computer or something other than a person with an opinion?

By the way I am Driving Corvette #10 2016 Callaway SC757 and I love the design and don't find it to be outdated or restrained.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:59 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

I obviously like Corvettes or I wouldn't be on here. I believe I have made some positive comments on here about every generation of Corvette. But I do feel that they have been holding back and not making the design as good as they could have. Mainly minor things that I have mentioned.

When I say it is restrained, that doesn't mean I don't like it, it just means they could have done better. For instance, I don't like the grill on the base model. Some people might like it though, and it's so low to the ground you don't even notice it in person. Maybe there is an easy option to get an upgrade for it, I don't know. Another example is the "plastic" back end. I think it's ok, but a lot of people don't seem to like it. Why not have two different rear fascia? Make everybody happy. Is that the job of the after-market? I'll design one.

When I was in my 20's I had a ZX-7 and a Twin-Turbo Stealth. That was my budget. Since I started designing my own cars, I kind of lost interest in production cars. So I have just been driving average cars.

My goal of building my own car has always been too far out of reach. Too expensive or time consuming for me to build. But the pieces might be coming together soon to get it done. I have some more practical designs now that wouldn't cost as much, in addition to some outrageous designs. Outrageous and wild in a good way. There is 3-D printing now. That's a possibility. If my drawings aren't exact enough for 3-D printing, there are professional illustrators and renderers that could be hired to help. Could also work with a professional clay modeler if I can't do it myself. I haven't tried to do a full scale clay model. I don't know if I could do it or not. I'll get there. With or without help.

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 08-24-2017 at 12:49 AM.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:47 PM
CFHay
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

lol.
Old 08-19-2017, 09:20 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CFHay
lol.
CYHay,
You must be one of those GM design team members trolling the Corvette forum to steal the designs from Kris.

After all Kris has seen that you have changed the windshield rake from the 1st spy shot to mimic the design of his drawing here on Corvette forum in just a few weeks since he published his award winning design.

He pegged me to as a GM design employee posting a fake account telling folks that I liked the Grey rendering of the C8 so that people will continue to buy the C7 and that when our GM design team finally releases our finished product folks will love it because it better than our grey design.

We are busted cats out of the bag!! Kris know we work for GM. Guess we have to try to finish the C8 without his expertise. He says he has great designs. To bad he figured us out. I was hoping to use some of his idea and then ask the boss for a raise!

Have a great weekend. See you in the design studio Monday so we can try to fix our design before it's to late!!

Last edited by vetteman41960; 08-19-2017 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:40 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

"Sorry to burst your bubble but you can not "push" Chevrolet into making something great" -firstvettesoon, 04-25-2017, 09:08 AM

-I believe I can. -KrisColorado
Attached Images    

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 08-24-2017 at 02:13 AM.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:39 AM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,309 Likes on 988 Posts

Kris...I gotta see some other designs of yours, stop holding out on us. No one is stealing anything and if they did, you'd have proof positive of your work here, predating the theft. You're just a quick bit of litigation threat from a profit share. No risk there bud, I have been in the business for 20+ yrs....you'll be ok. Let's see it.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:25 PM
LightningBolt
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by John6l6
I like the aggressive look of this concept.
The middle of the two cars in the OP looks like a C5 to me with fixed headlights.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:06 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T.
Kris...I gotta see some other designs of yours

There's no chance I'm putting my two best designs online here, or anywhere. They weren't designed as Corvettes anyway.

I've been working on those for years. I envisioned them being built by somebody like Floyd Mayweather or The Sultan of Brunei. They are too good to be built as a kit car. They should be built to the highest standards. Possibly Jay Leno could do it, like he did his Cadillac, except this would be a bigger project. Or they could be financed by the Discovery Channel on a television program, something like "The building of an American Supercar". Except we'd have to come up with another word for it, because they are beyond supercars and hypercars. That's what I'd like to do with those. I saw that the first McLaren F1 went for $16mil at auction recently. These would have to be conservatively priced at over $20mil then.

The front and back-end that I designed for 5.7LSleeper's car would be good for future Corvettes or a kit car. I don't know what to do with that design yet. I haven't put it online anywhere.

The designs that I have already put on this website are better than some people are making them out to be. (Maybe it's their way of motivating me to improve them [it did] or to get me to post some of my other designs online, I don't know) Maybe my illustrating skills aren't up to current standards, but the designs I posted here would look better than almost every car in production today if you were to actually see them in real life as an actual car. I like the tail lights I put on the latest spy photo of the Mid-Engine Corvette. In my opinion, that is the best shape for a tail light that I have ever seen. It's a modified version of the current Corvette tail lights.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:39 PM
senah
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 101 Posts

"Sorry to burst your bubble but you can not "push" Chevrolet into making something great" -firstvettesoon, 04-25-2017, 09:08 AM

-I believe I can. -KrisColorado
Kris, the midengine gm car (whatever it turns out to be) design is already chosen. should it receive a minor tweak or two, it will be from internal gm designers and not any even remotely external influence. these things require a loooong lead time to change. at this point, the dice are cast.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:22 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Originally Posted by senah
Kris, the midengine gm car (whatever it turns out to be) design is already chosen. should it receive a minor tweak or two, it will be from internal gm designers and not any even remotely external influence. these things require a loooong lead time to change. at this point, the dice are cast.

I disagree.

-

Get notified of new replies

To C8 rendering

Old 08-28-2017, 11:47 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Originally Posted by LightningBolt
I like the aggressive look of this concept.
The middle of the two cars in the OP looks like a C5 to me with fixed headlights.

I agree. I believe any future Corvette should have some aggressive lines. Sleek and curvy is good but in order to surpass expectations it needs to have aggressive lines and stance. Especially the mid-engine. Wide, low, growling exhaust... Something that will make people say, "look at that!!" Not just, "those are some nice lines." The car on the third row down has some nice aggressive lines on the back-end. The one left of the number 323. I think all of these are GM sketches.
Attached Images  

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 08-28-2017 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:49 PM
MikeG37
Drifting

Received 756 Likes on 351 Posts

Those are GM sketches.. when the C7 was in its beginning design phase. You can see design cues in most of them that carried on to what we have today. Sketches like these are wildly impractical, they just set a theme(s).
Old 09-01-2017, 12:15 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Any one of those designs or anything that I have put on here could easily be made into an actual car. That's what machinists and engineers do. Everybody on here must not have too much faith in engineers. Just look at what engineers have made in aerospace, the military, and construction. People on here act like it's impossible to make a body panel. It's funny.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C8 rendering