Lets All Take a Deep Breath and First Define What the Goal is for the Next Generation - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C8 General Discussion
The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it make take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets All Take a Deep Breath and First Define What the Goal is for the Next Generation

Old 08-05-2017, 04:56 PM   #21
NemesisC5
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

From GM Racing perspective an ME platform will give an incremental edge over the current FE platform that GM will eventually need to stay at the top of the class. The GTLM class RSR Porsches are now ME opposed to rear engine, Porsche racing doesn't do anything that data does not support. With that said I believe the C8 will continue as front engine with as close to 50/50 weight as they can achieve along with upgraded technology and active aero on the top model.

The ME /Zora ? whatever .. will be priced above the sweet spot for traditional Corvette demographic sales numbers and if the business case does not support an increase in profitability of the Corvette line there is no case to exist. A good case can be made for ME car leveraging technology to a higher degree along with higher price point manufactured alongside the C8 similar to what Ford is doing with GT...although GM ME I would expect to MSRP around $135k-$150k produced in limited numbers and certainly raced in GTLM.
NemesisC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 04:38 PM   #22
NORTY
CF Senior Member

Unfortunately, GM will sell as many as they can, for whatever the market will pay, to as many customers as possible, so they will not be exclusive at all.
NORTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:24 PM   #23
b4i4getit
CF Senior Member

Nobody here has any idea of the goal for the next generation Corvette. It has always been an aspirational product and it lives and dies by how close projected sales match actual sales. As long as these numbers are close the product lives. When they diverge too much for an extended period of time it goes on life support, funding is cut and the product withers and dies.
b4i4getit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:21 PM   #24
KrisColoradoLV
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjolitor 68 View Post
I for instance want a stripped out version close to full race w lots of noise and attitude.
I want this in a modern mid engine form

I think you would like the modifications I made to this clay mockup car. I don't know what to do with the design though. It could be mid or front engine. It might have to wait till I accumulate enough money to build it.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ndering-4.html

I saw the things you are working on. Looking good.

-
KrisColoradoLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Lets All Take a Deep Breath and First Define What the Goal is for the Next Generation
  •