Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Spy Photos Show C8 Mid Engine Corvette as Engineers Scramble to Cover it

Old 10-28-2017, 08:34 AM
WKM
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by KrisColoradoLV
This sketch below might have had a little influence on him. But I'm not going to get on him too hard for that. It demonstrates an idea. He's a better illustrator than I am. I haven't read all of the latest comments on here yet, so I don't know if he was trying to use my sketch to improve his drawing or not.
Somebody spilled some purple crap on the bottom of firstvetts design
The following users liked this post:
VETTE-NV (10-28-2017)
Old 10-28-2017, 10:31 AM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by KrisColoradoLV
This sketch below might have had a little influence on him. But I'm not going to get on him too hard for that. It demonstrates an idea. He's a better illustrator than I am. I haven't read all of the latest comments on here yet, so I don't know if he was trying to use my sketch to improve his drawing or not.
Kris
it's safe to say nothing you have posted influenced his or anyone else design here or anywhere else.

His comment that the editors called and you had no comment was sarcasm for goodness sakes!

I have had the opportunity to seeing all your designs posted on the C8 forum.

I don't recall seeing this purple design before today.

If this is the 1st time you posted the purple design how is it that you think it influenced anything anyone else here has posted?

Firstvettesoon has given us the 1st professional design ideas I have seen posted by a forum member that looks like a REAL car designer would be capable of.

That is with the exception of what the Grey rendering looked like BEFORE you smudged and stretched it and change its color to blue and made it look like a cartoon car.

It's time to stop embarrassing yourself by posting these smudge and darkened drawing that you have taking from someone else and call it your design or for that matter a design at all.

I really appreciate that firstvettesoon has taking the time to share his ideas.

I also appreciate that he was QUICK to point out that he is not a professional car designer and that he used someone else work and with a GREAT degree of professionalism PS some FUN professional rendering with great amounts of detail.

Keep them coming firstvettesoon your work is exciting and entertaining and I look forward to more of your ideas!!!

As said before you are really good at these renderings and everyone appreciates how modest you are when folks provide a compliment.

Kris you could learn a thing or two from him. Also your work would be much more accepted if you did not make outrageous claims to be some great car designer and just admit your an amateur who is using a smudge tool and just trying to have a little fun in the process.

Kris no one here thinks for one minute your capable of doing professional designs or capable of having produce as you claim to be some of the world greatest designs.

Kris post your stuff for fun. No one is stealing anyone ideas or designs.

The world is not one big conspiracy with spys lurking around Corvette Forum hoping to stumble across someone else design ideas.

It's just a place for Corvette enthusiasts to hang out and share our thought and hopes and dreams about our favorite car and what its may look like and what features it may have.
Nothing more nothing less.

Pure entertainment to have fun and forget all this idea of being a great designer. Please!!!!!

Last edited by vetteman41960; 10-28-2017 at 10:41 AM.
VETTE-NV (10-28-2017)
Old 10-28-2017, 10:49 AM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by sunsalem
Probably not...but I might be lusting after it though.
Heh. I may want it but at my age it really becomes an issue of do I really want it. Every day it gets harder to get into and out of the Z. And it's not lowered. First one I've not done so.
JerriVette (10-28-2017)
Old 10-28-2017, 11:20 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
Heh. I may want it but at my age it really becomes an issue of do I really want it. Every day it gets harder to get into and out of the Z. And it's not lowered. First one I've not done so.
Same here.
Lately it has become obvious to me my track times are getting longer.
It's frustrating and a little depressing, but it is what it is.
Hard to accept in some ways...reality can be a bitch at times.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:09 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Join the club... we are doing the best we can to stay young....

I can't wait to own one of these low slung great handling rear mid engine supercars..

I hope it keeps its truck based ohv engines as they are so powerful, lightweight ,durable, compact and inexpensive to maintain.

That's a corvette tradition I hope stays intact with this rear mid engine supercar.

Let Cadillac have a twin turbo Dohc engine for the eurosnobs...

I would like a dct though to replace my 40 years of driving manuals..

Jmo

Last edited by JerriVette; 10-28-2017 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:26 PM
TripleBlack99
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran
Those who are convinced the ME reveal will be sooner rather than later, consider that for the C7...

...we had the Jalopnik rendering in December, 2011...

...spy photos of the C7 in the wild with full camo as early as January, 2012 (and maybe earlier but I got tired of searching LOL)...

...GM press teasers that the C7 would be revealed on 1.13.13 that started being released on October 18, 2012.
factory tours wont resume until january 2019. do you think this is also evidence that the reveal will be in January 2019? it seems like it to me, unfortunately.
jagamajajaran (10-29-2017)
Old 10-28-2017, 04:45 PM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,139 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleBlack99
factory tours wont resume until january 2019. do you think this is also evidence that the reveal will be in January 2019? it seems like it to me, unfortunately.
Most likely it will be January of 2019. There's still a chance it's a Cadillac and they show a "concept" car at Pebble Beach or some other venue before 2019.

I'm shooting a corporate event for Chevy starting tomorrow at SEMA. Might be interesting.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:44 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
Most likely it will be January of 2019. There's still a chance it's a Cadillac and they show a "concept" car at Pebble Beach or some other venue before 2019.

I'm shooting a corporate event for Chevy starting tomorrow at SEMA. Might be interesting.
Hmmm. Wine and dine some big whigs my friend. With the emphasis on wine!

Ask to see their kids or grandkids pictures… Maybe a few surprise "spy" images on their phone ! You know.
VETTE-NV (10-29-2017)
Old 10-28-2017, 06:13 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by JHrinsin

As far as styling (always a point of personal taste and contention) of the C7 is concerned, it has never been my favorite. I think Kirk Bennion and crew gave us a design that is simply too edgy, too chiseled, details that are too busy and overdone, with elements that were not very well blended - function over form and almost as if there were "too many cooks in the kitchen". Because I am more old school I suppose, I much prefer the smoother, simpler and dare I say more elegant lines of the C6. I believe Tom Peters and crew took what John Cafaro and crew started with in the C5 and gave us a true future classic in the C6. As always YMMV.
Interesting design comments. Having owned all generations here are some thoughts on the subject:
John Cafaro’s original C5 design was spoiled by two things: 1) the requirement to have a spare tire under the trunk floor required outboard mufflers and the whole rear to be excessively large (then the tire was deleted anyway but the wasted space remained), and 2) the very low cowl would have looked great with a proportional windshield but it ended up with an overly tall windshield to comfortably accommodate 6’5” drivers.
Tom Peters’ C6 improved on those proportions and it’s beautiful from the side view, appears Maranello-inspired. But below the shapely hood and headlights the bland open slot for a grille spoils the front view.
Kirk Bennion’s C7 design has outstanding shapes in front and side views but the lower rear bumper area is too complex, not pretty no matter what color you paint it. But the C7 coupe’s roof and window area is truly beautiful, so much better than the ungainly C5-C6 basket handle that dates back to 1978.

It will be a challenge for the GM Design team to deal with the ME car’s long door-to-rear wheel length and still have appealing proportions. It will definitely be BIG for a two seater but hopefully a knockout. Can’t wait!
Old 10-28-2017, 08:50 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Originally Posted by ZL-1
Interesting design comments. Having owned all generations here are some thoughts on the subject:
John Cafaro’s original C5 design was spoiled by two things: 1) the requirement to have a spare tire under the trunk floor required outboard mufflers and the whole rear to be excessively large (then the tire was deleted anyway but the wasted space remained), and 2) the very low cowl would have looked great with a proportional windshield but it ended up with an overly tall windshield to comfortably accommodate 6’5” drivers.
Tom Peters’ C6 improved on those proportions and it’s beautiful from the side view, appears Maranello-inspired. But below the shapely hood and headlights the bland open slot for a grille spoils the front view.
Kirk Bennion’s C7 design has outstanding shapes in front and side views but the lower rear bumper area is too complex, not pretty no matter what color you paint it. But the C7 coupe’s roof and window area is truly beautiful, so much better than the ungainly C5-C6 basket handle that dates back to 1978.

It will be a challenge for the GM Design team to deal with the ME car’s long door-to-rear wheel length and still have appealing proportions. It will definitely be BIG for a two seater but hopefully a knockout. Can’t wait!

Interesting insights on c5, c6 and c7.

I don't understand the comments on the c8 rear mid engine.

Lamborghini huracan, Ferrari 488 and mclaren 675 spyder all seem quite proportionally fit.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:48 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by JerriVette
Join the club... we are doing the best we can to stay young....

I can't wait to own one of these low slung great handling rear mid engine supercars..

I hope it keeps its truck based ohv engines as they are so powerful, lightweight ,durable, compact and inexpensive to maintain.

That's a corvette tradition I hope stays intact with this rear mid engine supercar.

Let Cadillac have a twin turbo Dohc engine for the eurosnobs...

I would like a dct though to replace my 40 years of driving manuals..

Jmo
For me, money isn't the issue. It is my lower back. All those years riding enduro bikes and competition ski jumping in my youth are starting coming back to haunt me in my 70's. If it come to an end, so be it. I've had 14 Corvettes over the years. Loved every minuet of it.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:28 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

For me, money isn't the issue. It is my lower back. All those years riding enduro bikes and competition ski jumping in my youth are starting coming back to haunt me in my 70's. If it come to an end, so be it. I've had 14 Corvettes over the years. Loved every minuet of it.
I never said money was an issue either..

I spend more a month on a gym and a trainer than most do on their new corvettes..being fit and healthy and without pain makes a beautiful trainer a very smart way to go, around here I chose lifetime fitness health clubs ...look them. Up...if they are in your area it would be a smart move. NO sense having a hot car if your body is breaking down. Today 70s is young...my neighbors 88 and has a beautiful 64 vette...both knees replaced etc...we were talking the other day and he was telling me about his Mercedes Sl and I asked if he leased or purchased it...he thinks for a moment and said he purchased it but the next one he thinks might be a better idea to lease....we laughed pretty loudly together,,

I seriously recommend a young beautiful trainer to help you train and help your Back issues...it'll keep you young...build up surrounding muscles to decrease your pain....and then it ll only be your muscles that are sore getting in and out of the corvette..

Best of luck and consider my suggestion over the inter web....us old folks (kidding) got to stick together.

Last edited by JerriVette; 10-29-2017 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:54 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,139 Likes on 540 Posts

I never said money was an issue either..

I spend more a month on a gym and a trainer than most do on their new corvettes..being fit and healthy and without pain makes a beautiful trainer a very smart way to go, around here I chose lifetime fitness health clubs ...look them. Up...if they are in your area it would be a smart move. NO sense having a hot car if your body is breaking down. Today 70s is young...my neighbors 88 and has a beautiful 64 vette...both knees replaced etc...we were talking the other day and he was telling me about his Mercedes Sl and I asked if he leased or purchased it...he thinks for a moment and said he purchased it but the next one he thinks might be a better idea to lease....we laughed pretty loudly together,,

I seriously recommend a young beautiful trainer to help you train and help your Back issues...it'll keep you young...build up surrounding muscles to decrease your pain....and then it ll only be your muscles that are sore getting in and out of the corvette..

Best of luck and consider my suggestion over the inter web....us old folks (kidding) got to stick together.
It’s really great to hear some older Corvette owners with some youthful,positive attitudes....Unlike a certain angry, negative guy who is now in band camp.

I too have to spend more than two hours a day at the gym for my job. It’s always a losing battle fighting father time but I’m doing my best to make the future more livable. Quality of life is everything.
JerriVette (10-29-2017)
Old 10-29-2017, 12:39 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

I seriously recommend a young beautiful trainer to help you train and help your Back issues...it'll keep you young.
Forget that...I just wish I knew a good vampire.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:04 PM
f-16pilotTX
Racer

Received 274 Likes on 107 Posts

Lol, this is such a heartwarming thread! Keep it up 👍🏽

On another note, I think everyone, including myself....is waiting for another firstvettesoon rendering with new front end pieces
WKM (10-29-2017)
Old 10-29-2017, 02:26 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by f-16pilotTX
Lol, this is such a heartwarming thread! Keep it up 👍🏽

On another note, I think everyone, including myself....is waiting for another firstvettesoon rendering with new front end pieces
I'll work on it.

Keep me posted on the HOT vampire...it is Halloween after all.
elegant (10-29-2017)
Old 10-29-2017, 05:13 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

here's a quick overlay borrowing from other forum renders and spypics and MEs...

I tried to incorporate the spy nose.

As this is just a mash-up the details are not very crisp but you can get an idea. If I get more time, maybe I'll try and clean it up.

The proportions and overall shapes fit. Kinda looks Corvette-ish

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 10-29-2017 at 05:14 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To New Spy Photos Show C8 Mid Engine Corvette as Engineers Scramble to Cover it

Old 10-29-2017, 05:22 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Wow, the front looks just like a family-resemblance Corvette. Thanks firstvettesoon!

GM would be very proud of your initial rendering of the ME’s side view combined with the front of your new front end view. Any chance you later have time to meld the two please?

Where’s the contract for me to purchase one of those...

Last edited by elegant; 10-29-2017 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:53 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

race day...

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 10-29-2017 at 08:10 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by firstvettesoon:
elegant (10-29-2017), MikeyTX (10-29-2017)
Old 10-29-2017, 07:55 PM
WKM
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

That is a good looking car! Go ahead and let the top down for me so I can feel the wind in my hair

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Spy Photos Show C8 Mid Engine Corvette as Engineers Scramble to Cover it