Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Spy Photos Show C8 Mid Engine Corvette as Engineers Scramble to Cover it

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 08:20 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by WKM
That is a good looking car! Go ahead and let the top down for me so I can feel the wind in my hair
This car may rip the hair out of your head from the wind shear !
Old 10-29-2017, 08:23 PM
WKM
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
This car may rip the hair out of your head from the wind shear !
Well I'd like to try it. It has survived my C5 and C6 and for me they have to have a convertible version, but I do enjoy looking at your designs.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:54 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteman41960
I don't recall seeing this purple design before today.

I posted many versions of that design in many colors. I think you know that. Red, green, light blue, dark blue. I'm pretty sure purple. It's possible I had the purple one up and edited it later with another version. I'd have to look.

You want me to play along with this storyline like a fake politician in a staged debate for the public?
Attached Images  
Old 10-30-2017, 02:05 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Remember this comparison? Somebody called my drawings crude, so I just called myself Crude. I was showing that I would like the top of the door to curve up instead of down like a Ferrari.
Attached Images  
Old 10-30-2017, 02:20 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

You couldn't have forgotten about Trixie, vetteman41960. The green one she was talking about was the same crude, smudging design as the light blue one and the purple one.
Attached Images  
Old 10-30-2017, 02:49 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

I like firstvettesoon's drawing. I don't think he's an amateur though. I'm the amateur. Meaning I am self taught and this is not my job. He said he was an industrial designer, that could include transportation design.

But I think the rear-end and the taillights of his rendering could use some modernization. And of course the front end is a McLaren. I don't know if that has been said yet. I haven't read everything on this thread.

I'm done arguing over petty stuff though. I know it can be entertaining sometimes, but some people on here might actually like to talk about design.
Attached Images  
Old 10-30-2017, 03:43 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

I like that he put a curve in the door like my sketch. But I would like to critique it some. Oh, and by the way, I don't mind criticism, I dish out a lot myself. Mine is not meant to harm, though. What I don't like, is fake criticism meant to suppress or demean. Mine is meant to improve things. I looked for a quote about that. Artists that can never offend anyone can never delight anyone either. At risk of offending some Corvette owners, let me sneak this in here right now. The interior of future Corvettes. I think more people would like it to be a little less like the C5 and C6 and more like the C7, except a little more simplified but with a fighter pilot look.

Back to the curve in the door. Even though my sketch up there is crude, the door has a more sculpted look. Maybe I should try to make it a little better. I don't like the way the curved line of the gold colored drawing intersects the distinctive Corvette looking slit just behind the front wheel. If the line intersects it, it makes the door panel look like it was just one of a million stamped out in an assembly line. A more sculpted look would have more lasting power. It won't look dated after just a few years off the assembly line. I would like to see future Corvettes become great modern classics like the first few generations are. To do this, those design inhibiting corporate and budget people at GM will have to give the designers some room to make something truly great.

I like the big side intake of the gold drawing. If possible, I would like the side intake of the mid-engine Corvette to lean forward though. If done right, it might look better. But to me, big is more important than the direction it leans. So if you don't make it lean forward, at least make it big.

I would appreciate it if people would stop saying that I pass off other people's designs as my own. If you look throughout these threads, I have always shown the original drawing along with my modified version. In fact, I believe every drawing that I have posted online started out as an existing drawing from someone else. Sometimes it is just the door that I changed, sometimes there is almost nothing left of the original drawing. I don't think that is a bad thing. I said where I got the drawing from.

I believe these are all of the designs I have put online. Except the purple/green/light blue, crudely smudged drawing above. The top left one is the silver one that Trixie was talking about.

These are the originals.

I like these taillights. Not because I drew it. I just think they look good. They are a modern or futuristic interpretation of the C7 taillights.

The car in the center below is another BMW concept car. No, I didn't copy it to make the taillights of my drawing on the left. And I didn't use the idea of its three-dimensional headlight on top of the body to use on my Cadillac drawing on the right either. Both the left and the right drawings of mine were posted online before this BMW concept car below in the center was introduced to the public.

If it's difficult for some to imagine from my drawings what it would look like in real life on an actual car, it would look very similar to this recently introduced concept car.

I have more to say. It will have to wait for another time. Just know that I'm on your side, Corvette fans.
Attached Images      

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 10-31-2017 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 10-30-2017, 08:28 AM
WKM
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by KrisColoradoLV
Remember this comparison? Somebody called my drawings crude, so I just called myself Crude. I was showing that I would like the top of the door to curve up instead of down like a Ferrari.
That sure is a bad door gap
Old 10-30-2017, 08:30 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Is this the kris Colorado show?

Good work
The following users liked this post:
DebRedZR1 (10-30-2017)
Old 10-30-2017, 08:55 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,622 Likes on 1,741 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Some of you have wasaaaay to much time on your hands ��
Old 10-30-2017, 11:32 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

I posted many versions of that design in many colors. I think you know that. Red, green, light blue, dark blue. I'm pretty sure purple. It's possible I had the purple one up and edited it later with another version. I'd have to look.

You want me to play along with this storyline like a fake politician in a staged debate for the public?
Kris sorry but you lost me with the last sentence?

I am sure that is has some meaning relative to these post but I am kinda slow so it escapes me?

Rather than reply please just work on your world best designs so someday we can all witness your brilliance.

Krid thanks for playing!!! Still waiting for you to post something that is comparable to what firstvettesoon has posted in recent days. Actual renderings that are clear and show details rather than simply blacking out areas so no detail can be seen.

Now firstvettesoon PLEASE keep your exciting and fun designs coming. Many of us really enjoyed what you have done and appreciate you putting in the time and efforts to entertain your fellow Corvette enthusiasts!!!
Old 10-31-2017, 01:44 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

I would actually like to meet whoever is posting things under that account. I highly doubt it is a real person. It is probably a fictitious, made up account that GM uses to post images. Are you ever in Colorado or Vegas firstvettesoon? I'd like to meet you. Tell us your name and where you work.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:53 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,141 Likes on 540 Posts

I would actually like to meet whoever is posting things under that account. I highly doubt it is a real person. It is probably a fictitious, made up account that GM uses to post images. Are you ever in Colorado or Vegas firstvettesoon? I'd like to meet you. Tell us your name and where you work.
Seriously?

Old 10-31-2017, 01:56 AM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Kris
Why would you doubt firstvettesoon authenticity?

What make you think that he is somehow connected to GM?

He has been posting on many treads in the C8 section just like many of us who are Corvette enthusiasts.

He also is very talented when it comes to putting together renderings to share with his fellow forum members.

I look forward to more of his excellent work and very creative ideas.

That's all we have as GM is in no hurry to share what is coming down the pipe with the mid engine C8.

I and many other look forward to seeing his ideas and renderings of what he think the Rear mid engine may look like.

He is not trying to influence GM or anyone designs he is offering his ideaa on what he thinks GM has already designed.

Plus he does a great job providing fun and entertaining rendering and post.

I for one look forward to his next rendering!!!
Old 10-31-2017, 02:08 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by WKM
Well I'd like to try it. It has survived my C5 and C6 and for me they have to have a convertible version, but I do enjoy looking at your designs.
here is a convert with a rear vent like the 488. I think we can see something under the camo in that area so there may be a vent of some kind there.

Fun stuff...

The following users liked this post:
WKM (10-31-2017)
Old 10-31-2017, 02:12 AM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Kris
How do we know your a real person? Many of us still believe your a young kid possible preteen trolling on an adult car forum website.

Just a kid with nothing better to do than make outrageous claims and never really offer anything of value to guys and gals who actually own Corvette.

So I guess we could ask the same of you. I have only challenged you here on these forum because you make outrageous claims that your a fantastic car designer. I have asked you to proffered it by posting a original rendering that you claim are some of the best in the world. Yet you posted nothing that comes close to looking professional or original.

My guess is your 12 years old and just trolling a bunch of old guys on this forum.

I am done with you and your immature comments and criticisms of the members of this forum.

If your not 12 you sure have a lot of maturing to do!!
Old 10-31-2017, 02:12 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Originally Posted by vetteman41960
He is not trying to influence GM or anyone designs he is offering his ideaa on what he thinks GM has already designed.

I'm trying to influence them and push them to make something great. A car that will become a great classic.

Get notified of new replies

To New Spy Photos Show C8 Mid Engine Corvette as Engineers Scramble to Cover it

Old 10-31-2017, 02:17 AM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
here is a convert with a rear vent like the 488. I think we can see something under the camo in that area so there may be a vent of some kind there.

Fun stuff...

Great work. If it looks anything close to what you have rendered GM won't be able to build them fast enough!!

Thanks very much for sharing!!!
Old 10-31-2017, 02:18 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

"My name... José Jiménez" I am an Astronaut...

I told you a while back that I had a cousin in Colorado and hoped you were not him !

We are just having fun speculating Kris. The C8 is a done deal. Start working on the C13. Patent your designs and then you can submit to GM safely.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:21 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Hello??? Is there a real person there?

Quick Reply: New Spy Photos Show C8 Mid Engine Corvette as Engineers Scramble to Cover it