Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 Engine Options

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 08:07 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
No, Joe. What you implied is that the hood line on the AMG is lower than the C7 Z06 because the Z06 has a supercharger. LT1Z51 said that he's seen the cars side by side and the AMG's hood line is higher. I'm hip that being obstinate is your deal, but you know full well what he was talking about so if you want to make the claim, YOU need to back it up. If not, then we'll put YOU into the "I don't know what the **** I'm talking about", and add it to your never ending, amazingly boring litany of C7 bashing. I'm truly amazed you've never been given a vacation to think about it.

BTW, bringing a C2 verses C6 ROOF height into the discussion was genius....if you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance....
With all the talented guys and gals on the Corvette forum cannot someone hack JoeC5's computer so that every time he logs into Corvette forum for C7 or C8 it redirects him to the Mercedes Benz forum??

If I have to here one more comment from JOE5 about a MB GT R or how much a 09 Z06 weighs I am going to seriously consider to pick up drinking adult beverage or start smoking something illegal. Lol
The following users liked this post:
LT1 Z51 (09-01-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 08:12 PM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

you guys/girls,should google,

''mercury marine'' DOHC chevy,they are already building a LS-type engine with DOHC heads and [have been for 5-6 years],they even showed running streetrods at SEMA this and last year,
these are the people that built the 90's ZR1 corvette engines,and foundered some parts,they can run a small engine program way better then GM can,so start looking at them for the new engines
Old 08-31-2017, 08:27 PM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500

''mercury marine'' DOHC chevy,they are already building a LS-type engine with DOHC heads and [have been for 5-6 years],they even showed running streetrods at SEMA this and last year,
these are the people that built the 90's ZR1 corvette engines,and foundered some parts,they can run a small engine program way better then GM can,so start looking at them for the new engines
I hope so

I have an old LSV LPE c4 ZR-1 with 100k miles and it pulls like new

you could do worse the the boat motors
Old 08-31-2017, 09:13 PM
LAPII
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

What he said
Old 08-31-2017, 09:43 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 921 Likes on 614 Posts

Expect something like that in the Mid-Engine.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:58 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

No, Joe. What you implied is that the hood line on the AMG is lower than the C7 Z06 because the Z06 has a supercharger. LT1Z51 said that he's seen the cars side by side and the AMG's hood line is higher. I'm hip that being obstinate is your deal, but you know full well what he was talking about so if you want to make the claim, YOU need to back it up. If not, then we'll put YOU into the "I don't know what the **** I'm talking about", and add it to your never ending, amazingly boring litany of C7 bashing. I'm truly amazed you've never been given a vacation to think about it.

BTW, bringing a C2 verses C6 ROOF height into the discussion was genius....if you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance....
If he hasn't measured the hood height on both cars, then he doesn't know. Just looking at the two is inconclusive.

I checked my local Mercedes dealer and he doesn't have an AMG GT in stock, so I can't measure the hood height. I can measure the C7Z06 hood height, though.

I said the C7 Z06 got a taller hood vs the base C7 Stingray. Are you arguing that it didn't?

The AMG GT has a DOHC V8 with twin turbo's. It doesn't have a raised hood.

He claims to see "measurements" without actually measuring. I asked him what the hood height is of the AMG GT and the C7 Z06. He said the hood was higher on the GT vs the C7 Z06, so it's up to him to prove what he said, not, me , as I didn't say that it wasn't.

I said the AMG got a DOHC V8 with twin turbo's and they didn't have to raise the height of the hood like GM had to with the C7 Z06.

How can he claim the hood is higher on the AMG GT if he has no measurements. Eyeballing??????? LOL

I brought up the difference between C2 and a C6 as I can measure both(and I have). I don't have to eyeball. I want him to eyeball both the C2 and the C6, like he did the AMG Gt and the C7 Z06 and tell me the hood heights of both the C2 and the C6. Then I'll know how accurate his "eyeballing" is, since he can't measure anything.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:38 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JoesC5
If he hasn't measured the hood height on both cars, then he doesn't know. Just looking at the two is inconclusive.

I checked my local Mercedes dealer and he doesn't have an AMG GT in stock, so I can't measure the hood height. I can measure the C7Z06 hood height, though.

I said the C7 Z06 got a taller hood vs the base C7 Stingray. Are you arguing that it didn't?

The AMG GT has a DOHC V8 with twin turbo's. It doesn't have a raised hood.

He claims to see "measurements" without actually measuring. I asked him what the hood height is of the AMG GT and the C7 Z06. He said the hood was higher on the GT vs the C7 Z06, so it's up to him to prove what he said, not, me , as I didn't say that it wasn't.

I said the AMG got a DOHC V8 with twin turbo's and they didn't have to raise the height of the hood like GM had to with the C7 Z06.

How can he claim the hood is higher on the AMG GT if he has no measurements. Eyeballing??????? LOL

I brought up the difference between C2 and a C6 as I can measure both(and I have). I don't have to eyeball. I want him to eyeball both the C2 and the C6, like he did the AMG Gt and the C7 Z06 and tell me the hood heights of both the C2 and the C6. Then I'll know how accurate his "eyeballing" is, since he can't measure anything.
Joe what you fail to grasp is this is a Corvette forum and no one gives a crap about the MB GT R except you.

Your bullshit day in and day out truly is has gotten old and tiring.

I come to this forum to discuss the upcoming C8 and Mid rear GM platform. Not to here your continuing bullshit about a C6Z that is old news or about your 3 Corvettes and your daily C class MB driver that is no better than a Chevrolet Impala.

Please for the sake of everyone sanity on this forum take a break from constantly trying to prove your right about a subject NO ONE BUT YOU CARES ABOUT!

Why the mods don't give you a vacation is beyond me.

Have a great holiday weekend. Maybe go hang out at YOUR MB dealership and drool over a C class sedan and give all of us a break!
The following users liked this post:
LT1 Z51 (09-01-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 06:43 AM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by vetteman41960
Joe what you fail to grasp is this is a Corvette forum and no one gives a crap about the MB GT R except you.

Your bullshit day in and day out truly is has gotten old and tiring.

I come to this forum to discuss the upcoming C8 and Mid rear GM platform. Not to here your continuing bullshit about a C6Z that is old news or about your 3 Corvettes and your daily C class MB driver that is no better than a Chevrolet Impala.

Please for the sake of everyone sanity on this forum take a break from constantly trying to prove your right about a subject NO ONE BUT YOU CARES ABOUT!

Why the mods don't give you a vacation is beyond me.

Have a great holiday weekend. Maybe go hang out at YOUR MB dealership and drool over a C class sedan and give all of us a break!
Joe and I sometimes agree, usually when he provides you know data that is correct.

This hood issue is like the 3rd time I've called him out and the 3rd time he's gotten into an argument about it. It's the second time he's brought up roof height.

He once got in an argument with me over Cadillac, complaining about them but not offering a solution saying it wasn't his job. As an engineer, I'm incapable to accept when someone has a "technical" complaint and has no solution. If you don't have the right answer how do you know what is wrong. And if you don't know what is wrong you should keep your gaping maw shut.

Joe doesn't seem to understand this, which is strange because otherwise he seems decently intelligent. I can only gather that when it comes to a few topics (Cadillac or OHV engines) he has a high emotional bias which prevents him from thinking clearly. Really wish he would fix it, cause otherwise he aint half bad.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:55 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1 Z51
I can only gather that when it comes to a few topics (Cadillac or OHV engines) he has a high emotional bias which prevents him from thinking clearly.
AND Teslas...never talk to him about 'em.
Old 09-01-2017, 04:03 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

It's pretty sad when faceless people you don't know other than interaction on an internet forum know what subjects to avoid with you. (are you listening, Joe?)
Old 09-01-2017, 04:42 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

It's pretty sad when faceless people you don't know other than interaction on an internet forum know what subjects to avoid with you. (are you listening, Joe?)
That's an easy one with Joe!!

Any subject that does not pertain to the C6 Z06 or a Mercedes being the end all beat all cars in the world your in for an argument.

Joe will tell you the following
1 C6 Z06 weight down to the ounce!
2 C6 Z06 house power to weight ratio
3 C6 Z06 exact cubist feet of storage
4 C6 Z06 driven by Joe at Talladega 168 mph
5 C6 Z06 full milage again down to the tenth on a mile.
6 C6Z How many trips he has taken all over the country in HIS Z06 with his buddies
7 If the C7 has out performed in any area of performance measures it all due to better tires on the C7.

I could go on and on as I have read the same crap for 3 or 4 year on the C7 forum.

Last edited by vetteman41960; 09-01-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:18 PM
farmington
Safety Car

Received 1,119 Likes on 798 Posts

I'm rather new to this site and I have to admit too many people here enjoy hijacking topics to the point of I wonder why anybody even comes here. See ya !!!!
Old 09-04-2017, 08:45 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by farmington
I'm rather new to this site and I have to admit too many people here enjoy hijacking topics to the point of I wonder why anybody even comes here. See ya !!!!
Your address is in your profile. Is that smart?
Old 09-04-2017, 09:11 PM
farmington
Safety Car

Received 1,119 Likes on 798 Posts

thanks
Old 09-04-2017, 09:28 PM
WKM
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Back to the original topic on engines. Not trying to stir the pot, but why is it so important to some that na v8 be used, but mid engine is ok. Seems to me if it is breaking tradition on one the other shouldn't matter.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:41 PM
fyreline
Supporting Lifetime
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,267 Likes on 508 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified
2021 C1 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2016 C1 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by WKM
Back to the original topic on engines. Not trying to stir the pot, but why is it so important to some that na v8 be used, but mid engine is ok. Seems to me if it is breaking tradition on one the other shouldn't matter.
May as well tell you right up front . . . if you go dragging common sense into the conversation, you have no future on this forum.

Quick Reply: C8 Engine Options