Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 Corvette brand split into three models

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 09:49 AM
mirage2991
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

The Chevy (Ford, Dodge etc) is what you buy when you need transportation...and Chevy adds a couple high end vehicles (one I suppose) named corvette for those that "want" a high end sports car. Porsche is the opposite, they don't dabble in "transportation" they dabble in high end sports car, thus they know those that typically have a "want" for those kind of cars tend to have the coins to go buy one. Also, realize that in general, the Porsche and Mercedes prices haven't gone up hugely, but look the the Malibu, and the "mondaying" cars prices now. A sneeze of fake leather and you are forking 30 grand...a truck with some luxury is 40 grand plus...diesel with luxury is 70k plus...
Old 11-18-2017, 01:43 AM
greenberetvette
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Interesting post...

Very interesting read.. I've owned Tahoe's as well as others SUV brands and feel they do have an excellent market. Guess I would have to see it/ drive it and make my decision on the SUV model.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:57 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by zhopper05
Actually I believe Corvette is not a Chevrolet "model". I don't see the Chevy bow-tie anywhere on the car. I would consider it a sub-brand, stand-alone, but sold under the banner of Chevrolet.
Chevy Bowtie is on every C7 Corvette MADE! It is on the emblem wing!
Old 01-08-2018, 04:29 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

GM would do well to offer a jaguar I pace competitor under the corvette brand name...

Women who have for years had to put up with husbands owning corvette two seaters for years would line up ..as would men who wanted a cuv for winter daily driving duties..

The Cadillac CTS held that place not long ago before the third generation CTS came into being.

Take a look at how many corvette owners bought the awd CTS second generation..

Back in 2008 304 hp awd sedans were considered a strong performance family sedan.

Today's market is cuv s ..and a small Macan sized or jaguar I pace ev sized corvette branded vehicle would be a home run for GM.

Nobody wants a boring ugly bolt like ev.

Just look at how strong tesla model S sales and model 3 reservations are that equal or exceed the "ultimate driving machine" m3 and M5...

The model x is so hi,rly and way over priced..

GM needs to imitate the jaguar I pace ev in concept that's sexy, small, and quick...and utilize the corvette brand name to smash that sporting image into a home run of demand...

Buick can do the near luxury segment, Cadillac can do the total luxury segment, Chevrolet can do the budget example..GMC can do the professional grade cuv ev...and corvette can do the racecar like cuv electric to take home the prize as halo vehicle of the corporation.

Electrics are coming by 2023 big time by GM..

I'm just suggesting byPassing the sedan halo that has failed so miserably by Cadillac recently and moving directly to the meat of the market...ev cuv s..

Who knows what will actually happen but as the technology of electrics moves rapidly...

GM could use the corvette brand name to save hundreds of millions on creating brand image in the ev cuv market and just use the corvette nameplate.....as it's already a 65 year American iconic nameplate.

I'd say an small sporting cuv ev capable of accelerating to sixty mph in under four seconds is a legimate use of the corvette brand name.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:40 PM
jdhommert
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

Totally agree, a Corvette Cayenne sized competitor would be so awesome and sell like freaking hotcakes
Old 01-09-2018, 08:51 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Originally Posted by jdhommert
Totally agree, a Corvette Cayenne sized competitor would be so awesome and sell like freaking hotcakes
I was thinking more along the smaller Macan s used cuv but if the marketers feel the cayenne sized cuv is a better segment ...I'm all for it.

I would like this new cuv to be all electric ...like the jaguar I pace that hasn't even been brought to the dealers yet has 25 k reservations...

Ipace sized seems like the hot segment...
Old 01-09-2018, 10:39 PM
tbrenny33
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette
I was thinking more along the smaller Macan s used cuv but if the marketers feel the cayenne sized cuv is a better segment ...I'm all for it.

I would like this new cuv to be all electric ...like the jaguar I pace that hasn't even been brought to the dealers yet has 25 k reservations...

Ipace sized seems like the hot segment...
I would love to see a performance SUV I both sizes, but I don’t think it needs to be branded corvette. I think using the Typhoon name or trailblazer SS would work. I think GM would be better off creating a clearly performance oriented line though, in the way AMG, M, SRT work.

Quick Reply: C8 Corvette brand split into three models