Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sexiest ME render?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 09:02 AM
JHrinsin
Drifting

Received 390 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteman41960
You have no idea of what your talking about.

1 Ferrari 458 Is designed by Pininfarina for Ferrari. The 488 is just an update of the original 458 design.
I have a 15 458 sitting in my garage next to my 16 Callaway SC757.
Look at any 458 at lower 1/4 area and you will see the Pininfarina emblem.

​​2 I also owned a Lamborghini and as I stated it was and is nowhere near or is as refined as the Ferrari 458 in it driving and handling abilities. Get massive amount of understeer due to being 4 wheel drive.
Also the Getrag gear box in the 458 is more refined than the gear box in the Lamborghini.

But I am sure you have own both a Ferrari and Lamborghini and that why you can state so positivly what you claim to know about these 2 drastically different super cars.

It sound more probable that your total opinion is based on u tube videos or a 15 minute drive of a super car experience rather than a informed opinion of someone who has thousands of miles in both the Ferrari & Lamborghini

Ferrari hold the test of time. One look at the most expensive and collectable cars in the world and it is Ferrari after Ferrari that are the most desirable collectable cars.
Kind of like that old Packard advertising slong;

"Just ask the man who owns one."

By the way vetteman41960, do you need any help sweeping out the garage or moving the car around?
Old 02-14-2018, 10:36 AM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

1 Ferrari 458 Is designed by Pininfarina for Ferrari. The 488 is just an update of the original 458 design.

​​2 I also owned a Lamborghini and as I stated it was and is nowhere near or is as refined as the Ferrari 458 in it driving and handling abilities. Get massive amount of understeer due to being 4 wheel drive.
Also the Getrag gear box in the 458 is more refined than the gear box in the Lamborghini.

But I am sure you have own both a Ferrari and Lamborghini and that why you can state so positivly what you claim to know about these 2 drastically different super cars.

It sound more probable that your total opinion is based on u tube videos or a 15 minute drive of a super car experience rather than a informed opinion of someone who has thousands of miles in both the Ferrari & Lamborghini

Ferrari hold the test of time. One look at the most expensive and collectable cars in the world and it is Ferrari after Ferrari that are the most desirable collectable cars.
I'm sure Flavio Manzoni of Ferrari Product Design would be surprised to hear that. He won the Red Dot "Best of the Best" awards for Product Design in 2016 for the 488. He over saw the design of the 458 which used Ferraris wind tunnel and Ferrari engineers for development. It was the 458 that was responsible for Pininfarina to be out of the picture at Ferrari. The 488 was totally revised in every possible way. Manzoni was responsible for all the 458 race wins and he decided that all Ferraris would be designed in house from now on. Ferrari and Lamborghini both use German gearboxes. Lambo has the most advanced DCT (all new 'Doppia Frizione' )of all cars, designed and built by Audi. The carbon structure is more advanced than the Mclaren P1.

I have owned two Ferraris, one Porsche, 10 Vettes, many Chevy SUVs and trucks, 3 aircraft and I design and build my own cars. So there.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:29 AM
Atari_Prime
Drifting

Received 555 Likes on 315 Posts

A couple of thoughts. 1) No one cares what you've owned. Even if you provide pics, they could be stolen, so...irrelevant. 2) You really think Ferrari let's Pininfarina design cars for them? No, they give Pininfarina an idea of what they want, Pinin goes and draws it up, and then Ferrari says a bunch of yes, nos, and then the process starts all over again. At the end of the day it is a Ferrari designed car, they mostly just let Pininfarina slap their logo on it because people care about the name. If you want more proof of how poor Pininfarina is at designing cars, simply look at the Peugeot 406, the Hyundai Matrix, the Ro80, or about 25 other designs that were pure and utter crap. 3) Modern Lambos are designed by Audi and are no longer the bonkers, shaky, gasoline filled death traps of the days of old. The Gallardo is more comfortable and easier to drive than pretty much any Ferrari on the market. However, I would still prefer the 458/488 (which you are right, really are the same car), simply because it is prettier and more fun. 4) Ferraris hold the test of time, yes, for many reasons. And Lambos do have seedy quality to them that while they do have style, they do not have grace. They are both collectors items, generally though Ferrari is held in higher regard but it has nothing to do with build quality or reliability.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:59 AM
GT Bill
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
Here is the original post for your viewing pleasure.

I was looking at different super cars and it struck me that the Hennessy Venom F5 shares many similar lines as the ME mules so I did an overlay to see what would happen if the proportions were changed a bit to make it a bit more user friendly.

Didn't spend too much time on it. Just wanted to see how it would look a bit less extreme and with the mule roof-line and proportions.

I want one !!!
Old 02-19-2018, 04:31 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

F'ing county roads here in TX would destroy that car real fast.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:40 PM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Received 495 Likes on 260 Posts
Default I fear your line render is accurate

[QUOTE=MikeG37;1596478315]
Originally Posted by Shaka

I used a different pic and I see it very similar.

If it is, the Corvette should be renamed "Aztek II." Good God, that is one ugly car.

Last edited by IronV; 03-10-2018 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Grammar
The following users liked this post:
4U2ENV (04-14-2018)
Old 03-07-2018, 01:18 PM
ltomn
Pro

Received 240 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by GT Bill
I want one !!!
When you see the rear view of that car, you will puke. If the ME from GM's Corvette entourage adapts anything remotely like it, I'm out.

Quick Reply: Sexiest ME render?