Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sexiest ME render?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 08:17 PM
dcbingaman
Burning Brakes

Received 342 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
I am posting this new render here just for consistency...

Here is a new rendering based on the most current information and speculation. The overall stance, proportions and shape match the mule spy pics fairly well.

From the spy images it seems there is a larger more traditional structure in the nose area. The paint shop pics IMO show only an under-structure in the openings with the delta shaped buttresses. They seem too thin for and practical use. The top surface of the paint shop fascia shows similar curves and angles as the ZR1 hood so I followed the design thru. I opted to use similar details of the ZR1 such as the diffuser and hood exhaust port since they are race/test proven. I added a few cool looking top-fender louver vents for good measure.

The headlamps seem to line up similar to the C7 but look to be longer as shown and with the TRI bulb lamps. This design seems to account for the top most visible lamp from the side views. The side scoop, as seen in the spy and CAD images are approximately the correct size and shape while the final details are anyone's guess. I added a lower brake inlet as suggested above as well though the shape will likely be different and maybe similar to the C7 inlet.

Let me know what you think. Looking forward to more info and details!

Love it ! It carries the C7 into the future. I am wondering if there are two vents for the engine compartment - one as shown in your render, and the second using the back side window, ala Ferrari 458. That would allow them to get away with a smaller lower scoop which would improve the look of the car. This rear window area is always covered on the mules so it could actually be an inlet. See the 458 scoop below - very clever styling feature. This makes the 458 look MUCH cleaner than the 488.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:18 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

^^

Thanks.

I don't know if it's been officially confirmed but is accepted as the front fascia. Take a look at the spy pics and note the painted camo structure under the black tarp. There IS a molded grill there.

The render using the actual fascia now does not seem to totally correct. Note all the B&W painted camo under the black tarp. Sure, could be faked, but I can't imaging them leaving the grill with those thin delta shaped supports as the only structure in the grill

My "grill" design is only an estimate of what "could" be under there and is similar to the zr1 to keep it in the family so to speak.

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 01-15-2018 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:24 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

[QUOTE=dcbingaman;1596385038]Love it ! It carries the C7 into the future. I am wondering if there are two vents for the engine compartment - one as shown in your render, and the second using the back side window, ala Ferrari 458. That would allow them to get away with a smaller lower scoop which would improve the look of the car. This rear window area is always covered on the mules so it could actually be an inlet. See the 458 scoop below - very clever styling feature. This makes the 458 look MUCH cleaner than the 488.

Thanks. I agree and actually have a bit of that idea showing in the render. Maybe it should be more pronounced?

Also could be one on the rear deck at the base of the glass.

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 01-15-2018 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:59 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,444 Likes on 2,270 Posts

firstevette,

You really have some talent with these renders. Don't know how close you'll end up being to the real deal, but it sure is fun watching you work on them.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:08 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,153 Likes on 5,984 Posts

Take that yellow render, add the paint shop nose as we can see it and round the side cove some and it'll be close.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:12 PM
blb078
Racer

Received 198 Likes on 102 Posts

I am posting this new render here just for consistency...

Here is a new rendering based on the most current information and speculation. The overall stance, proportions and shape match the mule spy pics fairly well.

From the spy images it seems there is a larger more traditional structure in the nose area. The paint shop pics IMO show only an under-structure in the openings with the delta shaped buttresses. They seem too thin for and practical use. The top surface of the paint shop fascia shows similar curves and angles as the ZR1 hood so I followed the design thru. I opted to use similar details of the ZR1 such as the diffuser and hood exhaust port since they are race/test proven. I added a few cool looking top-fender louver vents for good measure.

The headlamps seem to line up similar to the C7 but look to be longer as shown and with the TRI bulb lamps. This design seems to account for the top most visible lamp from the side views. The side scoop, as seen in the spy and CAD images are approximately the correct size and shape while the final details are anyone's guess. I added a lower brake inlet as suggested above as well though the shape will likely be different and maybe similar to the C7 inlet.

Let me know what you think. Looking forward to more info and details!

I hope it doesn't look like this. Looks butt ugly to me. No offense to the artist, I understand you're trying to put together a puzzle based on limited info. I don't like the front spoiler, kind of like what they do with the Z06 and GS. I can't stand how they just add that on there and can't make it all in one piece without crap sticking out the side of it. The entire front end looks a little to big/high up. If it is like this then the frunk is going to be huge.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:13 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
Take that yellow render, add the paint shop nose as we can see it and round the side cove some and it'll be close.
my older render had the paint shop nose more "accurately" but it seems too empty AND the spy mule pics suggest a bigger structure which is why I made it similar to the race proven ZR1.

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 01-16-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:22 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by blb078
I hope it doesn't look like this. Looks butt ugly to me. No offense to the artist, I understand you're trying to put together a puzzle based on limited info. I don't like the front spoiler, kind of like what they do with the Z06 and GS. I can't stand how they just add that on there and can't make it all in one piece without crap sticking out the side of it. The entire front end looks a little to big/high up. If it is like this then the frunk is going to be huge.
I was trying to show some Corvette lineage as I think GM will also. I think they will try to keep it "Corvette" looking.

That type of difuser is used on current Koenigsegg so I figured it "may" be used on the top end C8 too since they also use it on the ZR1.

The front looks high because of the angle and type of iso render it is. The "pose" is done for dramatic effect. It's just perspective.

see images below for comparison. The nose looks very large in the front view vs the side. Like a fish-eye lens.

...but they do want to fit two golf bags...so....

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 01-16-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:28 PM
car junkie
Drifting

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

I think we are in a scoop crazy rut.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:38 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Old 01-17-2018, 02:53 AM
senah
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by car junkie
I think we are in a scoop crazy rut.
there's a reason; better cooling, less drag, less lift, better control, all for no penalty. can moveable rudders be far behind, lol?

Last edited by senah; 01-17-2018 at 02:56 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:11 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by senah
there's a reason; better cooling, less drag, less lift, better control, all for no penalty. can moveable rudders be far behind, lol?
not a rudder but these aileons seem to move independently.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:44 PM
Timz16
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

my older render had the paint shop nose more "accurately" but it seems too empty AND the spy mule pics suggest a bigger structure which is why I made it similar to the race proven ZR1.

Much prefer this one. The clean lines remind me of the C5, my favorite overall generation.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:47 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Here is my latest version of the ME. Wish we could see a bit more of the real car. Until then...it's just a guess of what could be under there...

Tried a few roof configurations and colorway combos.

Shape and proportions match the winter spy pics and the details are as close as I could make them based on all the spy and leaked CAD images.

Some details are carry-overs from the zr1, but think it works to keep it looking like a Vette.

Guessing at a vert version too...

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 01-21-2018 at 12:49 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by firstvettesoon:
91ZR1 (01-21-2018), CSC5 (01-22-2018), elegant (01-20-2018), Larshelt (01-22-2018)
Old 01-20-2018, 10:10 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

Here is my latest version of the ME. Wish we could see a bit more of the real car. Until then...it's just a guess of what could be under there...

Shape and proportions match the winter spy pics and the details are as close as I could make them based on all the spy and leaked CAD images.

Some details are carry-overs from the zr1, but think it works to keep it looking like a Vette.

Guessing at a vert version too...

Really great work !! You continue to make these small changes and the render get beer and beterr.

I love everything except the outlet at rear of front fender. Just seems out of place . I do understand that is one feature of the Corvette since 1956 in one shape or another and your trying to keep some of the things we come to expect from a Corvette.

I hope more of a slotted feature along the top of fender for pressure release similar to how Porsche has done on some of the track based 911.

I really look forward to your work! Lots of fun.

Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
firstvettesoon (01-21-2018)
Old 01-21-2018, 12:38 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

just to show the overlay...

The following 2 users liked this post by firstvettesoon:
91ZR1 (01-21-2018), elegant (01-21-2018)
Old 01-21-2018, 12:56 AM
dcbingaman
Burning Brakes

Received 342 Likes on 207 Posts

[QUOTE=firstvettesoon;1596418573]Here is my latest version of the ME. Wish we could see a bit more of the real car. Until then...it's just a guess of what could be under there...

Guessing at a vert version too...]

This is really excellent work. I think you've nailed the form. The shorter greenhouse looks like the spy photos. Still hard to tell what the side vent will look like, but what you've got works for me !

Thanks for all your hard work on this.....those guys at the GM Warren Tech Center should hire you !
The following users liked this post:
firstvettesoon (01-21-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Sexiest ME render?

Old 01-21-2018, 08:26 AM
yz250fPilot
Pro

Received 581 Likes on 251 Posts

just to show the overlay...

You continue to do excellent work, thank you for sharing!

With that said, the way the car is looking is IMO not very good as it is too boxy looking. Perhaps GM is making it look that way on purpose to throw everyone off.

I've looked at other ME cars trying to decide which ones I like, and my list is surprisingly short. For example, I do not like the McLarens.

I do like the 458.

And I REALLY like the BMW posted above, now that's a beautiful ME!

What I'm starting to realize is that GM set the bar so high with the Wide Body C7, that all those ME cars I previously thought looked so cool, do not look so cool now because of the absolute beauty of the WB C7.

GM will really have to be on its game to come-up with an ME Vette which looks better than the WB C7.

And according to the current interpretations of that ME, they are failing.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:05 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by yz250fPilot
You continue to do excellent work, thank you for sharing!

With that said, the way the car is looking is IMO not very good as it is too boxy looking. Perhaps GM is making it look that way on purpose to throw everyone off.

I've looked at other ME cars trying to decide which ones I like, and my list is surprisingly short. For example, I do not like the McLarens.

I do like the 458.

And I REALLY like the BMW posted above, now that's a beautiful ME!

What I'm starting to realize is that GM set the bar so high with the Wide Body C7, that all those ME cars I previously thought looked so cool, do not look so cool now because of the absolute beauty of the WB C7.

GM will really have to be on its game to come-up with an ME Vette which looks better than the WB C7.

And according to the current interpretations of that ME, they are failing.
Thanks!.

Not sure what you mean "boxy" looking.? To me, it seems to have similar lines, size and proportions to the 458 you like.

I am sure it will be awesome looking and that these renders only give a fraction of an idea of what it "could look like. I think the rendering does have a lot of the same feeling of the WB C7..at least to me it gives the same impression and feels like a Corvette...to me anyway.

Old 01-21-2018, 02:23 PM
zorasdream
Racer

Received 183 Likes on 88 Posts

To me This is the only one that looks good. Im a little concerned the side vent wont look good.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Sexiest ME render?