Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sexiest ME render?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 06:15 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

I think that Lambo is spectacular especially after my mods. It looks like a shark which is what Corvettes should look like.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:33 PM
Atari_Prime
Drifting

Received 555 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
Thanks for your comments but my latest renderings DO incorporate everything we know about the c8 ME so far and add some current "Corvette" styling cues to the mix to help keep the look and feel of a Corvette. Of course these are only "suggestions" of the type of details that we "could" see, but the size, placement and overall shapes match the know spy and CAD images pretty close.

I chose to use some of the ZR1 design cues as a base for parts of the rendering because it makes sense and actually does match the known details. The paint-shop nose for example has scallops and ridges on the top surface that are "similar" to the ZR1 hood so I modified the ZR1 hood to be recognizable but different, not needing a giant hump for the engine, it is reduced and lowered. The black hood air vent is also retained to keep a recognizable brand identity with Corvette and color options.

I decided to retain the front splitter as a potential ME design element since it is proven for the Corvette and is also featured on other current supercars and figure they may include such a design.

I am surprised you feel the rendering is overly busy and hard edged and don't like it but Shaka's drawing which has harder edges and is busier IMO, you like? But as you say, to each their own.

From the available spy pics, the ME does not have a very "over-the-top aesthetic " to me and my latest side rendering reflects that. I feel it is rather sedate compared to what we may get in the real car. There are actually rumors that the car will be more angular and exotic looking like an American Ferrari. I think my latest renderings are closer to this concept and actually a bit more tame than I think the car will be.

To be clear, these renderings are not "my" design for an ME Corvette, but rather an imaging of what the ME could look like based on all the available info we have to date and simple logic and understanding that the design needs to be recognizable as a Corvette and be exotic enough to pull some buyers with Euro-eyes to take a look.
I think the renders accomplish this objective fairly well so far.

You said in a previous post that I missed a dozen or so details that are known from the spy pics. If you elaborate, I can try to address them.

It is fun to discuss the potentials tho...
Look at the shaka drawings and see where you differ. Incorporate those elements.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:02 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Great job by everyone. Most of them are great...but I still don’t see a corvette.
The following users liked this post:
Shaka (01-23-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 07:05 PM
Ronstar
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 46 Posts

Thanks for your comments but my latest renderings DO incorporate everything we know about the c8 ME so far and add some current "Corvette" styling cues to the mix to help keep the look and feel of a Corvette. Of course these are only "suggestions" of the type of details that we "could" see, but the size, placement and overall shapes match the know spy and CAD images pretty close.

I chose to use some of the ZR1 design cues as a base for parts of the rendering because it makes sense and actually does match the known details. The paint-shop nose for example has scallops and ridges on the top surface that are "similar" to the ZR1 hood so I modified the ZR1 hood to be recognizable but different, not needing a giant hump for the engine, it is reduced and lowered. The black hood air vent is also retained to keep a recognizable brand identity with Corvette and color options.

I decided to retain the front splitter as a potential ME design element since it is proven for the Corvette and is also featured on other current supercars and figure they may include such a design.

I am surprised you feel the rendering is overly busy and hard edged and don't like it but Shaka's drawing which has harder edges and is busier IMO, you like? But as you say, to each their own.

From the available spy pics, the ME does not have a very "over-the-top aesthetic " to me and my latest side rendering reflects that. I feel it is rather sedate compared to what we may get in the real car. There are actually rumors that the car will be more angular and exotic looking like an American Ferrari. I think my latest renderings are closer to this concept and actually a bit more tame than I think the car will be.

To be clear, these renderings are not "my" design for an ME Corvette, but rather an imaging of what the ME could look like based on all the available info we have to date and simple logic and understanding that the design needs to be recognizable as a Corvette and be exotic enough to pull some buyers with Euro-eyes to take a look.
I think the renders accomplish this objective fairly well so far.

You said in a previous post that I missed a dozen or so details that are known from the spy pics. If you elaborate, I can try to address them.

It is fun to discuss the potentials tho...
I think you have done a great job with the rendering. I do however think that you “missed” the nose. I think the first one you designed is probably closer. It looks more like the paint shop nose.
I understand your point about the wry thin structure each side of the center is probably just structural for a grill or something but the wider structures that are farther out that run slightly diagonal look to be finished panels.
I think it is much more likely that there is trickery under the tarps and camo and that the paint shop nose is legit
Old 01-22-2018, 07:14 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronstar
I think you have done a great job with the rendering. I do however think that you “missed” the nose. I think the first one you designed is probably closer. It looks more like the paint shop nose.
I understand your point about the wry thin structure each side of the center is probably just structural for a grill or something but the wider structures that are farther out that run slightly diagonal look to be finished panels.
I think it is much more likely that there is trickery under the tarps and camo and that the paint shop nose is legit
I don't doubt the paint shop images are correct, I just feel that there is more of a structure within the big open areas since their would have to be some sort of grill elements within the gaping mouth.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:20 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Atari_Prime
Look at the shaka drawings and see where you differ. Incorporate those elements.
You are a funny guy...

There is nothing in his drawings that are not only guesses.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:30 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

You are a funny guy...

There is nothing in his drawings that are not only guesses.
Double negative. Can you restructure your sentence? The dots are accurate but the connections might not be.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:34 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Shaka
Double negative. Can you restructure your sentence? The dots are accurate but the connections might not be.
Sure. There is nothing in his drawings that are not only guesses… Too !

Good?
Old 01-22-2018, 07:47 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Sure. There is nothing in his drawings that are not only guesses… Too !

Good?
Not English, the way I know it anyway. Don't understand.
'There is nothing in his drawings that are guesses.'
'Nothing in his drawings are guesses.'
'His drawings are nothing but guesses.'
'His drawings are not only guesses, but (also)....'
..and so on.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:49 PM
Ronstar
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 46 Posts

I don't doubt the paint shop images are correct, I just feel that there is more of a structure within the big open areas since their would have to be some sort of grill elements within the gaping mouth.
I agree that there would have to be some sort of “grill elements “ BETWEEN the large open areas. you have totally disregarded the structure that defines the large open areas
There is a large gaping mouth area that I’m sure has more inside than the paint shop nose shows. But then there is a a diagonal structure at the edge of the mouth that you have completely ignored. Then another smaller open “cheek”. From the paint shop image I don’t believe that diagonal “mouth”,”cheek”separation structure will be covered up. I think this is what others are seeing as well as not accurate to design cues we “know” to exist
Old 01-22-2018, 07:56 PM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

This is how the wider 700hp one will look like. The are variations of the side scoop and rear outlet between the push rod version and the turbo versions.
Really? I hope not... hideous even for a doodle.

The good news is that this is just my 2 cents, and most all opinions are worth about as much.

Last edited by FrankLP; 01-22-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Shaka (01-23-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 07:57 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

..and so on.

Shaka (01-23-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 08:00 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Ronstar
I agree that there would have to be some sort of “grill elements “ BETWEEN the large open areas. you have totally disregarded the structure that defines the large open areas
There is a large gaping mouth area that I’m sure has more inside than the paint shop nose shows. But then there is a a diagonal structure at the edge of the mouth that you have completely ignored. Then another smaller open “cheek”. From the paint shop image I don’t believe that diagonal “mouth”,”cheek”separation structure will be covered up. I think this is what others are seeing as well as not accurate to design cues we “know” to exist
I agree and did include the actual known front in an earlier draft but figured people could use a little imagination to fill in the blanks a bit until we can see more of the filler details.

Again, those delta shaped supports are VERY thin (look at the far side one) and there is really nothing else in that fascia to suggest any other design so I took the liberty to fill it in with a Corvette styled grill. The other "supports" may be only temp. From the front the delta shaped elements would hardly be visible. Note the B&W painted camo under the black tarp. Sure it could be fake but prob isn't.

Maybe if I get more time I will address it more. I am sure it will be very different and much more exciting!

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 01-22-2018 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:27 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by FrankLP
Really? I hope not... hideous even for a doodle.

The good news is that this is just my 2 cents, and most all opinions are worth about as much.

...nothin is irrelevant unless shaka and prime say it is...

but I appreciate your opinion!

I hope my gramma dont get bad graded again...

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 01-22-2018 at 08:28 PM.
Shaka (01-23-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 08:31 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

I think that Lambo is spectacular especially after my mods. It looks like a shark which is what Corvettes should look like.
I don't think a Corvette will ever look like that. Way out there for a true driver. Where would you store your toothbrush... well not yours but a regular person...
Shaka (01-23-2018)
Old 01-23-2018, 01:09 AM
Atari_Prime
Drifting

I just said that for effect. Like I say, I hope I'm wrong but from what i see, it looks old.
I don’t see old in the C8 design. For the past decade trends in the affordable car market have moved toward retro designs that are kind of in-your-face mallets with a dash of ‘Merica’ thrown in. The C8 abandons a lot of that and moves toward high speed sophistication and elegance. I think people are going to like it for the most part. Afford it though, that’s a different story.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:00 AM
car junkie
Drifting

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Atari_Prime
I don’t see old in the C8 design. For the past decade trends in the affordable car market have moved toward retro designs that are kind of in-your-face mallets with a dash of ‘Merica’ thrown in. The C8 abandons a lot of that and moves toward high speed sophistication and elegance. I think people are going to like it for the most part. Afford it though, that’s a different story.
If it ends up and I think it will, looking like a series of stacked boxes with too many scoops, which in reality is nothing more than copycat been there done that European supercar design, I for one will be greatly disappointed.

The best looking cars coming out of the big three are the retro styled cars. We desperately need another Bill Mitchell. Thank god Ed Welburn is gone!, unfortunately his replacement Mike Simcoe at this point doesn't appear to be very promising.

The time we are living in from a truly creative standpoint, has run out of ideas. From the cars and trucks we drive and the movies and music we watch and listen to. We are coming up on the 100th anniversary of the art deco movement, if I were a designer I would look to this period for inspiration which coincidentally replaced the cubism that we seem to be stuck in at the moment.

I think I see a Corvette parked in this picture.

Shaka (01-23-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Sexiest ME render?

Old 01-23-2018, 09:19 AM
Shaka
Safety Car

I don't think a Corvette will ever look like that. Way out there for a true driver. Where would you store your toothbrush... well not yours but a regular person...
Nice. I think we both have the wrong interpretation of this section. What do you see in a plan view both top and bottom? If I draw it with what appears to be a huge protrusion at the bottom , it looks really bad.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:23 AM
Atari_Prime
Drifting

..and so on.
1) Yes to all the above...lol.

2) About 80% of what is in Shaka's drawing are facts that can be found in the spy photos.

3) Maybe he's guessing, maybe he's not, how do you know?

4) Even if he says he's guessing, can you trust him? lol.

5) Thousands of people have seen the actual car fully uncovered, from engineers, to parts makers, to wind tunnel experts, to gov't crash test personnel. Take your pick of basically any portion of the automotive industry. And you don't think at least a few are on this forum, or friends of people on this forum?

The point, good luck proving what are guesses and what are not.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:16 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Nice. I think we both have the wrong interpretation of this section. What do you see in a plan view both top and bottom? If I draw it with what appears to be a huge protrusion at the bottom , it looks really bad.

Something like this maybe. I don't see a huge protrusion at the bottom. Look at the far side. It looks fairly even to me with the sides angled in and the delta shaped supports roughly as shown. I sketched in the new headlamp shape roughly as a slight wrap around. The angle is so acute it is hard to tell the actual straight on shape yet. Any thoughts?

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 01-23-2018 at 03:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by firstvettesoon:
4U2ENV (04-14-2018), Larshelt (01-24-2018)

Quick Reply: Sexiest ME render?