Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code name Zerv

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 12:46 AM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

You obviously like your C7. Its design team, with one person being the exception, is the same team designing the ME.

I can, as I sure you also remember, the 100+ negative comments right on this forum, about the C7 when all we had then seen were its renderings.

And yet, 135,000 folks have bought the C7 — including tens of thousands who had never bought a Corvette before.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:44 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronstar
Love the new rendering.but I don’t think the flat top section of the headlight( that you have shaded orange) will be covered. You can see where the body panel(hood) will butt up to the other side of the orange area. Very similar to how the c7 has a feature line running threw the headlight with a similar flat area on top
revised as suggested with a new hood design since it was suggested the hood would be angular and exotic...

Any suggestions?

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 01-27-2018 at 01:44 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by firstvettesoon:
elegant (01-27-2018), Larshelt (01-27-2018)
Old 01-27-2018, 09:21 AM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

R.I.P ZERV. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DID FOR OUR HOBBY!

Last edited by Dominic Sorresso; 01-27-2018 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:14 AM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
revised as suggested with a new hood design since it was suggested the hood would be angular and exotic...

Any suggestions?

If the C8 looks like that, I'm going to keep my C6Z for a very long time. I will have to redesign the body and make it look like this if I got a C8ME. This is the way a ME Vette should look. The FE car can carry golf clubs but the ME must not.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:22 AM
zorasdream
Racer

Received 183 Likes on 88 Posts

Default Im worried

Originally Posted by sunsalem
All I can say is it better be more inspiring than the renders we have seen so far...
Corvette enthusiasts my whole life but im with you. I appreciate the efforts but the renders are not doing it for me
The following users liked this post:
Shaka (01-27-2018)
Old 01-27-2018, 11:44 AM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 917 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by 96GS#007
I would expect there to be something in his employment docs....even if hired years ago....about disclosing proprietary information.

He'll either end up in jail or be told that if he posts again he risks jail (and financial damages).
Jail only results from criminal activity. This would be a civil matter. He could be sued by GM and be responsible for financial damages GM has incurred. And his name would be mudd. But no jail.

People don't really understand the law. Only when you break a law can you be put in jail. Violating an NDA is a contractual issue not a criminal issue. Your employment contract usually contains some sort of NDA.

Last edited by LT1 Z51; 01-27-2018 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:01 PM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Any suggestions?

The proportions are wrong in this render. maybe if you scale it better, it could be improved. right now it looks like a head on of a school bus.
however, thank u for your efforts.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:42 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by elegant
Its design team, with one person being the exception, is the same team designing the ME.
That may be the problem.
I see way too much C7 in the design.

I can, as I sure you also remember, the 100+ negative comments right on this forum, about the C7 when all we had then seen were its renderings.
True.

And yet, 135,000 folks have bought the C7 — including tens of thousands who had never bought a Corvette before.
If a poll were taken now, I think the vast majority would give a thumbs-up to the C7 design.

Originally Posted by Shaka
This is the way a ME Vette should look.
Agreed...revolutionary, not evolutionary.

Last edited by sunsalem; 01-27-2018 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:56 PM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 653 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1 Z51
Jail only results from criminal activity. This would be a civil matter. He could be sued by GM and be responsible for financial damages GM has incurred. And his name would be mudd. But no jail.

People don't really understand the law. Only when you break a law can you be put in jail. Violating an NDA is a contractual issue not a criminal issue. Your employment contract usually contains some sort of NDA.
Depending on specifics, GM could refer the case to state or federal investigators resulting in criminal charges such as those against Dmitry Sazonov. I would guess that is unlikely, but it there certainly are criminal penalties for theft of trade secrets, again depending on the details.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:49 PM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Received 755 Likes on 332 Posts

Any suggestions?

My suggestions are:
  1. We probably won't get a ZR1-style splitter with winglets (thank goodness). I'm not sold on the ZR1-style black side pieces on the nose either. Also, the nose seems to have more of a pointed shape than your front render would suggest.
  2. Too much mass high-up in the front render -- reminds me of the front view of a mid-90s Camaro.
  3. There is no need for the center "engine bump" since there is no engine under there.
  4. I think we'll get more dramatic (and functional) air outlets in the front hood. Hopefully without the louvers over them. All that air coming in the nose has to exit somewhere -- and will certainly be used for downforce rather than engine cooling.

I know these are all criticisms, but please know that I'm enjoying the work you're doing. I hope you keep at it.
firstvettesoon (01-27-2018)
Old 01-27-2018, 05:14 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Here is a new version with the photo distortion reduced...

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 01-27-2018 at 05:26 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by firstvettesoon:
dmaxx3500 (01-28-2018), elegant (01-27-2018), Larshelt (01-28-2018), Shaka (01-28-2018)
Old 01-27-2018, 05:35 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Speednet
My suggestions are:
  1. We probably won't get a ZR1-style splitter with winglets (thank goodness). I'm not sold on the ZR1-style black side pieces on the nose either. Also, the nose seems to have more of a pointed shape than your front render would suggest.
  2. Too much mass high-up in the front render -- reminds me of the front view of a mid-90s Camaro.
  3. There is no need for the center "engine bump" since there is no engine under there.
  4. I think we'll get more dramatic (and functional) air outlets in the front hood. Hopefully without the louvers over them. All that air coming in the nose has to exit somewhere -- and will certainly be used for downforce rather than engine cooling.

I know these are all criticisms, but please know that I'm enjoying the work you're doing. I hope you keep at it.

Thanks for the thoughts and ideas!

I agree with your comments. We may see a winged splitter on a extreeme version only because I think they are seem to work and Koenigsegg still uses them so who knows...

The grill will be different I am sure but no idea what yet so I used something familiar.

The fenders match the position of the spy pics so can't justify changing it.

I reduced the bump and kept the center carbon fiber vent louvers for now just for a color pop.

I agree that the hood / nose/lights will be more dramatic and very interesting.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:16 PM
WKM
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

There might not be a need for an engine bump, but a lot of people have expressed a need for a lot of storage space and with the engine in the back it might make that bump more practical.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:24 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by WKM
There might not be a need for an engine bump, but a lot of people have expressed a need for a lot of storage space and with the engine in the back it might make that bump more practical.
True. How big a bump would you need for two golf bags?

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 01-27-2018 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:33 PM
keagan
Melting Slicks

Received 876 Likes on 447 Posts

I say lose the splitter! I can't look at the car well with it being there.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:26 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by keagan
I say lose the splitter! I can't look at the car well with it being there.
Several people requested it so...

also fixed a few details. Not sure about the nose fascia wingys...

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 01-27-2018 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:45 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

I like it without the splitter (though I love the splitter on the C7). And if the ME has the active aero system which GM patented in March, with one component of it being the “aero undertray” that the ZR1 has, there might not be a need for any splitter on the entry version.

Thought perhaps an alternative aero option of canards (as shown above but bigger) on the second year ZORA?

While we keep nibbling at this, we probably have many more times to learn about the ME than we currently think we know. Still lots of fun to educatedly-conjecture while we have almost nothing definitive about it — either visually and/or mechanically.
The following 2 users liked this post by elegant:
firstvettesoon (01-27-2018), Larshelt (01-28-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Code name Zerv

Old 01-27-2018, 10:09 PM
Walter Raulerson
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by skank
Porsche enthusiasts are often a arrogant bunch. I've had Corvettes than switched to Ferrari's. I am going back to Corvette's as they are a great car period. I've often observed Porsche guy's that are just too uptight especially when being dominated by Corvette's on the track. The spastic 911 configuration baffles me in how anyone could consider that format a pure drivers experience.
They also tend to "brag" about how much it costs to have their cars serviced it's like it's a completion to see how much they can spend with PORSCHE. Strange
skank (01-30-2018)
Old 01-28-2018, 01:04 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,774 Likes on 4,221 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by LT1 Z51
And TBH, a lifted Wrangler is more likely to draw attention (including the female kind) than a Corvette.

Sports cars are not really a "thing" anymore. It's sad, but I by mine for me so it's not an issue but a lot of people used to buy them for status and that just isn't there anymore.
It probably depends on what part of the country you're in. My wife drives a special edition '16 Wrangler Unlimited that I've added some goodies to, but there are a TON of Wranglers around here. My kids honestly counted close to 200 Wranglers in one day that we drove by - and those were just the ones they saw and waved at from our Jeep. There are also a lot of very nice sports cars around here as well, one of my neighbors has a McLaren, another one with a new ZO6, and another with a Ferrari California. My Vette gets a lot more attention than our Jeep. I'm sure it'll be the same with the C8 as long as they don't mess up the design.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:22 AM
Quinten33
Burning Brakes

Received 536 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by JABCAT
It probably depends on what part of the country you're in. My wife drives a special edition '16 Wrangler Unlimited that I've added some goodies to, but there are a TON of Wranglers around here. My kids honestly counted close to 200 Wranglers in one day that we drove by - and those were just the ones they saw and waved at from our Jeep. There are also a lot of very nice sports cars around here as well, one of my neighbors has a McLaren, another one with a new ZO6, and another with a Ferrari California. My Vette gets a lot more attention than our Jeep. I'm sure it'll be the same with the C8 as long as they don't mess up the design.
I agree. My area is Half Rural and half well devolved, so the big diesels and custom Jeeps get all the attention but the Porsche’s and Corvettes don’t go unnoticed. The thing is, everybody in any city not named Miami or Los Angeles would snap their neck at an NSX, 570s, Huracan, etc. People know that they’re supercars and think that they’re cool. The C8 will get a lot more attention than the C7, especially being that Chevy will use it for brand advertising on TV.
scuba pro (01-29-2018)

Quick Reply: Code name Zerv