C8 Rendition-What I think is under all the Camo - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C8 Corvette > C8 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

C8 Rendition-What I think is under all the Camo

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 Rendition-What I think is under all the Camo

Old 02-17-2018, 11:01 AM
Spike5
CF Member

Could the new C8 be a Spider? Based on some of the comments regarding the b-pillar, it may be hiding a retractable roof like the 488. I for one, hate stowing my targa top. But, would love to drive more often with the top down. Thoughts?

Old 02-17-2018, 03:31 PM
firstvettesoon
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spike5 View Post
Could the new C8 be a Spider? Based on some of the comments regarding the b-pillar, it may be hiding a retractable roof like the 488. I for one, hate stowing my targa top. But, would love to drive more often with the top down. Thoughts?

To me it look like they are testing 2 models. The different wheel versions seem to have differnt rear decks s. Anyone else see this ?
Old 02-17-2018, 04:40 PM
tbrenny33
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon View Post
To me it look like they are testing 2 models. The different wheel versions seem to have differnt rear decks s. Anyone else see this ?
could be. That would make sense, otherwise If they do this it better be a CF roof and not too much of weight gain.
The Following User Says Thank You to tbrenny33 For This Useful Post:
firstvettesoon (02-17-2018)
Old 02-17-2018, 09:06 PM
bgspot
CF Senior Member

^^^I agree. Only problem this will only add to the price. Fingers crossed the base model doesn't go above 80k....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bgspot For This Useful Post:
firstvettesoon (02-17-2018), greenberetvette (02-18-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 03:17 AM
greenberetvette
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Default That looks awesome!

Great artwork! I think you did a great job on the "look" and lets hope its just as fun to drive and enjoy like all vettes.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:14 PM
AORoads
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,201 Times in 1,005 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I like all the drawings! My only hope is that the rear end height is a little bit less than the camo shots seem to be.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:09 PM
Paulchristian
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by AORoads View Post
I like all the drawings! My only hope is that the rear end height is a little bit less than the camo shots seem to be.
I agree, that a$$ looks monstrous...
Old 03-01-2018, 06:38 PM
Larry/car
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by bgspot View Post
^^^I agree. Only problem this will only add to the price. Fingers crossed the base model doesn't go above 80k....
My 2017 Convertible with the 2LT interior only stickered at $67,000. I am afraid the price will be out of my enjoyment range. I’m do not want to be afraid to drive it because of price.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:11 AM
IronV
CF Senior Member

Default C8 render

Originally Posted by got2bblu View Post
Here is my render of the mid engine Corvette based on all the information leaks on the corvette forum. I am not an artist but feel the C8 could look like this under all the camouflage. I worked my sketch from the spy shot image below so the proportions should be close. The engineer covering the car has shown us the air intake for the engine begins in the doors. There is a lot of camo covering the last 10 inches of the doors. It is difficult to imagine what could be under there. The rear bumper from the paint shop shows tail lights and air vents that wrap around the side of the car. The tail lights will be 3 dimensional like the C7. The front bumper from the paint shop has three large openings. I believe the front end will look similar to the C7 so that GM will have that brand recognition factor. Similar headlights and double edge fenders like the C7. I reserve the right to make changes as more information becomes available.

I
I appreciate your effort. But hope you're not correct. Looks like a shapeless chunk next to the C7.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:14 AM
IronV
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by elegant View Post
I like it also. I do believe after we have waited for the ME for many decades, in the end it will look a little less C7’ish, more European exotic, more curvy by a small amount. But a very nice car.
"More curvy?" Than a C7? Look again. It looks stubby. Without much shape.
Well done.
" More curvy ?" Than a C7? Look again. It looks stubby. Without much shape . The C7 is really sculpted.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:56 AM
MikeG37
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by IronV View Post
" More curvy ?" Than a C7? Look again. It looks stubby. Without much shape . The C7 is really sculpted.
At one time the C7 was awkward and chunky looking without much shape. There wasn't a whole lot of sculpting to be seen either. That's the purpose of the camo, none of the C7 renderings done by us guessing what it was going to look like did it justice either.

Last edited by MikeG37; 03-02-2018 at 09:04 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeG37 For This Useful Post:
elegant (03-02-2018), FrankLP (03-08-2018)
Old 03-02-2018, 01:02 PM
elegant
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,196 Times in 592 Posts

When the C5’s first came out (and we had the first one in our good sized Corvette club), when we first bought it to a meeting we got chastised about “its huge butt,” “that rear looks oversized”, and “put that rear on a diet,” and similar. (True the C5’s butt was/is much bigger than the C4’s.]

Yet three years later, more than 60% of our club including the three members who individually made the above comments, owned a C5.

If the rear of the ME appears tall, my guess is that we will get used to it, for it will from the side, add “stance” to the car — which c7pimp noted, it has.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:07 PM
tcinla
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I hope they get the rear side scoops shaped right. If they go the caddy/c7 straight line route it would be a shame.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:47 PM
snow
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '10, '17-'18

I hope it does not look like the white rendition above
Old 03-09-2018, 03:16 PM
C7pimp
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by snow View Post
I hope it does not look like the white rendition above
That's a Pre-C7 drawing...
Old 03-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Shaka
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by IronV View Post
I appreciate your effort. But hope you're not correct. Looks like a shapeless chunk next to the C7.
Hey, Welcome. I like your attitude. We got to stick together for the revolution.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:14 PM
IronV
CF Senior Member

Default LOL! No prisoners!

Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
Hey, Welcome. I like your attitude. We got to stick together for the revolution.
Right on. It's not over until we say it's over!

"Death to the fascist insect that preys upon the body of the people... or the Vette!"
Old 03-15-2018, 07:38 PM
AORoads
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,201 Times in 1,005 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by elegant View Post
When the C5’s first came out (and we had the first one in our good sized Corvette club), when we first bought it to a meeting we got chastised about “its huge butt,” “that rear looks oversized”, and “put that rear on a diet,” and similar. (True the C5’s butt was/is much bigger than the C4’s.]

Yet three years later, more than 60% of our club including the three members who individually made the above comments, owned a C5.

If the rear of the ME appears tall, my guess is that we will get used to it, for it will from the side, add “stance” to the car — which c7pimp noted, it has.
I'm a little late to this thread and realize it's a bit old. But, I will say that both the C5 and 6 could have used a "diet" on the rear. Yes, it "hung together"-and sold a lot of cars, but from an aesthetic look, to me, the C4's back end looked better and cleaner. However, like the 'bangle-butt" BMWs, and the (my term only) "gaping maw" of the Audi front end that started the huge openings in the front ends of everything including Lexus sedans, looking like other cars isn't always the best thing to do. For instance, the C7 Stingray and Z06 are distinctive-looking, and quite a departure from other brands, IMO.

I'll say that with all the camo and tacked-on boxes or whatever under the covers, I have no idea what the ME will look like---front, side or rear.
The Following User Says Thank You to AORoads For This Useful Post:
IronV (03-15-2018)
Old 03-16-2018, 12:37 AM
Dominic Sorresso
CF Senior Member

I'm a little late to this thread and realize it's a bit old. But, I will say that both the C5 and 6 could have used a "diet" on the rear. Yes, it "hung together"-and sold a lot of cars, but from an aesthetic look, to me, the C4's back end looked better and cleaner. However, like the 'bangle-butt" BMWs, and the (my term only) "gaping maw" of the Audi front end that started the huge openings in the front ends of everything including Lexus sedans, looking like other cars isn't always the best thing to do. For instance, the C7 Stingray and Z06 are distinctive-looking, and quite a departure from other brands, IMO.

I'll say that with all the camo and tacked-on boxes or whatever under the covers, I have no idea what the ME will look like---front, side or rear.
Absolutely agree. They tried to copy the aesthetic of the C4 ZR-1 wide body and the C5 butt end was just plain bulbous. Overall I think the C5 is a mediocre looking Corvette w little distinction. Perhaps because it had to be cobbled together due to budgetery constraints. Regardless, not a high water mark for Corvette design. The C6 was better linking back to the original 84 C4 rear end. I like the C7 rear better than the previous 2 generations, but frankly don’t consider anything beyond the C4 to be an “elegant” or pretty design. They have been massive looking and very muscular but not elegant.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:56 AM
elegant
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,196 Times in 592 Posts

I have full faith the ME will be elegant.

And at least one “elegant” will own one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C8 Rendition-What I think is under all the Camo

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: