Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 Mid-Engine Corvette Latest Rendering

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 05:51 PM
bebezote
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mountie55
Put your foot on the brake...... Pull in the paddle shifter & hold it in..... rev it to 3,500RPM....... release the brake....KEEP HOLDING PADDLE SHIFTER... Oh, My Friggi'n God!! LAUNCH CONTROL is orgasmic!!!! (((((The longer you hold in the paddle shifter, the more ***** you have....... >>> Unless a curve is coming up!!
It's neat to see the LED lights between shifts, on the top of steering wheel .

omg... I can just imagine... love launch control... and that 488...sooooo rad... great choice !!!

Old 06-21-2018, 05:52 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by IronV
I pray to god the butt is not that hugely disproportionate.

just the perspective... 488 looks about the same.

of course not perfect but gives an idea with some corrected details.

Still feel the real deal will be much much better...

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 06-21-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:09 PM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
latest rear view...

...still no word from C7pimp ! Hope he is alright!

As usual... Very nice work FVS!!

The only thing I might question, is the dimension/geography of the vent below the tail lights.

From the paint booth pic below, the vent looks like it could wrap around (don't know how they'd do that though... the Mclaren P1 has something kinda like this (see below)), and it looks to start from roughly the 3/4 mark of the taillight; whereas yours starts more at the halfway point of the taillight. There just seems to be more space between the license plate area and the edge of the vent... but that may be due to the angle aye?

Of course we're all just doing our best guessing at this point.

Nonetheless...Great work here... looks awesome!

Last edited by FrankLP; 06-21-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:46 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Regarding the expressed above comment about the height of the rear fascia — and therefore some feeling its rear being too large, a lot of this is visual perspective from which this rendering and typical car drawings are done (and also most pictures taken).

As a parallel when the ZR1 was revealed, some expressed panic about how tall the its ZTK’s rear wing was — and for sure sure it looked like a two story building in some pictures. Yet when I was at the reveal, I was standing next to it (I am 5”11”), and with my upper part of my pointing straight down, I was able to easily/casually rest my elbow on the top of the wing.

I think we also have that same perspective consideration here, in that so many car pictures and drawings are taken/drawn made from mid-car height (as it appears this one is), which is for most of us is about two feet BELOW the height of our eyes.

The roof height of the ME is 48”-49” in all probability, and thus the height of the top of its spoiler is probably no more than the height of my stage 3 Z06’s. Many of us are used to that height.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:01 PM
bebezote
Pro

Originally Posted by elegant
Regarding the expressed above comment about the height of the rear fascia — and therefore some feeling its rear being too large, a lot of this is visual perspective from which this rendering and typical car drawings are done (and also most pictures taken).

As a parallel when the ZR1 was revealed, some expressed panic about how tall the its ZTK’s rear wing was — and for sure sure it looked like a two story building in some pictures. Yet when I was at the reveal, I was standing next to it (I am 5”11”), and with my upper part of my pointing straight down, I was able to easily/casually rest my elbow on the top of the wing.

I think we also have that same perspective consideration here, in that so many car pictures and drawings are taken/drawn made from mid-car height (as it appears this one is), which is for most of us is about two feet BELOW the height of our eyes.

The roof height of the ME is 48”-49” in all probability, and thus the height of the top of its spoiler is probably no more than the height of my stage 3 Z06’s. Many of us are used to that height.

like you said... we're all just speculating... but thats pretty much all we have... being 10 years old again... and playing with toy Ferraris, lambos..and dreaming...

I could do without any rear spoiler, no lip, no raised spoiler...if they can make the downforce work without it... and I'm really sick of the black mesh front and rear grills... in all the geometric shapes... can't wait till that fad dies... like spree wheels.. there has to be another way to free flow and duct air... like the 488 did .. at the inside of the tail lights...

looking at the back of the corvette like that.. is just like looking at a new Lexus suv from the front... weird "attack" angles.. all black mesh...
Old 06-21-2018, 08:10 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by FrankLP
As usual... Very nice work FVS!!

The only thing I might question, is the dimension/geography of the vent below the tail lights.

From the paint booth pic below, the vent looks like it could wrap around (don't know how they'd do that though... the Mclaren P1 has something kinda like this (see below)), and it looks to start from roughly the 3/4 mark of the taillight; whereas yours starts more at the halfway point of the taillight. There just seems to be more space between the license plate area and the edge of the vent... but that may be due to the angle aye?

Of course we're all just doing our best guessing at this point.

Nonetheless...Great work here... looks awesome!
Thanks!

I agree, it's not perfect. Don't know yet what the inserts in the paint shop fascia will look like, or how much will overhang etc.

Note the CAD. The vent does not seem to "wrap" around very much if at all. Some trim may but no idea how.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:38 PM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

Thanks!

I agree, it's not perfect. Don't know yet what the inserts in the paint shop fascia will look like, or how much will overhang etc.

Note the CAD. The vent does not seem to "wrap" around very much if at all. Some trim may but no idea how.

Excellent point FVS... I sit corrected! Definitely doesn't wrap around according to the CAD... I should've checked those.

There's quite a bit of good data/info that you've used to create these renders... I trust your interpretation. I'll always throw my 2 cents in... and at times that's about all it's worth!

Last edited by FrankLP; 06-21-2018 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:40 PM
Stingcan
Instructor

Received 163 Likes on 56 Posts

latest rear view...

I thought I saw him post about a week ago... maybe I should just put the bottle down....
Old 06-21-2018, 08:46 PM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Received 495 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Latest Rear view. What we like vs what is real...

latest rear view...

I am mindful that FVS is doing an excellent job attempting to discern what the thing looks like. That's much different than trying to produce something we "like."

For my own taste, the latest rendering scares the hell out of me. The first vision that popped in my head was the Aztek. Another cacophony of bloat, ***, and angles. What's jarringly different from the 3/4 rear Ferrari view is the height from the top of the wheel well to the top of the fender. It looks to be at least twice the distance as we see on the Ferrari.

The Ferrari rear is a much more organic, integrated design. The C8 rear looks like a big, fat, expanse of plastic with random detail etched into it.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:49 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by FrankLP
Excellent point FVS... I sit corrected! Definitely doesn't wrap around according to the CAD... I should've checked those.

There's quite a bit of good data/info that you've used to create these renders... I trust your interpretation. I'll always throw my 2 cents in... and at times that's about all it's worth!

Glad you do.! We need to keep looking and questioning. I am only interpreting and kind of melding concepts that are not clear. We are all just guessing at this point. I will not be surprised when the reveal shows a completely different looking and strikingly more dramatic looking car!

Old 06-21-2018, 08:53 PM
bebezote
Pro

I am mindful that FVS is doing an excellent job attempting to discern what the thing looks like. That's much different than trying to produce something we "like."

For my own taste, the latest rendering scares the hell out of me. The first vision that popped in my head was the Aztek. Another cacophony of bloat, ***, and angles. What's jarringly different from the 3/4 rear Ferrari view is the height from the top of the wheel well to the top of the fender. It looks to be at least twice the distance as we see on the Ferrari.

The Ferrari rear is a much more organic, integrated design. The C8 rear looks like a big, fat, expanse of plastic with random detail etched into it.

thats a good point...the top of the wheel arch..to the top of the fender swoosh... I see what you mean... a lot like the new camaro.... and compared to the 488 its a huge difference... the 488 has almost like the vintage GTO type fender.. not as tall..
Old 06-21-2018, 08:55 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Don't be scared... It will be alright!

I am sure the final result will be much more harmonious and aesthetically pleasing. Even the 488 looks "funny" from certain angles/perspectives. The ones we are working from are exaggerated so they look a little off.

The rear wheel may be off sized in perspective. I will check and revise if needed.

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 06-21-2018 at 08:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
IronV (06-21-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 08:56 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Stingcan
I thought I saw him post about a week ago... maybe I should just put the bottle down....

He did post but has not commented on the renderings any more. Maybe he has been silenced!
Old 06-21-2018, 08:58 PM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Default 488 rear and such

I am sure the final result will be much more harmonious and aesthetically pleasing. Even the 488 looks "funny" from certain angles/perspectives. The ones we are working from are exaggerated so they look a little off.
I'm actually not a fan of the 488 design. Oh well. But my point about the rear comparison can be expressed by the imprecise but vivid phrase "The 488 looks like it's wider than it is tall. The C8 looks like it's taller than it is wide..."
Old 06-21-2018, 09:02 PM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Default The Pimp has gone to ground...

He did post but has not commented on the renderings any more. Maybe he has been silenced!
I just hope he didn't lose his job or jeopardize a company contract or that kind of disproportionate, spiteful vengeance. Corporate attorneys are free to spend lots of time and energy being a-holes.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:05 PM
Bikerjulio
Burning Brakes

Received 381 Likes on 221 Posts

Just look at the side view of the mule I just posted. Look at the wheel height in comparison to the fender height. I think the criticism here is right and that you've exaggerated the height of the fender.

I really hate to criticize since I see you put so much work into this. But don't exaggerate the perspective so much. Stand back at a normal viewing angle from a normal person. Not the view of a 4' tall person standing 10' away.

BTW I really like the idea of a satin bluish grey

Last edited by Bikerjulio; 06-21-2018 at 09:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
IronV (06-21-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 09:13 PM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Default FVS has a thick skin

Originally Posted by Bikerjulio
Just look at the side view of the mule I just posted. Look at the wheel height in comparison to the fender height. I think the criticism here is right and that you've exaggerated the height of the fender.

I really hate to criticize since I see you put so much work into this. But don't exaggerate the perspective so much. Stand back at a normal viewing angle from a normal person. Not the view of a 4' tall person standing 10' away.
I'm confident FVS gets that we're all trying to give him our best clues. He's trying to produce reality. Whatever that is!

Get notified of new replies

To 2020 Mid-Engine Corvette Latest Rendering

Old 06-21-2018, 09:21 PM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Default Original Pimp Sketch rear fender detail

[QUOTE=Bikerjulio;1597455167]Just look at the side view of the mule I just posted. Look at the wheel height in comparison to the fender height. I think the criticism here is right and that you've exaggerated the height of the fender.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

The original Pimp sketch does comport to the direct side view of the prototype. FVS, note the top of the rear fender line is more "flat" and much less arched like an eyebrow.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:39 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

[QUOTE=IronV;1597455258]
Originally Posted by Bikerjulio

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

The original Pimp sketch does comport to the direct side view of the prototype. FVS, note the top of the rear fender line is more "flat" and much less arched like an eyebrow.
I know, but he also said he did not/could not draw it correctly.

He also said the ACS render as well as the MT and C&D rear renders were pretty much it...

I don't think the views he saw allowed him to be 100% sure.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:48 PM
mountie55
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I like the Corvette looking sketch... As if looking from above, it has the looks & lines of a 'Vette, still . Keep it classic. IMO

Quick Reply: 2020 Mid-Engine Corvette Latest Rendering