Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACS speculating the C8

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 03:19 PM
senah
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblock427
Overall I think yours is close. But the aperture panel on the rendered care does not look like the below spy shot.

the trim piece on this engine compartment cooling intake looks like it came from home depot. hopefully it's just a styrofoam hoax.

Last edited by senah; 02-03-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:10 PM
blb078
Racer

Received 198 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by senah
the trim piece on this engine compartment cooling intake looks like it came from home depot. hopefully it's just a styrofoam hoax.
Probably neither a trim piece nor hoax, more than likely just something they put in there to keep the wrap opened up to allow air to flow in due to it being more forward of where the actual intake is.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:00 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaka

The vanishing point should be the blue lines at A and B. Wheels have too much negative camber. What program are you using? Do you have 3 axis projection or perspective control?
You get this type of distortion when importing a photo taken with the wrong lens. Spy shots are usually powerful lenses.

Last edited by Shaka; 02-03-2018 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:24 PM
Ronstar
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ACS Composite
That is a good point, made a change to the side view.
I think you are very close on the first render. The side intake scoop is still a bit of a mystery but I think the first is probably closer that the second one. Second one definitely too small and probably won’t go into the door
Old 02-03-2018, 07:32 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

As you mentioned, just go back to the C7 posts on this forum at the comparable time a year before its 1.13.13 reveal, and lots were bemoaning that they are not feeling the C7’s renderings, concerned about that they are not going to like it.

The ME exterior design team, with just one member leaving, one new person substituted in, is the same design team as did the C7.

I am not worried about the ME. I am excited — just wish it were being revealed this coming week.
The following users liked this post:
NewYuriCity (02-03-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 08:04 PM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,141 Likes on 540 Posts

Probably the most accurate render we've yet seen. I just hope there isn't the same, tired, tacked on spoiler crap. Something integrated or deployable is in order with this car.....a clean design would be a nice change. I love my C7 GS, but c'mon.....the after-thought ground effects, spats, and spoiler add a bunch of clutter to an already busy design.
The following 2 users liked this post by VETTE-NV:
blb078 (02-04-2018), OnPoint (02-04-2018)
Old 02-04-2018, 01:44 AM
GordyRay
VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 111 Likes on 62 Posts

Default Horrible look!!!!!!!!

Not to offend anyone, because we are all excited about the up and coming ME Corvette C8. However, if it looks like this rendering, I will never purchase another Corvette. The front is hideous and short and stumpy looking. The side view is bland. I do like the back side. I like the rendering view from the other threads but this just looks like ****. The C4, C5, C7 and C7 all look great. That is why I purchased several Corvettes over the years but if it looks like this....no way in hell will I spend my money on this. There is no flare or excitement in this body version. The hood and doors need some enhancements. Please don't take this personally but it makes me think of the Nissan 300Z in the last years of the model. The C7 looks very much like a Ferrari; this version does not to me.
Make the hood and side look better. Extend the front end so it is not so stubby and short and then it will have some flare and flash. Thank you for your efforts regardless.
Shaka (02-04-2018)
Old 02-04-2018, 09:26 AM
WBT
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by GordyRay
Not to offend anyone, because we are all excited about the up and coming ME Corvette C8. However, if it looks like this rendering, I will never purchase another Corvette. The front is hideous and short and stumpy looking. The side view is bland. I do like the back side. I like the rendering view from the other threads but this just looks like ****. The C4, C5, C7 and C7 all look great. That is why I purchased several Corvettes over the years but if it looks like this....no way in hell will I spend my money on this. There is no flare or excitement in this body version. The hood and doors need some enhancements. Please don't take this personally but it makes me think of the Nissan 300Z in the last years of the model. The C7 looks very much like a Ferrari; this version does not to me.
Make the hood and side look better. Extend the front end so it is not so stubby and short and then it will have some flare and flash. Thank you for your efforts regardless.
I unfortunately agree with everything that you have written.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:12 AM
MidLVR
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Here’s the ACS Composite C8 Corvette speculation our design team made based on some of the spy shots floating around. No ACS Composite ground effects kit on it...yet 😏How do you think we did? Anything you add to it? Happy weekend!
very Solid....Im just hoping for a more contoured front hood.....the grill inlets are what i think the C5 C6 and C7 always were missing and the ME should have incredible european look with the huge cutouts and inlets on the front bumper area
But, I think a more contoured Hood with perhaps a cut out would give it a more exotic look
I give ACS 9.5/10.....Great job
Old 02-04-2018, 10:40 AM
Shaka
Safety Car

Originally Posted by C8soon
very Solid....Im just hoping for a more contoured front hood.....the grill inlets are what i think the C5 C6 and C7 always were missing and the ME should have incredible european look with the huge cutouts and inlets on the front bumper area
But, I think a more contoured Hood with perhaps a cut out would give it a more exotic look
I give ACS 9.5/10.....Great job

F... the Europeans. What's the matter with you?
Old 02-04-2018, 11:11 AM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

A couple more who have strong opinions. Wonder if when GM’s actual, drop dead gorgeous ME is revealed, we later see their posts proudly posing with their pictures?

For we all remember similar posts to above about non-GM C7 renderings a year before the 1.13.13 reveal, and we all know at least one, usually several, current C7 owners who have a crush on their C7, yet in 2012 hated all the C7 renderings.

Hmmm.

Last edited by elegant; 02-04-2018 at 11:12 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by elegant:
RoketRdr (02-05-2018), ZL-1 (02-09-2018)
Old 02-04-2018, 11:35 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,153 Likes on 5,984 Posts

Very coherent rendering based on all the data to date, but it looks like a McLaren to me... needs more "Corvette" design language on the side. The fender "gills" may indeed be gone with the conversion to a mid-rear engine, but they are a major "Corvette" style item.
Shaka (02-04-2018)
Old 02-04-2018, 12:58 PM
senah
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by blb078
Probably neither a trim piece nor hoax, more than likely just something they put in there to keep the wrap opened up to allow air to flow in due to it being more forward of where the actual intake is.
good point. what i like best about what this could be showing is that it matches the cooling intake contour of mikeg37's projected design which though somewhat conservative, is overall a clean, pretty design.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:51 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by senah
good point. what i like best about what this could be showing is that it matches the cooling intake contour of mikeg37's projected design which though somewhat conservative, is overall a clean, pretty design.
How does the side air intake on this render match MikeG37s projected design... they are completely different...
Attached Images   
Old 02-04-2018, 03:16 PM
dcbingaman
Burning Brakes

Received 342 Likes on 207 Posts

That is a good point, made a change to the side view.
Big improvement. The C8 borrows from the gorgeous Aria concept car for the rear inlets - only question is whether the cowl edge is straight and leaning forward or curved and arcing forward.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:24 PM
senah
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
How does the side air intake on this render match MikeG37s projected design... they are completely different...
i was talking about the curved piece under the camouflage in the picture in my post # 21.

if you read 21, 22 and 33, you'll follow the exchange.

Last edited by senah; 02-04-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:41 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by dcbingaman
Big improvement. The C8 borrows from the gorgeous Aria concept car for the rear inlets - only question is whether the cowl edge is straight and leaning forward or curved and arcing forward.
IF the CAD images are correct/current, then the shape is arcing/leaning forward with a curve.

The BIG question is if it is covered by a CF cowl ( I would guess yes) and how that will be executed. There are attachment holes under and behind the scoop suggesting a more or less straight line under the scoop leading to the wheel-well.

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 02-04-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To ACS speculating the C8

Old 02-04-2018, 03:50 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
There are attachment holes under and behind the scoop suggesting a more or less straight line under the scoop leading to the wheel-well.
What holes are you referring to? Can you point them out? Some of you folks must have hawk eyes...
Old 02-04-2018, 04:14 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
What holes are you referring to? Can you point them out? Some of you folks must have hawk eyes...

In the side view, the CAD scoop is approximated and stretched and straightened in to the correct position. It is close but may not be the exact shape.

If not for trim, what could those holes be for?

Let me know what you all think...

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 02-04-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:02 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Originally Posted by GordyRay
Here is the nose extended. Mitchell's Stingray and the C3 are the best looking cars ever let alone Vettes. I'm with you. From what I've seen of the C8, it falls far short of my expectations.

This is the natural progession of these beauties.

Last edited by Shaka; 02-04-2018 at 05:50 PM.

Quick Reply: ACS speculating the C8