Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got a sneak peek!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 09:07 PM
07MontyRed
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 215 Likes on 139 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13,'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon

At least I tried to visualize it with very little info... what have you done but belittle everyone's efforts and suck the fun out of it? For shame...
Firstvettesoon ... I for one (and I suspect there are many) really appreciate all the work you have put into your renderings. I doubt the car will look exactly like any of them, but the speculation is fun and you have way more talent than I (or, most probably, any of your detractors). So please keep up the cool work ... don't get embroiled with the haters ... thanks again!

Last edited by 07MontyRed; 02-14-2018 at 09:07 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 07MontyRed:
bgspot (02-16-2018), firstvettesoon (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 09:09 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaka
He was being polite. He hurt your feelings. No ego, ha.
Why are you talking to me? Like I said, I don't give a damn. Run along now.
He didn't hurt my feelings. I "asked" him to use them to get a better idea of what the real car looks like. You can't make things better without understanding what works and what doesn't.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:11 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,316 Likes on 990 Posts

He was given a warning...lol...I'd bet....
Old 02-14-2018, 09:11 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by 07MontyRed
Firstvettesoon ... I for one (and I suspect there are many) really appreciate all the work you have put into your renderings. I doubt the car will look exactly like any of them, but the speculation is fun and you have way more talent than I (or, most probably, any of your detractors). So please keep up the cool work ... don't get embroiled with the haters ... thanks again!
''Don't want to derail this interesting thread with responses to your inane drivel. Please continue C7pimp !''

Watch him violate this declaration. He can't help himself. It's his ego, you know?
Old 02-14-2018, 09:12 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 07MontyRed
Thanks. I totally agree.

More than anything I am only trying to pin down details of what is where.

I'm sure we will all be astonished when we see the ME for the first time.

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 02-14-2018 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:20 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,072 Likes on 6,171 Posts

Originally Posted by bigsapper

And for the record, I'm on record that the mid-engine sports car will not be badged as a Corvette.
For the record, you are wrong.
The following users liked this post:
Glenn Quagmire (02-15-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 09:31 PM
bigsapper
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 294 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
For the record, you are wrong.
Cadillac.

And that's all I got to say about that.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:55 PM
B-Myster
Melting Slicks

Received 171 Likes on 58 Posts

Shame on you. That's not yours...
You only altered it slightly. At least give credit to the original artist at ACS !

Why not post that sketch ( and I use the term loosely ) of yours instead?
Don't even waste your time responding to him. He comes across as a bitter old man just like your avatar. His doodles are 4th grade art at best.

I appreciate your efforts in trying to guess the design based on what has been photographed and posted, so keep at it. I like quite a few of your renders.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:58 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by B-Myster
Don't even waste your time responding to him. He comes across as a bitter old man just like your avatar. His doodles are 4th grade art at best.

I appreciate your efforts in trying to guess the design based on what has been photographed and posted, so keep at it. I like quite a few of your renders.
Thanks!

With C7pimp and ZERVs help, maybe we can get a little closer before next January... Otherwise it will be a long wait!

Another Q for C7pimp...
Was this guy right? not rear but Front fenders?

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 02-14-2018 at 11:50 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:10 AM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

He didn't hurt my feelings. I "asked" him to use them to get a better idea of what the real car looks like. You can't make things better without understanding what works and what doesn't.
Ignore Shaka the guy is a DH plan and simple. Runs his mouth about things he is dead wrong about yet claims to be an expert on each and every thread he post too.

I appreciate all your hard work and keep it up. It's fun to have someone with your skill set give us your ideas of what might be under all that Camo.

I don't think anyone of us who is rational expect that your hitting the design dead on. But at least your putting some different and we'll done rendering out there for us all to discuss.

One thing I am sure we all can agree on with the exception of Mr DH is that the C8 with be stunning and GM will have a Hugh hit on their hands.

my only wish is that they break from traditional and give us a HI PO version and not just the base when it's released in 2019.

I am hopeful of this just because it make no sense if GM will continue to sell the C7 Z06 & Zr1 that the latest greatest Corvette will be on sale with 2 older models that out perform it.

A guy can only hope!!
Old 02-15-2018, 12:27 AM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Cadillac. And that's all I got to say about that.
Glad you are done repeating erroneous information, though if you wish, here is a thread where you can do so.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-corvette.html

Additiionally, here is what the OP, who has seen pictures of the ME, posted:

Originally Posted by c7pimp
“It doesn't look like a Ferrari, it doesn't look like a McLaren, it doesn't look like an NSX, or any other mid-engine vehicle. It looks like a corvette. They retained the recognizable identity that is pure to the Corvette.”
RoketRdr (02-15-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 12:29 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by vetteman41960
Ignore Shaka the guy is a DH plan and simple. Runs his mouth about things he is dead wrong about yet claims to be an expert on each and every thread he post too.

I appreciate all your hard work and keep it up. It's fun to have someone with your skill set give us your ideas of what might be under all that Camo.

I don't think anyone of us who is rational expect that your hitting the design dead on. But at least your putting some different and we'll done rendering out there for us all to discuss.

One thing I am sure we all can agree on with the exception of Mr DH is that the C8 with be stunning and GM will have a Hugh hit on their hands.

my only wish is that they break from traditional and give us a HI PO version and not just the base when it's released in 2019.

I am hopeful of this just because it make no sense if GM will continue to sell the C7 Z06 & Zr1 that the latest greatest Corvette will be on sale with 2 older models that out perform it.

A guy can only hope!!

I agree, and thanks for the kind words.

What is everyone thinking on the power/performance of the first ME? I cant imagine that the first offering would be SO anemic that they would get underwhelming reviews. That would be brand suicide for sure. I would think that the first car needs to be something of a giant killer to really drive the message home.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:32 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by elegant
Glad you are done repeating erroneous information, though if you wish, here is a thread where you can do so.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-corvette.html

Additiionally, here is what the OP, who has seen pictures of the ME, posted:
He also said:

Corvette badge is on the nose just like always, FYI...

I think it is really great that he recognizes the ME as a Corvette. This is key.

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 02-15-2018 at 12:35 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:37 AM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Thanks firstvettesoon! I too am part of the vast majority of this forum who greatly appreciates all that you have added to our understandings of the ME, especially thankful for your skilled renderings.
firstvettesoon (02-15-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 02:00 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,141 Likes on 540 Posts

Best ME thread yet.
IronV (02-25-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 02:49 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

I'll be sorely disappointed if the C8 looks like a cookie cutter European supercar.
I didn't know there was even such a thing as "a cookie cutter European supercar!"

And for the record, I'm on record that the mid-engine sports car will not be badged as a Corvette.
I am too...if, and only IF, it is an AWD Hybrid small turbo.

Originally Posted by B-Myster
Same here.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:40 AM
Stew24
Pro

Received 174 Likes on 102 Posts

My latest take on what the C8 hides under the camo! Some have been trying to force feed the idea that the roof will follow the C7 type quarter glass windows. Thankfully the O.P. has put that notion to rest! The upswing aft of the doors is seen on almost every mule if you look carefully. You can see the cut lines of it, that are trying to be hidden by the crazzy wrap. Laferarri type side scoops were seen way back in '15 on this early C8 render that I modified.
Attached Images  
The following 3 users liked this post by Stew24:
blb078 (02-15-2018), C7pimp (02-15-2018), JerriVette (02-17-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To I got a sneak peek!

Old 02-15-2018, 09:44 AM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

like this or this?

Say fellahs, take a look at your hero's post above. C7pimp says he has missed the mark. What do you think? Don't be fooled by the bling. He is looking at the same information that you and I are and comes up with this. He has two outlets on top of the hood but there are no radiators in front of them. I traced these sketches directly off the spy shots when they became available. ACS incorporates what I have on my sketches. I modified this render a little to comport with what I see.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:18 AM
DanSavage
Safety Car

Received 175 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaka
Say fellahs, take a look at your hero's post above. C7pimp says he has missed the mark. What do you think? Don't be fooled by the bling. He is looking at the same information that you and I are and comes up with this.

Your sketches make the C8 look like a Mitsubishi 3000GT.

Last edited by DanSavage; 02-15-2018 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:17 AM
gurneyeagle
Burning Brakes

Received 630 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by C7pimp
Jeff, the taillights are not square. Look at the direction of the rear bumper triangle that goes into the side of the tail light, and at the angle of the corresponding matching contours that divide each tail light segment in the CAD image. They are angled.

Come on Pimp, you are so out in left field with this post that it's almost irresponsible and reckless.

From what I've read on this forum for the past three years by the real experts - the Hawaiian shirt, white socks and sandals crowd - here's what one can truly surmise:
  1. there will never be an ME Corvette;
  2. any ME car will be a Cadillac;
  3. the Corvette is front engine ME already; no need to change;
  4. no one can afford an ME $120K Corvette; hell, no one can afford any $120K Corvette;
  5. if chrome wheels aren't offered, it's DOA;
  6. if no manual transmission; it's DOA;
  7. an ME Corvette will so drastically part with tradition, it will kill the brand.
  8. nobody wants an ME Corvette.
I hope in the future the spreading of these lies will subside and we can all look forward to the real C8 design we all hope for - hidden headlights, round tail lights, four speed manual, whitewalls, and potentially a vinyl top.
The following 4 users liked this post by gurneyeagle:
bgspot (02-16-2018), firstvettesoon (02-15-2018), JerriVette (02-17-2018), sunsalem (02-15-2018)

Quick Reply: I got a sneak peek!