Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got a sneak peek!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 11:24 AM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Stew24
My latest take on what the C8 hides under the camo! Some have been trying to force feed the idea that the roof will follow the C7 type quarter glass windows. Thankfully the O.P. has put that notion to rest! The upswing aft of the doors is seen on almost every mule if you look carefully. You can see the cut lines of it, that are trying to be hidden by the crazzy wrap. Laferarri type side scoops were seen way back in '15 on this early C8 render that I modified.
The tallest person that could drive this car is about 4 foot 6"

You are correct that the rear quarter is not shaped like the C7. Past the door, it sweeps upward. Not quite so abruptly or rounded as shown here in your rendering pic.

It basically follows the shape of the tarp, but it begins lower where the top of the door is.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:25 AM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Originally Posted by DanSavage
Your sketches make the C8 look like a Mitsubishi 3000GT.
His sketches are so bad that his "mid engine" car looks like a front, transverse engine Mitsu from the early 90s

He claims to design cars for a living. Maybe we've finally found the creative genius responsible for this?

The following users liked this post:
firstvettesoon (02-15-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 11:28 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaka
Say fellahs, take a look at your hero's post above. C7pimp says he has missed the mark. What do you think? Don't be fooled by the bling. He is looking at the same information that you and I are and comes up with this. He has two outlets on top of the hood but there are no radiators in front of them. I traced these sketches directly off the spy shots when they became available. ACS incorporates what I have on my sketches. I modified this render a little to comport with what I see.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:35 AM
C7pimp
Drifting

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Come on Pimp, you are so out in left field with this post that it's almost irresponsible and reckless.

From what I've read on this forum for the past three years by the real experts - the Hawaiian shirt, white socks and sandals crowd - here's what one can truly surmise:
  1. there will never be an ME Corvette;
  2. any ME car will be a Cadillac;
  3. the Corvette is front engine ME already; no need to change;
  4. no one can afford an ME $120K Corvette; hell, no one can afford any $120K Corvette;
  5. if chrome wheels aren't offered, it's DOA;
  6. if no manual transmission; it's DOA;
  7. an ME Corvette will so drastically part with tradition, it will kill the brand.
  8. nobody wants an ME Corvette.
I hope in the future the spreading of these lies will subside and we can all look forward to the real C8 design we all hope for - hidden headlights, round tail lights, four speed manual, whitewalls, and potentially a vinyl top.

LMAO

"It's a cadillac"

WTF? Since the car has corvette badging, these guys saying this are stupid.

If they do a new XLR caddy off this, I don't have a clue about it. Would be sweet if they did but all these spy shots are certainly a corvette. The pictures (2 of them) I saw are certainly a corvette.

Last edited by C7pimp; 02-15-2018 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:36 AM
C7pimp
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jeff V.
His sketches are so bad that his "mid engine" car looks like a front, transverse engine Mitsu from the early 90s

He claims to design cars for a living. Maybe we've finally found the creative genius responsible for this?

Is that an Ferraroghini Enzocountach replica?
Old 02-15-2018, 11:42 AM
blb078
Racer

Received 198 Likes on 102 Posts

My question to the OP would be what proof do you have that we can believe you actually saw it? I'm not saying you did not see it or did see it for that matter, but I could of just as easily made the same post you did and I have no clue what it is nor have I seen it. Other than saying you know a supplier who shown you pics, well again I could of said that. For all we know everyone here is chasing an image that he may/or may not have seen. Again I'm not trying to discredit you completely but how many people have came on here in the past about various versions of past Vettes saying they have seen X when really they haven't seen anything. So my question would be where is the proof you have seen it?
Old 02-15-2018, 11:44 AM
gurneyeagle
Burning Brakes

Received 630 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by C7pimp
LMAO

"It's a cadillac"

WTF? Since the car has corvette badging, these guys saying this are stupid.

If they do a new XLR caddy off this, I don't have a clue about it. Would be sweet if they did but all these spy shots are certainly a corvette. The pictures (2 of them) I saw are certainly a corvette.

Expect the Caddy version to incorporate fake wire wheels, gangster whitewalls, fender skirts, gold badging and a padded vinyl top with opera windows. It will prove very popular on the I-95 corridor in Florida.

Sadly, I fear the optional cassette/CD player won't make the cut.

Last edited by gurneyeagle; 02-15-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:49 AM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by blb078
My question to the OP would be what proof do you have that we can believe you actually saw it? I'm not saying you did not see it or did see it for that matter, but I could of just as easily made the same post you did and I have no clue what it is nor have I seen it. Other than saying you know a supplier who shown you pics, well again I could of said that. For all we know everyone here is chasing an image that he may/or may not have seen. Again I'm not trying to discredit you completely but how many people have came on here in the past about various versions of past Vettes saying they have seen X when really they haven't seen anything. So my question would be where is the proof you have seen it?
My first thoughts also. If he traced the spy shots as I did, perhaps he can fill in the 'correct' blancs.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:52 AM
C7pimp
Drifting

To answer your question directly, the only way to prove it is to post the pictures and I'm not going to do that.

I don't want to give you guys the impression that the pictures I saw are official GM press release photos or anything like that.

This is what GM released for the C7. The photos I have seen are NOT like this.

The pictures I have seen were off a computer image of the car. Full view of the car, but it's not a polished and professional shot. Similar to this Benz, which is from crash test simulations (I just ripped this image of the net from a search):

Last edited by C7pimp; 02-15-2018 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:55 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

I'll put another version out there to see where it needs to change to get closer...

As far as overall feel and shape?

Any comments on the "features" shown such as the hood outlets, this shows a center outlet and front/side outlet similar to 488.

Top rear fender inlets ?

Side scoop and coke bottle mid section?

Any "wing" or spoiler? The CAD seemed to show an area for some structure to sit/fit?

Thanks again for your comments!

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 02-15-2018 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:05 PM
blb078
Racer

Received 198 Likes on 102 Posts

To answer your question directly, the only way to prove it is to post the pictures and I'm not going to do that.

I don't want to give you guys the impression that the pictures I saw are official GM press release photos or anything like that.

The pictures I have seen were off a computer image of the car. Full view of the car, but it's not a polished and professional shot. Similar to this Benz, which is from crash test simulations (I just ripped this image of the net from a search):

So again it comes down to what proof do you have, which right now is none. If the person who has shown you the pics exists, then they willing have shown you pics knowing that you have no obligation to keep them secret. So they know at anytime they could/would be posted on the internet. So why would they show you pics of the car hoping that you would just randomly keep them secret when they them-self after signing an NDA can't even keep them secret? Whether you have actually seen it or not doesn't bother me, but this happens all the time on every forum with every new car where someone comes along saying they've "seen it" but have no proof to back it up, or say they wont post the proof to back it up. Call me a skeptic which is fine, if you've seen it great but how many of us have been through this dog and pony show before? If the car really is going to be revealed in early '19 then the covers will come off it late summer/early fall and the artists on here by then will be able to get it 80-90% correct by then, assuming the covers come off.

Last edited by blb078; 02-15-2018 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:08 PM
C7pimp
Drifting

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
I'll put another version out there to see where it needs to change to get closer...

As far as overall feel and shape?

Any comments on the "features" shown such as the hood outlets, this shows a center outlet and front/side outlet similar to 488.

Top rear fender inlets ?

Side scoop and coke bottle mid section?

Any "wing" or spoiler? The CAD seemed to show an area for some structure to sit/fit?

Thanks again for your comments!

I'm going to take this image and pencil in some lines to give you a proper look. Give me a day or two to get it all in.
The following 11 users liked this post by C7pimp:
Atari_Prime (02-15-2018), elegant (02-15-2018), firstvettesoon (02-15-2018), got2bblu (02-15-2018), keagan (02-15-2018), LB001 (02-15-2018), millpond (02-15-2018), NewYuriCity (02-15-2018), SpeedyD (02-15-2018), sunsalem (02-15-2018), zhopper05 (03-08-2018) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-15-2018, 12:10 PM
C7pimp
Drifting

So again it comes down to what proof do you have, which right now is none. If the person who has shown you the pics exists, then they willing have shown you pics knowing that you have no obligation to keep them secret. So they know at anytime they could/would be posted on the internet. So why would they show you pics of the car hoping that you would just randomly keep them secret when they them-self after signing an NDA can't even keep them secret? Whether you have actually seen it or not doesn't bother me, but this happens all the time on every forum with every new car where someone comes along saying they've "seen it" but have no proof to back it up, or say they wont post the proof to back it up. Call me a skeptic which is fine, if you've seen it great but how many of us have been through this dog and pony show before? If the car really is going to be revealed in early '19 then the covers will come off it late summer/early fall and the artists on here by then will be able to get it 80-90% correct by then, assuming the covers come off.
If I post the pictures, it will be blatantly obvious as to the source of them which will have obvious consequences. That's why I won't post them.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:12 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Well, take an existing render and modify it. Simple. A pencil will do. If you can't do it, I can't trust your descriptions.

Old 02-15-2018, 12:16 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Who cares if he's actually seen it or not? Nobody in their right mind is going to post the photos and burn a friend and/or business contact. Maybe he's an outright liar. Or maybe he's 100% accurate. What difference does it make?

The things he's saying at least sound plausible, and they're spurring us to have new discussions and ideas of what it could look like. This is supposed to be fun. Don't take it so damn seriously.
The following 11 users liked this post by Jeff V.:
-vet (02-19-2018), 2017C7 (02-15-2018), bgspot (02-16-2018), firstvettesoon (02-15-2018), Patches (02-15-2018), PCK1221 (03-01-2018), RJ-92 (02-15-2018), SpeedyD (02-15-2018), VETTE-NV (02-15-2018), WesC7 (02-17-2018), zhopper05 (03-08-2018) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Atari_Prime
Drifting

Received 555 Likes on 315 Posts

So again it comes down to what proof do you have, which right now is none.
Dude, shut up. He's not here to offer proof. He's already said that. If you don't want to listen to what he has to say, you don't have to.
The following 6 users liked this post by Atari_Prime:
-vet (02-19-2018), bgspot (02-16-2018), larryfdx (02-15-2018), pkincy (02-17-2018), RoketRdr (02-15-2018), SpeedyD (02-15-2018) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
RandomTask
Race Director

Received 276 Likes on 144 Posts

Is that an Ferraroghini Enzocountach replica?
It's a rolling tragedy.
bgspot (02-16-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To I got a sneak peek!

C7pimp
Drifting

Originally Posted by Shaka
Well, take an existing render and modify it. Simple. A pencil will do. If you can't do it, I can't trust your descriptions.

Already said I would do that a couple posts up. Give me a couple days.
Shaka (02-15-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 12:22 PM
tome
Melting Slicks

Received 321 Likes on 140 Posts

If I post the pictures, it will be blatantly obvious as to the source of them which will have obvious consequences. That's why I won't post them.
Good for you! I also have information that I haven't shared with anyone as it would be known who gave it to me. I'm not going to betray a trust placed in me to be "popular" on the internet. That said the car is going to be awesome!!!!!!!
JerriVette (02-17-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 12:28 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Everybody knows somebody!!

I don't care what it looks like. Someone just tell me the platform code. Is it Y2xx or is it something else?

Last edited by Jeff V.; 02-15-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Quick Reply: I got a sneak peek!