Could GMs Plan be to force Stingray buyers to Camaro by pricing the C8 high? - Page 16 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C8 Corvette > C8 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Could GMs Plan be to force Stingray buyers to Camaro by pricing the C8 high?

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could GMs Plan be to force Stingray buyers to Camaro by pricing the C8 high?

Old 10-13-2018, 04:29 PM
Zaro Tundov
CF Member

Originally Posted by raylo View Post
My mind will remain open to the ME C8 until we can see them IRL to evaluate people room, storage, etc.

You'll be able to fit three passengers in the car with only mild dismemberment. Five if you have a chainsaw.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zaro Tundov For This Useful Post:
firstvettesoon (10-15-2018)
Old 10-13-2018, 05:40 PM
raylo
CF Senior Member

LOL... as long as we can carry half of the better half! ;-) But by people room I mean driver legroom, headroom, and shoulder room.

Originally Posted by Zaro Tundov View Post
You'll be able to fit three passengers in the car with only mild dismemberment. Five if you have a chainsaw.

Last edited by raylo; 10-13-2018 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:11 PM
falcon5619
CF Senior Member

By "high end" I'm thinking Lexus, Porsche, Infinity. Corvette doesn't hold a candle to them in terms of reliability, especially forced induction Corvette models.
I would not put Infiniti in that list. Infiniti is just a rebadged Nissan and is not in the same league as Lexus from a reliability perspective. What Lexus and Infiniti do have in common is that they both make boring luxury sports sedans.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:15 PM
roadbike56
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '16-'17

Originally Posted by yellowmnm View Post
First of all, they are most likely to discontinue the C7 according to everything I have heard now! Yes there were rumors of that! It has changed by recent comments from Gm executives. my Guess is the base C8 will probably sell for $ 64,995 to $69,995.
I don't think they'll discontinue the FE car. However, the selling price you're quoting is about right if the entry level car has an automatic transmission.
I base this on C7 sales from 2017 and 2018, because those years include the GS model. During those years, about 15% of sales were base (non-Z51) Stingray coupes with 1LT, and most had automatic transmissions. In other words, cars that had an MSRP in the $60K range +/- $1K. Allowing for a small bump in price due to the new design and you're at the $65K entry level price you referenced. Under those circumstances, you might be correct that there will be only one Corvette, the ME. However, many folks, including myself, don't think the ME Corvette is going to come in anywhere near $65K. I'm thinking more like at least $75K and it will replace all the wide body model C7s. The FE continues on at a lower price to compete with lower priced Porsche.
One thing to think about. At $65K, the Corvette is going head to head with the Boxter. There would no longer be a Corvette priced lower than any Porsche. Raising the price is not without its consequences.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:43 PM
roadbike56
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '16-'17

By "high end" I'm thinking Lexus, Porsche, Infinity. Corvette doesn't hold a candle to them in terms of reliability, especially forced induction Corvette models.
Ah yes, Lexus reliability. You mean like the RUBBER high pressure oil cooler hose they installed on tens of thousands of 3500 V6 engines? That reliability? But hey, Lexus recognized this is a problem and extended the warranty.....on the hose. As for your engine that dumped its guts when all the oil blew all over the road from the split hose, you're on your own. So guys like me shelled out the coin to have the hoses replaced with a one piece steel unit. But we're lucky. We haven't experienced the well known steering rack problems that plagues many RX 350 owners.
We own 2 Lexus autos. They are good cars but they're not bullet proof as some believe. I doubt our next SUV will be a Lexus and for damn sure won't be a German car. If we bought one now, it would be a GM car, either a Buick or a Cadillac.

Last edited by roadbike56; 10-15-2018 at 10:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to roadbike56 For This Useful Post:
ArmchairArchitect (10-16-2018)
Old 10-15-2018, 11:02 PM
tcweidner

I think all top model luxury cars these days become money pits at around 8 to 10 years time. Just happened to my wifes cadillac. Its the reason you can go to Barret Jackson and see top end luxury cars from say 2005, which sold in 2005 for 130,000 go for 25k at auction. Look gorgeous still but underneath the **** is just waiting to hit the fan. We see it at BJ every auction. Doesnt matter make or manufacturer.

Last edited by tcweidner; 10-15-2018 at 11:03 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tcweidner For This Useful Post:
ArmchairArchitect (10-16-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Could GMs Plan be to force Stingray buyers to Camaro by pricing the C8 high?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: