Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has put down a deposit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 12:20 PM
Boiler_81
Drifting

Received 429 Likes on 307 Posts

As a salesperson, it makes no sense to insult half the potential buyer population. My wife and I purchased our Z51 manual transmission Corvette from Les Stanford. Is or is not a woman's car?

My wife does enjoy driving it. I hope for her sake it's a woman's car. If it isn't, is she violating some kind of Corvette code? If it is a woman's car, am I violating by driving it?

Seriously, how tone deaf do you have to be in order to infer a lower capable car is a woman's car? Did it ever cross your mind to just say "lesser capable models will be introduced later"?

Originally Posted by elegant
We have professional women race car drivers, including Christina Nielsen who is a repeat IMSA GTD Champion driving a Ferrari.

Is Dennis Tap and Les Stanford dissing all womens’ driving abilities?

Women make 65% of all new vehicle purchasing decisions in the U.S. right now. How many repeat posts have we seen, “my wife just told me I can buy a new Corvette; whoppee!” A friend (who does not belong to the forum) just told me last week that his wife has just approved his buying a ME.
The following users liked this post:
DebRedZR1 (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 12:42 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by OnPoint
So GM is going to lead with the top dog ME?

Seems counter-intuitive at least compared to history.
Not sure Mr women's "halo" version is the same we would consider HALO

BTW I've heard the REAL Halo version could be years down the road....................

Last edited by DebRedZR1; 03-21-2018 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:47 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Boiler_81
As a salesperson, it makes no sense to insult half the potential buyer population. My wife and I purchased our Z51 manual transmission Corvette from Les Stanford. Is or is not a woman's car?

My wife does enjoy driving it. I hope for her sake it's a woman's car. If it isn't, is she violating some kind of Corvette code? If it is a woman's car, am I violating by driving it?

Seriously, how tone deaf do you have to be in order to infer a lower capable car is a woman's car? Did it ever cross your mind to just say "lesser capable models will be introduced later"?
Not only insulting to Women Buyers, but any Men as well who are not buying said Halo car? Do they need a sex change to order? What about Transgender people , what version do they get? Handicapped people ?
Boiler_81 (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 02:14 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,432 Likes on 2,268 Posts

Originally Posted by LES STANFORD CHEVY
S.E.J.,

The first ME will be the halo car. As the C-8 develops, look for a womans version.

DMT
Les Stanford Chevroelet

Les - is this locked in as certain, i.e. that the ME will debut with the high hp version first, with lower hp variants coming later?

Or is this your hunch?

Reason I'm asking is I've heard it both ways from different sources. Just trying to gauge what's up.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:09 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

I am first on my dealer's list, just as was the case for my Z06. The only deposit I gave was a hand shake.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:48 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Excellent zhopper05. Looks like you will be able to early on pull the trigger should you so choose!
Old 03-26-2018, 11:44 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Some friends have several Corvettes. She has a 1967 Vette with the 327 and a auto, He has a 1967 Vette with the 427 and a 4-speed. She also has a 2012 Callaway GS SC606. He had a 2009 C6 ZR1 6-speed.

She doesn't' drive a stick, but he will drive a auto. He traded the ZR1 in on a new Silverado for their ranch, since it wasn't being driven.

Another grandma has a 2015 C7 Z06 with the 7 speed.

Another couple has two C7 Z06's. Her's is an auto, his is a manual.

Another friend has a C7 and it is 100% hers as her husband doesn't give a **** about Corvettes, and her mother(a widow in her late 80's) keeps a Corvette at her Phoenix home to drive when she lives out there during the winter months.

I did read an article this morning that more women are buying new Aston Martins than before.

Last edited by JoesC5; 03-26-2018 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:59 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

It comes with 2 bras, one for the car and one for ?
Your Condescending stereotypical remarks are far from amusing Dennis not only to me but many others in the Community who have lost respect for LS.

So the second one is for the Men who buy that model
Boiler_81 (03-26-2018)
Old 03-26-2018, 12:21 PM
ColdPIzza
Advanced

Received 134 Likes on 59 Posts

S.E.J.,

The first ME will be the halo car. As the C-8 develops, look for a womans version.

DMT
Les Stanford Chevroelet
I never fail to be amazed at how clueless and classless some of our dealer salespeople can be.

Keep it to yourself next time, and don't post to a public forum. Fair warning.
The following 2 users liked this post by ColdPIzza:
DebRedZR1 (03-27-2018), elegant (03-27-2018)
Old 03-26-2018, 12:34 PM
JGarland
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

S.E.J.,

DMT
Les Stanford Chevroelet
It comes with 2 bras, one for the car and one for ?
A vendor actually said this publicly in 2018?

Mmkaaay
The following 2 users liked this post by JGarland:
Boiler_81 (03-26-2018), DebRedZR1 (03-27-2018)
Old 03-26-2018, 11:07 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,152 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdPIzza
I never fail to be amazed at how clueless and classless some of our dealer salespeople can be.

Keep it to yourself next time, and don't post to a public forum. Fair warning.
Sorry, but some of you should loose your Man Card. There is a clear delineation in the marketing of certain fine automobiles in the world today. Jaguar definitely markets some of their models to the female gender. I personally toured the Ferrari factory and listened to my tour guide describing the entry level Ferrari as the Ferrari that both entry level male buyers and women buyers would align with. A lower powered car that would put people at ease with the power level. That is not a diss on anyone that is comfortable with their own abilities. DebRedZ shouldn't concern herself with such macho displays as she can probably drive better than a lot of male drivers. But her reaction displays a level of hyper politically correct mentality that is not necessary.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:26 PM
ltomn
Pro

Received 240 Likes on 150 Posts

You are spot on, Skank! Let’s avoid the politically correct scapegoat entirely. Men...and women, do not need it. Common sense is exactly that!!
Old 03-27-2018, 12:16 AM
elegant
Safety Car

In the U.S., 60+% of all vehicle purchasing decisions are now beingmade by women, and just in the last week regarding Corvettes, I saw two separate celebratory posts along the line, “I am pumped that my wife just told me I can get a ME!”

And over the last five years, we have all seen tens of posts saying the same regarding buying a C7.

There is no excuse for anyone to be so off base as this major Les Stanford salesperson has been in this thread.

Last edited by elegant; 03-27-2018 at 12:17 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by elegant:
Boiler_81 (03-27-2018), ColdPIzza (03-27-2018)
Old 03-27-2018, 08:35 AM
Boiler_81
Drifting

Sorry, I'm keeping my man card. I'm certainly not politically correct. But I do know poor salesmanship when I see it. Insinuating a lower performance Corvette is a "woman car" just isn't an intelligent thing to do. It insults men who purchase base models and it insults women in general.

As I said previously, my wife and I own and drive a manual Z51 coupe purchased from Les Stanford. I don't know which one of us is driving the incorrect gender vehicle.

Originally Posted by skank
Sorry, but some of you should loose your Man Card. There is a clear delineation in the marketing of certain fine automobiles in the world today. Jaguar definitely markets some of their models to the female gender. I personally toured the Ferrari factory and listened to my tour guide describing the entry level Ferrari as the Ferrari that both entry level male buyers and women buyers would align with. A lower powered car that would put people at ease with the power level. That is not a diss on anyone that is comfortable with their own abilities. DebRedZ shouldn't concern herself with such macho displays as she can probably drive better than a lot of male drivers. But her reaction displays a level of hyper politically correct mentality that is not necessary.
The following 5 users liked this post by Boiler_81:
ColdPIzza (03-27-2018), DebRedZR1 (03-27-2018), elegant (03-27-2018), LES STANFORD CHEVY (03-28-2018), NewYuriCity (03-27-2018)
Old 03-27-2018, 10:33 AM
NewYuriCity
Racer

Received 235 Likes on 86 Posts

Sorry, I'm keeping my man card. I'm certainly not politically correct. But I do know poor salesmanship when I see it. Insinuating a lower performance Corvette is a "woman car" just isn't an intelligent thing to do. It insults men who purchase base models and it insults women in general.

As I said previously, my wife and I own and drive a manual Z51 coupe purchased from Les Stanford. I don't know which one of us is driving the incorrect gender vehicle.
I know a guy who has a black 2009 ZR1 and his wife has a gray 2010 ZR1. So maybe it's the color that makes it a man's or a woman's car?
Old 03-27-2018, 10:34 AM
elegant
Safety Car

Guessing that you and your wife are already considering whether to buy your next Corvette from Les Stanford? Have you thought about calling their GM, then sending that person a link to this thread?
Old 03-27-2018, 10:39 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

What it conveys is my dismay along with others that the OP, being a Dealership representative is making such ridiculous statements.
What differentiates a "man" car or a "woman car" ?
The following 2 users liked this post by DebRedZR1:
Boiler_81 (03-27-2018), elegant (03-27-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Who has put down a deposit?

Old 03-27-2018, 10:39 AM
ColdPIzza
Advanced

Received 134 Likes on 59 Posts

I'll keep my kick *** female card, thankyouverymuch. And my job in marketing remains intact without a lecture.

elegant said it best, but the Corvette has never been marketed as a "man's" or a "woman's" car, in any component or performance breakdown, whether it's a Stingray 1LT or a ZR1 3ZR.

I can be inappropriate with the best of them, in the right forum. For a salesperson to be online (and that includes YouTube.. ahem), under their dealership name, and making sexist jokes... not cool. Not cool, and not tolerated.
The following 4 users liked this post by ColdPIzza:
Boiler_81 (03-27-2018), DebRedZR1 (03-27-2018), elegant (03-27-2018), NewYuriCity (03-27-2018)
Old 03-27-2018, 10:55 AM
Boiler_81
Drifting

There are several other dealerships in the Detroit area who get significant allocation, we will consider them along with Les Stanford.

Our C8 purchase will be in year two or three of production. So, allocation should be easy.

I am not going to forward the thread to anyone at GM or the dealership. It's not worth my time. I would hope Dennis takes to heart the comments in this thread and modifies his communication style in the future.

Originally Posted by elegant
Guessing that you and your wife are already considering whether to buy your next Corvette from Les Stanford? Have you thought about calling their GM, then sending that person a link to this thread?
ltomn (03-27-2018)
Old 03-27-2018, 11:58 AM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,152 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
What it conveys is my dismay along with others that the OP, being a Dealership representative is making such ridiculous statements.
What differentiates a "man" car or a "woman car" ?
Do you actually think he meant it as a derogatory statement? Even though some here perceived it that way, I'm not sure he meant it that way. Like I said in the above post, there are clear signs of some cars being marketed in a focused direction. You obviously are a accomplished driver from your avatar. And I have met many female race car drivers that are incredibly fast. Katherine Legge, Simona D'Silvestro, and many others would drive circles around 99% of this forum. But I've never heard them talk in the "Kick *** Girl" way like some on this forum. They were always more logical and measured in their comments. Go listen to Leena Gade on any interview and you'll know what I mean.
ltomn (03-27-2018)

Quick Reply: Who has put down a deposit?