Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How likely is it that 2020 sees the C8 release

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 03:05 PM
TCW
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 245 Likes on 177 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-13,'16-'17, '19

Originally Posted by elegant
Tom,

I can not find a YouTube or similar video of Wil’s talk. As you were there, would you please lay out what he said at the Expo for the rest of us? I am very curious as to his reasons.
I did not see anyone making a video of this. If I had known, I would have made one. All I took was a still.

He said that he knew no more about the next Corvette than we did. But did say that from a production standpoint, building a ME and FE on the same line wasn't financially feasible. To the best of my memory, he mentioned that the start of the line and the end of the line would have to be totally different.

Tom
Attached Images  

Last edited by TCW; 04-09-2018 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:55 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Thank TCW. The fact that the end of the line will be different has already been confirmed. The major factor for that change is that starting roughly November 1st, the body panels are now installed near the end of the line — less damage caused by people and equipment hovering around/leaning on the finished panels as per the old system.

If one of us could just get into the Plant now, and be authorized to take lots of pictures...
Old 04-09-2018, 05:44 PM
TCW
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 245 Likes on 177 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-13,'16-'17, '19

Originally Posted by elegant
If one of us could just get into the Plant now, and be authorized to take lots of pictures...
So true! I was at the Corvette Museum on club business (etcorvette.club) in March and drove by the factory. The lot was eerily empty!

Tom

Quick Reply: How likely is it that 2020 sees the C8 release