Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mid-Engine Corvette Deposits

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 10:52 AM
MwuZO6
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mid-Engine Corvette Deposits

Are any dealers taking deposits for preorders on the Mid-Engine Corvette?
Old 05-05-2018, 11:02 AM
tooold2race
Burning Brakes

Received 545 Likes on 282 Posts

Lots of 'em across the country are taking small deposits for a place in line. Some are more 'legitimate' than others. Suggest you stick with a high volume dealer who will get more allocations (which are based on past volume and other business factors). Good places to go are Corvette Forum sponsors.

Note that if you go with Corvette Museum delivery, which I HIGHLY recommend, you won't have to deal with another layer of logistics.

PS: No 'cuts' in line. I'm on a list already
The following users liked this post:
csysman (05-06-2018)
Old 05-05-2018, 11:15 AM
Bikerjulio
Burning Brakes

Received 381 Likes on 221 Posts

Possibly you missed this thread? https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...a-deposit.html
Old 05-05-2018, 12:38 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by tooold2race
Lots of 'em across the country are taking small deposits for a place in line. Some are more 'legitimate' than others. Suggest you stick with a high volume dealer who will get more allocations (which are based on past volume and other business factors). Good places to go are Corvette Forum sponsors.

Note that if you go with Corvette Museum delivery, which I HIGHLY recommend, you won't have to deal with another layer of logistics.

PS: No 'cuts' in line. I'm on a list already
What is this "another layer of logistics" that you mentioned if you don't pay an additional $995 for your car for the Museum delivery?

What is the difference between driving to you local dealer to pickup your new car OR pay an additional $995 for your car, flying to Nashville, rent a car, then up drive to Bowling Green to pick up your new car at the Museum, and then have to mess with turning in your rental, and then drive long distance to get your new car home while paying for a airline ticket, a rental car, motels, and a bunch of gasoline?

OR, flying to the airport near a dealer in another state, have the salesman pick you up at the airport(or take a cab to the dealer ship, and then drive your new car home?

Or, buying your new car from an out of state mega dealer, and then have a courtesy delivery done to a local dealer for $250-$500, and you save on airline tickets, motels, and a bunch of gasoline to get your new car home.

Seems to me that the Museum delivery adds an additional layer of logistics, instead of the other way around, over buying your car from a local dealer a couple of miles from your home, or buying it from a mega dealer a thousand miles from your home and use the $995 savings to buy for something else for your new car.

Last edited by JoesC5; 05-05-2018 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:54 PM
tooold2race
Burning Brakes

Received 545 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
What is this "another layer of logistics" that you mentioned if you don't pay an additional $995 for your car for the Museum delivery?

What is the difference between driving to you local dealer to pickup your new car OR pay an additional $995 for your car, flying to Nashville, rent a car, then up drive to Bowling Green to pick up your new car at the Museum, and then have to mess with turning in your rental, and then drive long distance to get your new car home while paying for a airline ticket, a rental car, motels, and a bunch of gasoline?

OR, flying to the airport near a dealer in another state, have the salesman pick you up at the airport(or take a cab to the dealer ship, and then drive your new car home?

Or, buying your new car from an out of state mega dealer, and then have a courtesy delivery done to a local dealer for $250-$500, and you save on airline tickets, motels, and a bunch of gasoline to get your new car home.

Seems to me that the Museum delivery adds an additional layer of logistics, instead of the other way around, over buying your car from a local dealer a couple of miles from your home, or buying it from a mega dealer a thousand miles from your home and use the $995 savings to buy for something else for your new car.
WOW!!! You really don't get it do you.
Old 05-06-2018, 01:43 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

I realize that you are treated like a "rock star" for a day by the people at the museum, but you do pay extra for that and normally have an "extra level of logistics" added, not subtracted in order to do the museum delivery, vs taking delivery at a regular Chevy dealer, etc.

I addressed the "extra level of logistics" that you said was "added" if you don't take a museum delivery, as I believe your statement wasn't all that true. You wanted to make it appear that buying local or from an out of state dealer(without a museum delivery) was more difficult than doing a museum delivery. That is not true.

I get it, as do others. Out of the approximately 30,000 new Corvettes sold last year. 372 were museum delivery. That's a tad over one a day.

As to your car, the museum does the standard PDI and is paid by GM to perform it in addition to the R8C option cost that you pay for. If the car requires anything other than what is covered by the standard PDI, the car is taken to the nearest Chevrolet dealer there in Bowling Green and repaired by that dealer under standard GM warranty.

PS- I have visited the museum and the plant some half dozen times over the years. It's fun, but for less than $20 admission for the two; it gets done. I'm not a person that needs some people clapping when I buy a new car, to make me feel good, maybe you do. If anyone pays for the museum delivery at this point, don't count on visiting the plant as part of the deal, as the plant is closed to visitors.

Last edited by JoesC5; 05-06-2018 at 01:51 PM.
RCKTRYD (08-14-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 03:57 PM
RoketRdr
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

No "it" doesn't and that's why you add "it" to the ignore list. But when you guys reply to "its" comments and quote the post, those of us who were smart enough to add "it" to the ignore list now have to once again see "its" spewing garbage. Please don't feed the trolls and force the rest of us to endure it. Put "it" on your ignore list and stay happy.
CANEL54 (05-07-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 01:53 PM
mazurekd
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by RoketRdr
No "it" doesn't and that's why you add "it" to the ignore list. But when you guys reply to "its" comments and quote the post, those of us who were smart enough to add "it" to the ignore list now have to once again see "its" spewing garbage. Please don't feed the trolls and force the rest of us to endure it. Put "it" on your ignore list and stay happy.
What ya talking ‘bout, Willis?
Old 08-02-2018, 10:43 AM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Back to this thread’s topic. Mike Furman@Criswell Chevrolet, at: 301.212.4420‬ has a time and date stamped priority list for those getting an ME. With his large allocation, a fantastic option, especially as he has a “no questions” asked fully refundable policy.

Last edited by elegant; 08-02-2018 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:41 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Yeah, turning in that rental car was a real hassle. I gave the keys to my new museum friend and said, "It's the one with all the bird poop on it." End of "hassle." Then I got to drive my brand new vette across the Tail of the Dragon, visit some friends, go through Route 66 across the southwest back home on a very enjoyable road trip. I've been across the country, literally, several times, and this was the most enjoyable trip ever. Worth every penny! It was so good that we've been out several more times. 17K miles in a little over a year. About to go out again.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:28 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Typical troll (several posts above) being negative and inaccurate.

As mschuyler accurately noted (thank you), it was absolutely NOT a hassle turning in my Enterprise rent a car when I did Museum Delivery. I picked it up, at a discounted rate when I flew into Nashville (or course telling Enterprise that it was going to be NCM drop off in advance), then when I was leaving the Museum, I similarly gave my key fob for my rental car to the NCM Delivery Staff (told them where in their several parking lots I had left it), and drove away in my brand new Corvette.

Last edited by elegant; 08-02-2018 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:30 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

I realize that you are treated like a "rock star" for a day by the people at the museum, but you do pay extra for that and normally have an "extra level of logistics" added, not subtracted in order to do the museum delivery, vs taking delivery at a regular Chevy dealer, etc.

I addressed the "extra level of logistics" that you said was "added" if you don't take a museum delivery, as I believe your statement wasn't all that true. You wanted to make it appear that buying local or from an out of state dealer(without a museum delivery) was more difficult than doing a museum delivery. That is not true.

I get it, as do others. Out of the approximately 30,000 new Corvettes sold last year. 372 were museum delivery. That's a tad over one a day.

As to your car, the museum does the standard PDI and is paid by GM to perform it in addition to the R8C option cost that you pay for. If the car requires anything other than what is covered by the standard PDI, the car is taken to the nearest Chevrolet dealer there in Bowling Green and repaired by that dealer under standard GM warranty.

PS- I have visited the museum and the plant some half dozen times over the years. It's fun, but for less than $20 admission for the two; it gets done. I'm not a person that needs some people clapping when I buy a new car, to make me feel good, maybe you do. If anyone pays for the museum delivery at this point, don't count on visiting the plant as part of the deal, as the plant is closed to visitors.
Joe just think if you could turn the hands of time back and take delivery of your special one of a kind world best ever Z06 you could then tell us how many pair of underwear and how many bottles of water and exactly how many and what size suit cases your best ever c6 Z06 could hold and how you got 30 plus mile to a gallon while driving up hill all the way home.

Even for you Joe that would have to be worth the price of admission $995.00

Lol to all the forum member who have never taking delivery at the museum it's worth ever penny and make for a great and memorable days.

Life is short treat yourself if you can and also support our beloved Corvette by taking delivery at the museum.

Also I never had a new Vett better detailed and ready for delivery than when I picked up My C7 in October of 2013.

I took my youngest son and we made memories that will last a lifetime. By far the best car buying experience ever!!

Last edited by vetteman41960; 08-02-2018 at 10:31 PM.
JerriVette (08-02-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Mid-Engine Corvette Deposits

Quick Reply: Mid-Engine Corvette Deposits