Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does the Pantera have any lessons for us?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 04:04 PM
colo63sw
Safety Car

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by dcbingaman
AH-HAH ! The bar has been set !!

You may need to get one of those little old fashion girlie bags to make it so, however.

My great Uncle Tom once told me that a Really Good golfer only needs 5 clubs and a putter - #2 Wood, #3,#5 and #8 iron, and a pitching wedge ! That would fit in one of these little bags, easy !

He left me a set of Wilson Willie Ogg Specials, but when I took them to a Pro Shop, they told me NOT to hit 'em because they were too fragile and too valuable. (All wood shafts - even for the irons.) They sold me a set of Wilson 500's which I kept for many years alongside the Willie Oggs.

I since wised up and decided that a walk in the park beat the frustration of hitting a little white ball everywhere but where I wanted it to go. (I got to see places in the golf course, only the groundskeepers knew about.)

The Scots are a fine people, but Golf is truly psychotic game !! One day to save my mental health, I took the whole works to Goodwill and never looked back.
True, it’s an older utilitarian bag. Not like the big manly bags of today with built in wheels. What else do they have in those big bags…… ball washers, a brewery and an espresso bar???

Never did get into golf, I guess I’m just not a good ‘swinger’.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:54 PM
F4 Phantom
Melting Slicks

Received 490 Likes on 292 Posts

The Pantera was a cobbled together piece of crap! I could blow it away with my 69 Mustang with a 351 Cleveland, he, he ...with a cam, headers, a high rise intake manifold, a huge Holly carb, and Mallory dual point distributor. With my tricked out suspension, I could leave my friend's (he was a real *******) Pantera in the dust -- straight line or twisties. The interior was cheap crap.

Last edited by F4 Phantom; 06-05-2018 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:12 PM
colo63sw
Safety Car

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by F4 Phantom
The Pantera was a cobbled together piece of crap! I could blow it away with my 69 Mustang with a 351 Cleveland, he, he ...with a cam, headers, a high rise intake manifold, a huge Holly carb, and Mallory dual point distributor. With my tricked out suspension, I could leave my friend's (he was a real *******) Pantera in the dust -- straight line or twisties. The interior was cheap crap.
Your friend doesn’t know how to steer a car if he let a mustang beat a Pantera in the twisties.

I find the Pantera to be a beautiful car that is simple to work on and maintain. Let Chevy come out with a ME vette in the 21st century, it will help push up the value of the remaining Panteras.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:57 AM
evanft
Racer

Received 192 Likes on 85 Posts

No.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:35 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by hit&run
We all have a car that we say we should have kept. Mine is the Pantera. In fact, the mid engine feeling (it almost came in between the seats) is what is making me hold off from buying a C7. I never tried, but I don't think I could have gotten a set of clubs in the back with the storage tray.
Your Pantera is a beauty. So many of them have been "improved" with VERY questionable mods (tacked on flares, etc), it's really nice to see an un-molested one.

Last edited by jimmyb; 06-13-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:43 AM
hit&run
Racer

Received 103 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
Your Pantera is a beauty. So many of them have been "improved" with VERY questionable mods (tacked on flares, etc), it's really nice to see an un-molested one.
Thanks Jimmy. I acquired it from the original owner with about 10K miles on it. The car had sat for years and I went thru the entire thing and it was $$$ but I loved every minute of it. The gas tank was a demon on these cars and you had to take the engine out to remove the tank. Plus, the are only 2 places in the world to get parts.

Quick Reply: Does the Pantera have any lessons for us?