Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Video From Florida

Old 06-22-2018, 07:43 AM
vettedna
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 47 Posts
Default New Video From Florida

Okay people, seems like new videos are popping up everywhere. Wonderful times indeed.
The following 2 users liked this post by vettedna:
FrankLP (06-22-2018), Larshelt (06-23-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 08:06 AM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Come on! ;)

Music too! Free Bird in your bird complete with those factory Bikinied bolstered appointments is one thing.

Anyway, is this sucker coming out in September, or something? Some kind of rush to overwhelm the C7 it seems.

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 06-22-2018 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:31 AM
keagan
Melting Slicks

Received 876 Likes on 447 Posts

Thanks for posting but why do people insist on drowning out any possible Exhaust, Trans note with horrible music? Dang!
Old 06-22-2018, 08:34 AM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

As he passes the first corvette,between 16 seconds and 23 seconds,
you can see the side rear quarter panel cladding sticking out above the bodywork.
It sort of gives a 50’s era wings effect”grease lightning”

We don’t see this as the second corvette is passed.
We can tell that it’s fake,
Forum member Iron V,mentioned it on another thread.
It’s a straighter line,like c6 and c7
Its probably what fooled the car and driver renders.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:43 AM
Bikerjulio
Burning Brakes

Received 381 Likes on 221 Posts

Not sure I'm seeing that. You mean the way the cladding sits on the top of the rear fender? It looks designed to deceive. It's a Coupe BTW.

Last edited by Bikerjulio; 06-22-2018 at 08:45 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bikerjulio:
dmaxx3500 (06-22-2018), elegant (06-22-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 08:48 AM
vettedna
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by keagan
Thanks for posting but why do people insist on drowning out any possible Exhaust, Trans note with horrible music? Dang!
as all of us here, just trying to get as much material as possible to get the clearest picture before the final moment arrives. thanks, it was my pleasure.

as for your question I have no clue. Maybe if I was in America and had the chance to meet personally a C8 on the road I would be so excited that I would forget to turn off anything. I had the chance a couple of times in my life to make spy pics and videos of cars there were tested on the public roads, but I was not even excited to see them that much. Well none of those was a Corvette.
I took spy pics of Ferraris, Lamborghinis, BMWs, many Mercs, Porsches, and many others - I was testing cars for a well known manufacturer, but never had the possibility to contribute spying on new Corvettes.
Seeing the fully camoed LaFerrari Aperta was great and everything and even managed to capture some soundtrack, but I'm not sure what would happen in case of a Corvette. I may drop my camera who knows.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:50 AM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikerjulio
Not sure I'm seeing that. It's a Coupe BTW.

Yes seems like the coupe.

The area I’m referring to is the 3 rectangular holes on top of the rear quarter ,it looks like screwed on
metal cladding.
look at the rear tail light bezel,
its substantially lower .
I believe that’s the real lateral line.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:15 AM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Thanks vettedna for the video, and Bikerjulio for that exact screen capture. It shows the exactly the same powerful, arcing- upward rear fender curve that FVS had in his yesterday rendering.

Last edited by elegant; 06-22-2018 at 11:17 AM.
The following users liked this post:
vettedna (06-22-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 11:28 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Those are fairly close angles. The rendering being from a slightly lower perspective.

The rear fender in the render/car may blend more smoothly into the hatch than the render suggests.

Note the rear spoiler area on the mule. The "center" area does not seem to have a structure. It drops off, following the buttress line more or less.

The 2 different mules we have seen show one with a fairly prominent spoiler and one that does not seem to have one at all.

Maybe the base is a built -in spoiler and the HHP has a more exaggerated spoiler?

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 06-22-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:54 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by elegant
OH GOD....please don't post this pic again!
Old 06-22-2018, 12:04 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default The Z51? ;)

No manual and no LSD bumps the price.
Hey maybe there's a need for that FE after all, for a while.

They use the FE to market the ME starting in September for that overlap; the FE takes too big a hit they dump it completely, sooner.

$80K guys probably were right!

C8R still NA (hopefully they are tricking it out at little, a least. The competition's killing their usable power under the curve now)!

3,300lbs unless they're good!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 06-22-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:45 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by sunsalem
OH GOD....please don't post this pic again!
...quit your bellyaching...

The following 5 users liked this post by firstvettesoon:
elegant (06-23-2018), FrankLP (06-22-2018), GreenGA (06-22-2018), tbasco 6 (06-22-2018), zhopper05 (07-02-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 12:48 PM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
...quit your bellyaching...

I like the overlay... looks like FVS has done a decent job with the dimensions & geometry. Very exciting times for Corvette!!
The following 2 users liked this post by FrankLP:
elegant (06-22-2018), vettedna (06-22-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 12:57 PM
FLS2K
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 77 Posts

That vid is from the Estero, FL area. I’m almost tempted to road-trip and go hunting.
firstvettesoon (06-22-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 04:29 PM
stealthy08
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

I live in Estero and probably 10 minutes from the gas station where it had broke down a few weeks ago. Will be pretty cool to catch a glimpse of it cruising the streets
Old 06-22-2018, 04:50 PM
nist7
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Uhh...is it just me or is it completely useless to try to predict body design by looking at camo-'ed test mules?

I know BMW when they do camo testing they actually slap on completely wrong/misleading body parts to fool any one trying to predict the design by looking at the shape being covered up.

I think anyone who thinks these camo cars will resemble in anyway the actual design is completely off base. It's useless to predict any design language from camo mules, imo...
Boiler_81 (06-22-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 05:24 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by nist7
Uhh...is it just me or is it completely useless to try to predict body design by looking at camo-'ed test mules?

I know BMW when they do camo testing they actually slap on completely wrong/misleading body parts to fool any one trying to predict the design by looking at the shape being covered up.

I think anyone who thinks these camo cars will resemble in anyway the actual design is completely off base. It's useless to predict any design language from camo mules, imo...
prob. True but we are also going on C7pimps sneak peak. He says these renderings are close.

Time will tell.

Get notified of new replies

To New Video From Florida

Old 06-22-2018, 05:28 PM
eyedeekay
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

I second this, there's a whole ton of foam under the indentations and curves that makes the car more "inflated" than it really is. For example, here is a Laferrari under a heavy amount of camo and this was taken in May 2012, less than a year before its release date:

And then here it is again 2 months after those photos:

Just for reference here is the laferrari now, pretty big difference from the first photo

We will just have to be patient and hope they remove more protective coverings.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:34 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

We additionally have 10 CAD drawings and actual pictures of the front and rear fascias and specific input from some who have seen the naked ME.

Old 06-22-2018, 05:44 PM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

It depends on what you define as useful.

For me (and others I presume), I would say that these threads have been very useful. It's actually quite entertaining/interesting to participate in discussions (and some spirited debates) on what the next generation Corvette might be and/or look like.

Being that a ME platform represents arguably the most significant revolution of the Corvette in several decades, the discussions/debates surrounding these test mules helps with the anticipation, while also fueling additional excitement.

And while you are correct that manufacturers, "...slap on completely wrong/misleading body parts to fool any one trying to predict the design...", it's still very "useful" for many of us to discuss, draw, debate and ultimately dream of what the next Corvette may be.

At the end of the day, it's all in good fun and for entertainment purposes only. And a disclaimer: no Corvettes or Enthusiasts were/are hurt on the creation and/or debate of these renders, videos and/or discussions.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Video From Florida