Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 will be mid engine release, and 2021 will be a new front engine model also?...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 03:26 AM
johnnystock
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I do not post often, but this C8 ME race car picture is really exciting, so Ill give my opinion.

The C8 and ME big change ahead reminds me of the C7 when it came out; everyone was in shock how different the Vette had become and a lot hated it at 1st. I wasnt sure too but I liked it. It is a stunning design and do not know someone who hate it.

I think GM might try a big move like the C6 vs C7, which would be all ME Vette. I can tell you that I would finance one right away! It would be a nice 40th birthday gift to myself. Its funny I wouldnt pay for a new Vette right now, but with a ME, its a game changer. They would sell like hot cakes, even more than the current Vette.

GM needs to constantly evolve Vette design along with people who buy them. When I was 20, I didnt want a Vette because they were too high-priced (still a bargain but I was broke). Then I got a Camaro cause of price/performance/look it was. Now Im getting close to 40, and a Vette is the next step, but the C7 isnt the Vette I want. Id buy one used, but people ask too much for them(in Canada). Id rather have a C6Z for cheaper, more badass, LS7, etc(IMO). I feel like the C8 needs a new generation of customers.

I think a ME Vette for near 65-70k would kill the market of sport cars LOL

I cant believe Zora will appear anywhere near the Corvette name, it sucks and sounds real bad. I would rip it of the car LOLL

One thing for sure, they need an engine update real soon; Mustang Bullit has more power than a base Corvette. GM is sleeping on it. I dont wanna bring a Mustang vs Corvette thing, but the GT500 is around the corner...it will have as much hp as a ZR1. I know its not the same market, but in the high hp market, people really jump from one car to another.
Old 08-12-2018, 03:34 AM
bebezote
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by fyreline
Just my opinion here - I don't claim to know anyone, or have some secret undisclosable pipeline to Bowling Green. I think that when the new mid-engine Corvette appears in mid-2019 as a 2020 model, it will be the one and only Corvette offered - no more front -engine cars - and it will have a starting MSRP of around $70K or perhaps a bit less, with the highest-performance models with all the bells & whistles pushing $140K or perhaps a bit more. They may build something else at Bowling Green, perhaps for Cadillac - but it won't be a second Corvette.

this sounds right... if its flat plane crank w twin turbo... even over 140 ok w me... if they can do awd... baby Jesus... it'll dominate
Old 08-14-2018, 03:13 AM
CorvetteBrent
Burning Brakes

Received 320 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
then who are all these guys in their 20's and 30's buying lambos and ferraris and porsches? and why arent they proud to buy a vette? Its not flashy enough, and rumor has it, they overheat. Its an old guy car.
Guys in their 20s and 30s who are buying Lamborghinis and Ferraris simply have more money than brains. $3400 for an oil change on a Lamborghini because the rear of the car has to be dismantled to complete the job? I rest my case.
The following 2 users liked this post by CorvetteBrent:
Mikec7z (08-14-2018), vettesweetnos (08-21-2018)

Quick Reply: 2020 will be mid engine release, and 2021 will be a new front engine model also?...