Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 will be mid engine release, and 2021 will be a new front engine model also?...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 04:50 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury
exactly.

And the "Zora" won't be a C8 model; it will be the beginning of the "Z1" designation.

When the facts are finally played-out... some here will eat crow (or come up with a litany of lame excuses).
I'm bookmarking this post...

Old 07-08-2018, 07:38 AM
Boiler_81
Drifting

Received 429 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
I'm bookmarking this post...
I firmly believe there will be an ME version only. I just don't see a case for GM building both a FE and ME sports car. In my opinion, they can't try to limp along the C7 concurrent with a ME. C7 sales are already nearing end of life levels. When the ME is introduced, the demand for the old car will drop off a cliff. Introducing a new FE car a couple of years after the ME debut doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited by Boiler_81; 07-08-2018 at 07:41 AM.
The following users liked this post:
sunsalem (07-08-2018)
Old 07-08-2018, 01:46 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by Boiler_81
I firmly believe there will be an ME version only. I just don't see a case for GM building both a FE and ME sports car. In my opinion, they can't try to limp along the C7 concurrent with a ME. C7 sales are already nearing end of life levels. When the ME is introduced, the demand for the old car will drop off a cliff. Introducing a new FE car a couple of years after the ME debut doesn't make sense to me.
you guys are in la la land. Limping along in a car that beats the ford gt ME car around tracks... sure and thats while it still has the overheating blower, not the efficient twin turbo setup that is coming. Front engine z06 will have around 800hp. The next zr1 will have over 1000

Coming to its end of life in sales? lol... they outsell every other sports car that starts above 50 grand as its base model.... ON EARTH. Not second, not third.. FIRST PLACE. Thats just horrible huh? lol Do you guys even think before you speak?

Last edited by Mikec7z; 07-08-2018 at 01:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
pdiddy972 (07-15-2018)
Old 07-08-2018, 02:22 PM
Boiler_81
Drifting

Sure I think before I post, you may not agree with my thoughts and that is OK. C7 sales have been falling. This happens with every generation. When an ME is introduced, it is my opinion that few will want the "old tech" FE. Yes of course there will be some but not enough to justify the development cost of a new FE platform.

The FE Corvette beats the GT due to IMSA's balance of power nonsense. Gauging the relative merits of each car by IMSA results is deceptive.

QUOTE=Mikec7z;1597557384]you guys are in la la land. Limping along in a car that beats the ford gt ME car around tracks... sure and thats while it still has the overheating blower, not the efficient twin turbo setup that is coming. Front engine z06 will have around 800hp. The next zr1 will have over 1000

Coming to its end of life in sales? lol... they outsell every other sports car that starts above 50 grand as its base model.... ON EARTH. Not second, not third.. FIRST PLACE. Thats just horrible huh? lol Do you guys even think before you speak?[/QUOTE]
Old 07-08-2018, 02:26 PM
zergi06
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Some people really have no business sense, training or education. They’re not dropping the corvette name on the ME, it’s going to be called/named/branded Corvette Zora.
The following 5 users liked this post by zergi06:
dcbingaman (07-08-2018), pdiddy972 (07-15-2018), Rapid Fred (08-11-2018), Shaka (07-14-2018), skank (07-08-2018)
Old 07-08-2018, 02:31 PM
KCV
Pro

Received 442 Likes on 208 Posts

This thread...
Old 07-08-2018, 02:43 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Sure I think before I post, you may not agree with my thoughts and that is OK. C7 sales have been falling.
Has it ever dawned on you that there are more models of sports cars being built in the year 2018 than there were 20 years ago?

Yes when the market gets split more ways, everyone's sales fall.

According to you, every other brand should be closing their factories and declaring bankruptcy.

Again... THE NUMBER 1 SELLER of SPORTS CARS THAT START ABOVE 50 GRAND PRICE TAG... not second, not third... FIRST.. and you make it out like its a dead model.

Perhaps you should focus your attention on the 70 OTHER sprots car models on the market (porsche, ferrari, jag, aston martin, ford, acura, lambo, mclaren, etc etc etc) that cost over 50 grand for their base model, and didnt outsell corvette. Corvette is the most profitable sports car out of them all due the amount of sales and the cross platform use of its engines in other vehicles that GM sells.

You have zero clue what you are talking about right now.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 07-09-2018 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:45 PM
Boiler_81
Drifting

Time will tell

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
Has it ever dawned on you that there are more models of sports cars being built in the year 2018 than there were 20 years ago?

Yes when the market gets split more ways, everyone's sales fall.

According to you, every other brand should be closing their factories and declaring bankruptcy. You are not smart.

Again... THE NUMBER 1 SELLER of SPORTS CARS THAT START ABOVE 50 GRAND PRICE TAG... not second, not third... FIRST.. and you make it out like its a dead model.

Perhaps you should focus your attention on the 70 OTHER sprots car models on the market (ferrari, jag, aston martin, ford, acura, lambo, mclaren, etc etc etc) that cost over 50 grand for their base model, and didnt outsell corvette. Corvette is the most profitable sports car out of them all due the amount of sales and the cross platform use of its engines in other vehicles that GM sells.

You have zero clue what you are talking about right now.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:48 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by zergi06
Some people really have no business sense, training or education. They’re not dropping the corvette name on the ME, it’s going to be called/named/branded Corvette Zora.
its not going to be the c8, it will be the z1... is our point.

The c8 will exist, and it will be front engine. Place wagers if you dispute.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:49 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Time will tell
time already did tell. #1.

And you think its a dead model that needs to be shelved.

How do you consider yourself intelligent? How?
Old 07-08-2018, 02:51 PM
Boiler_81
Drifting

Why the insults for a difference in opinion?

time already did tell. #1.

And you think its a dead model that needs to be shelved.

How do you consider yourself intelligent? How?
Old 07-08-2018, 02:55 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

vanilla chocolate... difference of opinion.

I like the looks of this car vs that one... fine.

But when you choose to debate and there are these things called "numbers" involved...

your "opinion" becomes right or wrong very quickly. The math teacher doesn't care what your opinion is, you are either capable of understanding numbers and logic, or you aren't.

So, you set foot in a thread, decided to call a corvette a dead model that needs to be retired based on its "falling sales" (numbers)... because you lack the ability to realize when a pie gets cut more ways, everyone loses market share

And you have no clue that the corvette outsells every other sports car that costs over 50 grand for its base vehicle?

At this point, we are allowed to tell you that you are not smart... the same way we tell a person who argues 3>8 is not smart. 3 < 8. Smart.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 07-08-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:20 PM
Boiler_81
Drifting

I never said the Corvette is dead. I said the ME will replace the FE. In my opinion there will only be an ME going forward. That is a difference in opinion not a difference in facts as we do not yet know the facts.

Calling someone not intelligent over a difference in opinion doesn't make sense. You know nothing of my IQ, education or experience.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:31 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

you said the reason the front engine will be removed from the line is because it is dying, its sales are falling. Meanwhile, IT, THE FRONT ENGINE... is the number 1 seller.

People need space for golf clubs and luggage. If you think it is dying... place a wager. Otherwise, you are just here to argue against people, who have insider knowledge, and you don't even believe what you are saying enough, to put a fun wager behind your "belief" you are willing to argue and dispute us with. Which just makes you... annoying... from my point of view anyway.

Thats my belief. No math involved, so dont bother telling me im wrong to find you annoying please. To me, you are

Last edited by Mikec7z; 07-08-2018 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:47 PM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by KCV
This thread...
This tread is very entertaining...

The OP is spending his whole weekend,just binge drinking and making passionate love with his smartphone .
The following 2 users liked this post by pietro c7:
JakeC7GS (07-11-2018), Mikec7z (07-08-2018)
Old 07-08-2018, 05:05 PM
Boiler_81
Drifting

You read more into what I wrote than was there. I said the C7 sales are dropping. That is a fact. It happens with every generation as the generation ages.

I said we will have an ME only future because if the C7 were to be sold next to the ME, the C7 volume would absolutely plummet as the C7 by then will be an old platform.

The Detroit News also has "inside information" which contradicts your "inside information". Detroit News article

"The sources, who asked not to be identified because company plans have not been made public, said production of the mid-engine rocket would eventually be the only Corvette produced. One of those people said the current, front-engine C7’s Z06 and Grand Sport models would continue through 2021."

Personally I would be surprised if Z06 and GS were produced along with the ME but as I said time will tell.

"Lutz and Wallace say that they and then-Corvette Assistant Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter got the mid-engine Corvette approved in 2007, only to see the project shelved while GM went through bankruptcy reorganization in 2009."

Lutz is certainly an insider, GM approved the ME prior to bankruptcy. Now that they are on firm financial ground, what has changed in the market which would keep them from doing it again?

As far as a wager goes, I will pass. My wagers are just for the fun of it friendly wagers. Having one with you I would imagine would not be friendly or fun.

you said the reason the front engine will be removed from the line is because it is dying, its sales are falling. Meanwhile, IT, THE FRONT ENGINE... is the number 1 seller.

People need space for golf clubs and luggage. If you think it is dying... place a wager. Otherwise, you are just here to argue against people, who have insider knowledge, and you don't even believe what you are saying enough, to put a fun wager behind your "belief" you are willing to argue and dispute us with. Which just makes you... annoying... from my point of view anyway.

Thats my belief. No math involved, so dont bother telling me im wrong to find you annoying please. To me, you are

Old 07-08-2018, 06:47 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

you just said a ton of nothing.

You admit that the c7 is falling in sales because it is ending its era, and people want a new body style. Okay... so how does that prohibit a c8 front engine from being successful. It doesn't.

There will be a z1. They wont call it that right away. That gives you guys the hint that the front engine is going to return as the c8. They will let you call the z1 a c8... until the c8 is released... then they will clarify... the zora.. is not the c8, this new car is the c8.. the zora is the z1.

If you dont agree, bet money. Otherwise, all you are doing at this point is trying to save face and say you agree... when its apparent.... you dont.

Get notified of new replies

To 2020 will be mid engine release, and 2021 will be a new front engine model also?...

Old 07-08-2018, 06:54 PM
K03
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

So if there is a new FE coming out in 2021, we should start seeing test mules around pretty soon right?
Old 07-08-2018, 07:31 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

The front engine mules would be dressed as c7 s so we would never know they were out there..

the two seat sportscar market is so small these days it would be foolish to have 2 two seat corvettes...

maybe with the slowing of c7 sales lately there will be such a stock pile of front engine chassis...there will be a front engine corvette just to clear out inventory of parts...(Kidding)

the demand on the wonderful c7 has dropped about 45 percent from a year ago..if the article i recently read about June sales is remembered correctly..

the fact the c7 lasted as long as it did with strong sales is a testament to how great the design was..

its time has come..

two seat sports cars have a very short hot sales time frame...

the. 2plus 2s....

then sedans if at all...and these days it’s cuvs with the longest strong sales time frame.

they don’t age as quickly as the reverse order I’ve listed above.

the rear mid engine is being brought out to extend the life cycle and differentiate the c8 from all previous corvettes that are so good consumers are less motivated to buy the next generation...

the new rear mid engine is supposed to collectively motivate c5,c6 and c7 as well as “other brand” owners to open up their wallets
Old 07-08-2018, 08:15 PM
Boiler_81
Drifting

I don't know how you got I agree that there will be a C8 FE. My opinion is as follows:

1.) The ME is the C8
2.) There will be no C8 front engine
3.) C7 GS, Z06 and/or ZR1s might be produced concurrently with the C8 for a year or two. I however have doubts this will be the case.

I am not going to bet you. As I said, I bet with friends for fun. I will not be goaded into a bet by juvenile taunts.

I hope the above is clear. I am done clarifying it. In six months or so we will know GMs plan. Until then it's all opinion based on each of our biases and how the facts are distilled through those biases.

you just said a ton of nothing.

You admit that the c7 is falling in sales because it is ending its era, and people want a new body style. Okay... so how does that prohibit a c8 front engine from being successful. It doesn't.

There will be a z1. They wont call it that right away. That gives you guys the hint that the front engine is going to return as the c8. They will let you call the z1 a c8... until the c8 is released... then they will clarify... the zora.. is not the c8, this new car is the c8.. the zora is the z1.

If you dont agree, bet money. Otherwise, all you are doing at this point is trying to save face and say you agree... when its apparent.... you dont.

Quick Reply: 2020 will be mid engine release, and 2021 will be a new front engine model also?...