Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw four C8's today

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 02:37 PM
bebezote
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000BC
Breck is 2 miles up. 10,000'.
ahh.. ok..is that were he took those pics...didnt see that...yeah that sucks the life out of NA motors... people that don't go up to the mountains much... are shocked.. when they have a fast car (NA)... they think something is wrong..have a cabin in grand lake... I don't think there is a NA truck pulling boats in the state...LOL... start up the pass without a turbodiesel...and its a long ride...
Old 07-20-2018, 03:48 PM
blb078
Racer

Received 198 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by castlerock_z06
I had security screaming at me as I took pictures lol. The cars sit very low, I was in a lowered C6 and they were the same height or a little lower at the roof.
Did they get pretty irate with you? I'm curious what they would of done had you stepped over the tape and such to take pics. Obviously they'd try to remove you but how far would they go. More than likely they would need approval from the hotel to tape off an area like that and maybe even a permit from the city possibly. Would be interesting to see what would happen if someone really wanted to go out and take pics up close like through the windows, underneath, though the back hatch, etc, without actually touching the car itself. Pretty much get right up next to the car with touching it. I'm sure it would create quite a stir.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:02 PM
castlerock_z06
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 5 Posts

It was almost 100* at 8,000-10,000 elevation that day, going up steep grades in that condition will quickly show any weakness in cooling systems.Air is thinner so there is less air to flow through radiators and cool. Let alone the power loss, can't imagine the power loss due to DA at those conditions, lol. I was driving back from San Francisco and my car is around 700whp, it felt stock up there.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:05 PM
Atari_Prime
Drifting

Received 555 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by blb078
Did they get pretty irate with you? I'm curious what they would of done had you stepped over the tape and such to take pics. Obviously they'd try to remove you but how far would they go. More than likely they would need approval from the hotel to tape off an area like that and maybe even a permit from the city possibly. Would be interesting to see what would happen if someone really wanted to go out and take pics up close like through the windows, underneath, though the back hatch, etc, without actually touching the car itself. Pretty much get right up next to the car with touching it. I'm sure it would create quite a stir.
If you see one of these cars, there is nothing illegal about taking pictures. In this circumstance, Chevrolet security can yell all they want, they can't make you leave. Only Holiday Inn security can ask you to leave. Until they do you can stand there all day and take all the pictures and video you want. And even if they do, the video and pics you took prior are not illegal in any way. It's a public place.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:09 PM
castlerock_z06
Advanced

Originally Posted by blb078
Security was smiling as he was yelling and running. He kept trying to run up to my car and block my camera but I would give it a little gas and he couldn't catch up, I drove a circle then pulled off property. I'm sure if someone stayed and didn't leave it could be trespass since he is there to notify people. However you could also just wait on the public street and catch pics of them. I would have waited but I was finishing a 1300 mile trip and my wife didn't share my enthusiasm to camp out all day, lol.

The following 2 users liked this post by castlerock_z06:
blb078 (07-20-2018), YWZ08 (07-27-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 04:22 PM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Driver
By the way the covers are fitting in the rear it appears the rear end is not straight across but somewhat trimmed in at the corners.

The covers and padding are highly deceiving, but you are indeed correct. The top-down profile of the rear fascia is not nearly as flat and straight across as previous generations at the bottom, surrounding the air filter box intakes and exhaust pipes. The top deck is fairly straight across though. Even the CAD leaks show that much..

Last edited by C7pimp; 07-20-2018 at 04:26 PM.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:28 PM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by C7pimp
The covers and padding are highly deceiving, but you are indeed correct. The top-down profile of the rear fascia is not nearly as flat and straight across as previous generations at the bottom, surrounding the air filter box intakes and exhaust pipes. The top deck is fairly straight across though. Even the CAD leaks show that much..
Mr.C7 pimp,
A simple yes/no question for you,
Is the car as sexy as hell?
Yes or No
Old 07-20-2018, 04:32 PM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by pietro c7

Mr.C7 pimp,
A simple yes/no question for you,
Is the car as sexy as hell?
Yes or No

Hell yes bro.
The following 3 users liked this post by C7pimp:
FrankLP (07-24-2018), Larshelt (07-20-2018), REZ1 (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 04:36 PM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy G.
lol!
Old 07-20-2018, 04:38 PM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Hell yes bro.
We Cool...
Thanks,that’s sufficient for me brothère.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:49 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by TBIRD57
it's just do damn bad that hackers break into the government, corporations, credit card companies, credit rating agencies, etc.
BUT NOT ONE DAMN HACKER CAN'T HACK INTO GM TO GET THE PICS OF THE C8 BY NOW! Where is that 400lb. guy
in his bedroom sitting in front of a computer that passes himself off as a hacker!

If you are listening Russia.......
OK, that's FUNNY...I don't care who you are.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing I can think of they might be testing is a NEW engine (NOT an LT).

Originally Posted by C5Driver
By the way the covers are fitting in the rear it appears the rear end is not straight across but somewhat trimmed in at the corners.
IMO, trying to read what's under the camo is damn near impossible; and I've got beer to drink and women to service this weekend.

The following users liked this post:
keagan (07-23-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 06:12 PM
blb078
Racer

Received 198 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Atari_Prime
If you see one of these cars, there is nothing illegal about taking pictures. In this circumstance, Chevrolet security can yell all they want, they can't make you leave. Only Holiday Inn security can ask you to leave. Until they do you can stand there all day and take all the pictures and video you want. And even if they do, the video and pics you took prior are not illegal in any way. It's a public place.
Of course it's all legal, that wasn't a question I had. What I would be curious about is how far their security would go block or move someone if they went right up next to the car and started snapping pics. That has nothing to do with being legal or not that part is irrelevant. It's more/less how serious does their security take their job. It's really a no win situation for the security people. If they allow someone to walk up next to the car take pics underneath it, through the windows, all over, etc, etc they're going to lose their job. They slap someone up the side the head for trying to take pics like that they are going to lose their job and get sued.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:02 PM
RedDropTop
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
and women to service this weekend.
LOL! I like your attitude, sunsalem.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:03 PM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RedDropTop
LOL! I like your attitude, sunsalem.
And plural as well...
great man
Old 07-23-2018, 12:04 AM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by sunsalem
OK, that's FUNNY...I don't care who you are.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing I can think of they might be testing is a NEW engine (NOT an LT).
I grew up in Colorado and I have back in state now and again. The various manufacturers have always used the mountains to test as it puts the drivetrain into the spotlight. From the past cars seen running around here and then seeing what was actually offered to production, they may not even be the slightest change to the LT in the C7 under the C8, but they will still run the crap out of them up there. I remember many years ago when some guys caught the very soon to be revealed Viper SRT on top of US 6, above the tunnel on Continental Divide, completely un-camo'd and in production form. Dodge ended up confirming the pictures and announcing the reveal.....it was supposed to be secrete, but the pictures went huge on the internet. Somebody will get the C8 up there, very soon, in no camo. GM simply can't test it completely without removing that camo soon.

The following users liked this post:
sunsalem (07-24-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 09:56 AM
castlerock_z06
Advanced

Originally Posted by WhiteDiamond
I grew up in Colorado and I have back in state now and again. The various manufacturers have always used the mountains to test as it puts the drivetrain into the spotlight. From the past cars seen running around here and then seeing what was actually offered to production, they may not even be the slightest change to the LT in the C7 under the C8, but they will still run the crap out of them up there. I remember many years ago when some guys caught the very soon to be revealed Viper SRT on top of US 6, above the tunnel on Continental Divide, completely un-camo'd and in production form. Dodge ended up confirming the pictures and announcing the reveal.....it was supposed to be secrete, but the pictures went huge on the internet. Somebody will get the C8 up there, very soon, in no camo. GM simply can't test it completely without removing that camo soon.
Agree with you 100% - There were also a bunch of BMW's in camo driving around that day too. I used to travel to see an account near 470/70 interchange and there are a group of hotels there that always have camo cars parked under wraps, usually near mid to end of summer. Seems like I have seen cars there from almost every major manufacturer over the years. I would also see the same cars going up and down the 70 towards Breck as I made the commute to see accounts.

Last edited by castlerock_z06; 07-24-2018 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:30 PM
MidLVR
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Hell yes bro.
Made my day! Thanks pimper

Quick Reply: Saw four C8's today