Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 New purchase for first time buyer

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 10:26 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

My first purchase was way back in college. It was a used one. My last few had been new, and the very last purchase, the Z06 was museum delivered. My next one, the mid-engine will be as well. I highly recommend it. It is a great experience.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:36 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Having done both the Museum Delivery and the two-day Buyers Tour (where you and a friend, with a guide who is most often a retired plant employee, watch your car be built, piece by piece while it goes down the assembly line), I will never buy another new Corvette without the Buyers Tour (have done three so far), yet I will be fine without another Museum Delivery.

Standing feet away the workers put on, for example, your door, with many then coming over and talking to you about your car, thanking your for buying your Corvette, is beyond priceless. And that continues all the way down the line as your watch your car being sequentially built — with all the time your personal guide is sharing info as to what is happening and why, what will be done next, etc. is one of the best experiences I have ever had.

If the Buyers Tours do not start when the ME start getting made, but the BT’s are delayed, I will, even though my ME right now will be built probably the two weeks of production, happily ask for my ME’s production to be delayed a few months until the BT’s resume.

Quick Reply: C8 New purchase for first time buyer