Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw the C8 uncovered... wow

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 10:06 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
there are 2020 c7's that arent all sold.

as well as left over 16's, 17's 18's and 19's

I'm not sure you have any clue what you are talking about right now sir
Mike
let me explain how this really works. GM has zero concern about seeing the C7 they build in the next coming few months prior to the announcement of the Zora or whatever the Mid engine will be called being sold to its dealer base.

GM allocation to its dealership are based on prior year sales to its dealers. They could careless if they sit on dealership lots. Those are sold units to GM.

All the largest Corvette dealerships will purchase the C7 that GM build knowing they may have to sell these units at or below cost. Possible even taking a loss on C7 units.

They will do this to ensure they get substantial Zora or whatever it's called allocation which they know for the next couple years everyone will sell at MSRP.

Same exact process happens with the 13 C6 that no dealerships wanted to order knowing the C7 was coming but did order and purchase to ensure they got substantial allocation of the new C7 in 2014.

I am not hearing this from my neighbor cousins nephews sister who boyfriend is nobody but from a guy who is in the car business and partners with a Chevrolet dealership principal.

Have been partners with large dealership group for going on 22 years and been in car business 30 plus years and have been very fortunate that I can waste time on Corvette forum as a hobbie and can add the Zora no matter what the cost to my existing stable that includes a 2016 Z06 z07 Callaway sc757 and 1966 C2 vert , 2015 Ferrari 458, 2018 Chevrolet Highcountry and a 2019 Genesis G90.

Before you ask I have no desire to wager you on if your cousins nephews neighbors sisters boyfriend who is a nobody has told you and that your inside info is correct.
The following 3 users liked this post by vetteman41960:
dreamr616 (08-20-2018), firstvettesoon (08-18-2018), Suns_PSD (08-19-2018)
Old 08-18-2018, 10:06 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerv02
Take care of yourself, mike
you're a joke buddy

Draw a picuture, not hard, ive done 6 in the time you debated your reason for not being able to draw one.

Tell GM, thanks for the winning lemon case, and thanks for the new car you guys are about to give me

Always outsmarting me you guys are.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 08-18-2018 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:08 PM
ZERRY 316
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerv02

DO NOT ASK ME HOW I SAW THIS, I CANNOT COMMENT ON EXTERIOR
Repost to my last thread, last thread was deleted ....
The car is a game changer, unlike anything you've seen before. The interior, as I've stated before, is very close in resemblance to the current Ford GT, and Porsche 918 spyder, with hints to the Lamborghini huracan

The steering column, console, the dashboard, is a carbon copy to that of the current Ford GT. Almost identical steering wheel with a digital-only dash unlike the c7 which is a combination of digital and physical, in addition to another screen in the middle, it sort of wraps around the driver side dash. Leather-wrapped square race-style steering wheel with a special emblem in the middle. It's a lot thicker than that of the Ford GT's wheel. Paddle shifters (DCT) will be used for shifting, won't be a manual variation, it's very similar to the Lamborghini Huracans DCT. On that note, there's an Ignition switch which looks like they pulled right out of the Lamborghini Huracan, used to start the car. Obviously, the shaping is a bit different, this one is also a different color....not sure if that will change in the production version.

There is a touchpad similar to that of Daimler's which is equipped in most of their Mercedes models, will probably function as a control for multimedia and writing things out, but again, I think this is stupid. Daimler didnt have very good feedback with it, just a waiste of space, in my opinion, people will just opt to use the touchscreen. To the right of that touchpad is a circle *** that im assuming is going to be used for selecting the ride mode, its exactly like the one in the current c7, just has a silver lining to it.

NOW THE BUTTONS..... THE BUTTONS.....

This is really hard to explain. The controls used for multimedia, seat controls, AC/HEAT ext, they all run in a vertical line on the right side only of the center console. It looks kinda odd, a bit similar to the 918
spyder. Let me know if you have any questions, no, I'm not trolling I promise

Are you that guy who calls me and says I owe money to the IRA ?
Old 08-18-2018, 10:11 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Oh, you must be talking about this photo where you cant see the headlight shape, in the actual front end, nor do you have any guarantee that is not a c8 front engine front fascia

nor do you look very closely at the car that you know is mid engine, which has the netting over the headlights where you can still see the shape...

but maybe im wrong... i think you should bet me

It would be a shame to see me go financially unpunished for my careless groundless claims...

And as I said before, i am sure there is NO VARIATION IN MODEL FRONT END WHATSOEVER (total sarcasm now) Im sure those front down force aero wings on the GT car are just attached to thin air ... since there is ALWAYS a vent right there on all the models.

hey mike. I was asking seriously. I wasn’t teasing you. That image you posted is a drawing I made a long time ago when the fascia was found. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. Since you have not seen the car, I can not take your "observations" seriously.

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 08-19-2018 at 12:17 AM.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:11 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by vetteman41960
Mike
let me explain how this really works. GM has zero concern about seeing the C7 they build in the next coming few months prior to the announcement of the Zora or whatever the Mid engine will be called being sold to its dealer base.

GM allocation to its dealership are based on prior year sales to its dealers. They could careless if they sit on dealership lots. Those are sold units to GM.

All the largest Corvette dealerships will purchase the C7 that GM build knowing they may have to sell these units at or below cost. Possible even taking a loss on C7 units.

They will do this to ensure they get substantial Zora or whatever it's called allocation which they know for the next couple years everyone will sell at MSRP.

Same exact process happens with the 13 C6 that no dealerships wanted to order knowing the C7 was coming but did order and purchase to ensure they got substantial allocation of the new C7 in 2014.

I am not hearing this from my neighbor cousins nephews sister who boyfriend is nobody but from a guy who is in the car business and partners with a Chevrolet dealership principal.

Have been partners with large dealership group for going on 22 years and been in car business 30 plus years and have been very fortunate that I can waste time on Corvette forum as a hobbie and can add the Zora no matter what the cost to my existing stable that includes a 2016 Z06 z07 Callaway sc757 and 1966 C2 vert , 2015 Ferrari 458, 2018 Chevrolet Highcountry and a 2019 Genesis G90.

Before you ask I have no desire to wager you on if your cousins nephews neighbors sisters boyfriend who is a nobody has told you and that your inside info is correct.
I can see you certainly know what you are talking about right now....

right, lol...

and what do you think happens IF GM does not incentivize the left over c7 (money out of GM pocket of course)... what do you think happens if they dont incentivize the left over c7 ENOUGH TO GET THEM ALL TO SELL, and in the year 2020/2021 they are still all over dealership lots?

Do you know how many NEW vettes those dealers will bother buying moving forward, let alone EVERY OTHER MODEL that manufacturer builds?

If dealerships have fear a manufacturer is going to stiff them and leave them high and dry on a vehicle and not help them sell it, then MOVING FORWARD dealer owners/managers DO NOT order a lot of UNSOLD inventory, everything they order is either pre sold, or they go thin.

This is a manufacturer's worst nightmare.

Also, there is another thing called "factory final payout" its when a car no longer has incentives, GM has to cut a VERY LARGE CHECK to the dealership on the vehicle that did not sell in time. For instance, when I bought my 2016, in june last year, that was GM's last month of incentives for the 16's... any cars still on dealer lots, the dealer received a FINAL PAYOUT check from GM on july 1st, and then the dealer has to sell the vehicle on their own, without any factory incentives moving forward after july 1st.

how is it you would have the audacity to argue about this, when you apparently know nothing about it?

Do you even know what the word "floorplan" means in dealership lingo or when manufacturers do and don't supply the floorplan, and what the differences are there? That's a whole OTHER topic.

But the stuff that is simple, that anyone with zero years in the car business should know is...

If all chevy stores across the country sell out of c7's tomorrow, that means they will likely order 5 or more EXTRA c7 before the debut of the C8... and you are going to sit here and focus on a small idea, instead of look at the big picture that GM absolutely has incentive for chevy dealers to sell their c7s.

And this is all based on the idea, that you cant keep up with an analogy, you think I said corvettes wont have manual transmissions??? I was referring to corvettes and their trunk/cargo space. People interested in cargo space are likely bright enough to do the math and realize, the c8 ME means no more golf clubs, so those people bite the bullet and buy a c7 even though they know the c8me is coming. Now, had those people KNOWN a c8 FE is coming, and it will have a large trunk area still, then many of those people who would have bought c7... wait for the c8 FE.

It hurts vette sales of c7 if people know the c8FE is coming.

Thus why I said, either this zerv guy has no idea what he is talking about... or he works for GM... since he says no c8FE is coming.

I guess I take that as you as you know nothing more than any else in this forum.

Except what your neighbors nephews cousin who is nobody told you. Lol

Back to your conspiracy theory of how Zerv2 is a covert GM employee steering the mass Corvette Market know as Corvette forum to purchase up all those already built and sold C7 manual Trans cars only to trick us by later reintroducing the C7 successor with a manual 2 or 3 years from know.

Do you actually think about what you type of just wing it and hope it make sense before you hit the send button?

Meanwhile, vetterman is talking about "manual transmission c7's" because he cant follow a simple analogy that has to do with customers who may want cargo space, compared to porsche owners who wanted a manual transmission. And he goes on to call me the drunk one... fantastic thread with people of amazing intelligence levels, who pick fights based on their inability to understand what they are reading. I'm out of here.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 08-19-2018 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:20 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Dam iPhone posting!

you are making exacting claims yet have no first hand knowledge!

I must doubt your “observations “. At this point
The following users liked this post:
Mikec7z (08-18-2018)
Old 08-18-2018, 10:21 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

if thats the case, you should bet money then as well
Old 08-18-2018, 10:24 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

if thats the case, you should bet money then as well
I bet you 10 million internet bucks the lights are not as you described.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:26 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

and this is when i leave because i may as well talk to 5 year olds.

you guys might be right... seriously, you might.

All im saying is, im sure enough im right, im willing to bet on it... the rest of you... just fall by the wayside all the sudden.

Always interesting to see how much people really believe in what they spend all day preaching in here.

not too often people are willing to bet money, and when they do... i coincidentally usually agree with them... before hand. Amazing how that works.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:49 PM
stief
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Old 08-18-2018, 11:12 PM
Marcio58
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteb_96C
Tadge is on a flight right now to BG. Builds are happening as we speak.
hot diggity dog cant wait slight foam at the mouth
Old 08-18-2018, 11:13 PM
Zerv02
Racer

Received 308 Likes on 95 Posts

you're a joke buddy

Draw a picuture, not hard, ive done 6 in the time you debated your reason for not being able to draw one.

Tell GM, thanks for the winning lemon case, and thanks for the new car you guys are about to give me

Always outsmarting me you guys are.
Anytime, we hope you enjoy your new car!
The following users liked this post:
Mikec7z (08-18-2018)
Old 08-18-2018, 11:13 PM
Zerv02
Racer

Received 308 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by ZERRY 316
Are you that guy who calls me and says I owe money to the IRA ?
Yes
Old 08-18-2018, 11:29 PM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

How fitting that mikec7z and « fake zerv « should meet at the final table...

I ,and the majority of the forum members ,are here as well...and we’re the chip leaders.

No insider knowledge,just plain commen sense.
Evrybody wins...all ,most give a crap about,... is that we get this car for 65-70k.
And we will.

Last edited by pietro c7; 08-18-2018 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Misspell
Old 08-18-2018, 11:46 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pietro c7
How fitting that mikec7z and « fake zerv « should meet at the final table...

I ,and the majority of the forum members ,are here as well...and we’re the chip leaders.

No insider knowledge,just plain commen sense.
Evrybody wind....all most give a crap about is that we get this car for 65-70k.
And we will.
Lots of folks with insider knowledge on the forum.

I said many times I have no insider knowledge and what I say is just my personal opinions .

I am also sure a few very few my actually have second hand account that may or may not be true.

I have no reason not to believe Zerv02 if he says he has seen the car .

I tend to believe someone who states that ,hey I seen the car and this is what I know from that certain mule.

I certainly have found him to be fair in saying believe him if you want or dont.

As opposed to other who state things as fact and want to wager even though what they supposedly know is second hand knowledge.

One thing we do know. No one at GM is talking and I do not think GM is using this forum to mislead us or somehow trick us into buying a C7.

I am just not into the conspiracy theory or into members who think they are revered as GOD'S because they happen to supposedly own 20 deaerships.

I find money and personal net worth as one of the last qualities I use to judge someone knowledge or credibility or value as a person.

I know my business partner who owns a Chevrolet dealership does not know anything more than a new Corvette is coming.

He knows I am a big time Corvette enthusiasts and after 22 year being partners and very close friends, I am sure would share anything he had heard from his position of a Chevrolet dealership owner and just trust that I would keep that information private.

FVS would still love to see your thoughts on the HTC now that the renderings have changed these past couple weeks.

I think your work is outstanding and has made for great entertainment these past few month since the Macdonald mules were sited.

FVS hope you could fine the time to update the spyder rendering.

I know I will be disappointed if we have to wait 6 month or a year after release of the coupe to be able to order the spyder.

I hope Zerv02 is right and we see 3 versions released in year 1.

I am tired of all this antisipation and hope GM does not make us wait until Detroit for the revel.

If that's the case I hope will get some holiday gift at Thanksgiving & Christmas with some type of GM release teaser.

Last for anyone who really has inside knowledge I wonder if the C8 is run at the( Roar b4 the 24) which they would have to in order to run the C8 at the 24 hours of Daytona .

​​​​​​The Roar happen at least a week ahead of the Detroit Auto show just wonder what anyone's thoughts are on how GM handles that??

Love to hear others ideas on how that will work out?

Last edited by vetteman41960; 08-19-2018 at 12:08 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by vetteman41960:
alienranch (08-20-2018), firstvettesoon (08-19-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 12:07 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Well folks stay tuned for Mike C7 and a night full of entertainment .

Mike just informed me by PM that he owns 20 dealership and is like a God in his state.

Honest to goodness his words. He and his family are like God's in his home state.

He then closed with telling me I should not brag and he know more since he was 15 about the car business than I do.

Well I know better than to challenge anything a God would say so I will just go back to my tiny corner of the world and hope for words of wisdom from the CORVETTE forum GOD MIKEC7Z

I think you made the right choice Vetteman ! Sounds scary to me....glad he didn't contact me. Close your windows. Bar your doors. Mere mortals can not do battle with Car gods !

BTW Vetteman...you have got to save that PM. That sir wins the internet for today ! Congrats !

That PM sounded like another member we had here a while back. Chris (Colorado) I think his name was. Made the same type of bold outrageous statements. FUN! ; )

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 08-19-2018 at 12:21 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by firstvettesoon:
ByByBMW (08-19-2018), Rapid Fred (08-19-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 12:29 AM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 654 Likes on 473 Posts

and this is when i leave because i may as well talk to 5 year olds.

you guys might be right... seriously, you might.

All im saying is, im sure enough im right, im willing to bet on it... the rest of you... just fall by the wayside all the sudden.

Always interesting to see how much people really believe in what they spend all day preaching in here.

not too often people are willing to bet money, and when they do... i coincidentally usually agree with them... before hand. Amazing how that works.
You guys are making semi-educated guesses and mistaking that for knowledge.

For example, will there be a next-generation front engine Corvette? This question doesn't have a billion possible answers. It has two. If you guess that there will be, and it turns out there is, you called a coin toss. Your willingness to place bets on the coin toss doesn't make it more likely. Maybe you're just overconfident. Maybe you're just a degenerate gambler.

This forum would be improved if folks would just state their reasons with civility and actually engage with other people's arguments - basically, attempt to have an actual conversation. The ego stuff is a waste of time.
The following 3 users liked this post by torquetube:
fasttoys (08-19-2018), firstvettesoon (08-19-2018), Rapid Fred (08-19-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Saw the C8 uncovered... wow

Old 08-19-2018, 12:33 AM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
I think you made the right choice Vetteman ! Sounds scary to me....glad he didn't contact me. Close your windows. Bar your doors. Mere mortals can not do battle with Car gods !

BTW Vetteman...you have got to save that PM. That sir wins the internet for today ! Congrats !

That PM sounded like another member we had here a while back. Chris (Colorado) I think his name was. Made the same type of bold outrageous statements. FUN! ; )
​​​​I agree some folks take thus stuff way to serious. I don't know who has facts and who does not but I am willing to give everyone the benefit of doubt.

Just wish everyone would take that approach .

It's tough to read attack after attack because some guy gave his honest opinion or claim on what they have seen.

Just makes anyone who has new info that much more reluctant to post in fear that they will be attacked for sharing what the think they saw or relay a story told by someone else.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:33 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

i have been told by sources that I cant disclose, that there will be a front engine c8

I have been told, and in simple common sense convo, and the other person and I both agreed GM will not tell the masses about the front engine c8 because then they will have a HARDER time selling the c7s

I have stated this before, and created a thread about this very topic.

I have been told "you are WRONG" over and over by many people on this forum about the front engine c8.

To the people who boldly say "YOU ARE WRONG" to me...

i say, "then bet me". If you are so sure of something to insult someone as "being wrong" and so sure since you have "30 years in the car biz"... then .... make some money off of my stupidity. Bet me.

I'm willing to bet money on it, they aren't willing to and get mad because they realize how foolish they look since they will argue for hours but wont even bet 10 dollars on something they are so sure of.

Instead, They want me to give out my secret sources... NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. EVER.

The end.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 08-19-2018 at 01:46 AM.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:46 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

i have been told by sources that I cant disclose, that there will be a front engine c8

I have been told, and in simple common sense convo, the other person and I agreed GM will not tell the masses about the front engine c8 because then they will have a HARDER time selling the c7s

I have stated this before, and created a thread about this very topic.

I have been told I AM WRONG over and over by many people on this forum about the front engine c8.

To the people who boldly say YOU ARE WRONG...

i say, "then bet me". If you are so sure of something to insult someone as "being wrong" and so sure since you have "30 years in the car biz"... then .... make some money off of my stupidity. Bet me.

I'm willing to bet money on it, they aren't and get mad. They want me to give out my secret sources... NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. EVER.

The end.
This is a different topic than the look of the ME car so I will try to clarify the issue.

You were told by someone you believe has inside knowledge that there will be a FE C8. Ok. Others thinks so too. Not an issue.
Your statement that you discussed it with someone and agree that it will be harder to sell C7s if the public knows there will be a C8 FE is your opinion. Was it harder to sell c6s after the C7 was revealed.... others here are much more knowledgeable...being dealers and such, but there may be "some" truth in that. Harder tho is a relative term. Will they need to discount the C7s ? Maybe. but that is what all retailers do when there is a new model. Not the end of the world.

Not sure exactly why you think a bet would be the best way to prove your "assumption". Or if you could. What exactly are you betting on? IF there will be a FE C8 ? Or if it will be harder to sell C7s ?

Also...how do you bet someone on the internet.? Maybe Vegas has odds ?

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 08-19-2018 at 12:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Saw the C8 uncovered... wow