Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw the C8 uncovered... wow

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 01:56 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
Wait... there will be no 2020 ZR1? Is that confirmed? GM is doing one long 2019 MY from January 2018 through March/April '19?

If that's the case, how will the continue to produce the C7 alongside the ME car for 2 years like some have been saying might happen?
is the ZR1 a big seller? If the 2019 is the epitome of C7... do they need to have a 2020?
Old 08-20-2018, 01:59 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,153 Likes on 5,984 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon

is the ZR1 a big seller? If the 2019 is the epitome of C7... do they need to have a 2020?
Well I know they're hard to get right now, but that's because they're limited cars. I just can't see GM going to the effort to build the car for a single year run: re-engineering the cooling systems, unique body panels (fascia, fenders, hood), new supercharger and fuel system and extensive testing etc. Maybe... who knows.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:16 PM
fasttoys
Melting Slicks

Received 1,260 Likes on 558 Posts

Well I know they're hard to get right now, but that's because they're limited cars. I just can't see GM going to the effort to build the car for a single year run: re-engineering the cooling systems, unique body panels (fascia, fenders, hood), new supercharger and fuel system and extensive testing etc. Maybe... who knows.
Good points on ZR1 or maybe I am right on my post above number 453. I was always in the camp the FE would be gone once ME hit, but been overthinking it again lol that all the wide body FE will continue for a little bit till the end of C7. In post 453

Last edited by fasttoys; 08-20-2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:24 PM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

Wait... there will be no 2020 ZR1? Is that confirmed? GM is doing one long 2019 MY from January 2018 through March/April '19?

If that's the case, how will the continue to produce the C7 alongside the ME car for 2 years like some have been saying might happen?
Thats how it’s marketed in Canada ,
Dealers are telling future buyers it’s 2019 only.

Usually the same sales schedule for all of North America .
Old 08-20-2018, 02:27 PM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon

No,
there are no buyers beyond 2400 units...,And the reason there are takers for the 2019 units is that it’s an exclusive one year production.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:31 PM
vettesweetnos
Drifting

Received 1,267 Likes on 578 Posts

I haven't posted since I sold my Vette a few years back but I have been anxiously awaiting the C8. It looks like Zerv02s thread brought a few not so recent posters out besides myself. Every couple weeks I search for some new C8 information. The C8R pictures have me very excited. I sold my R8 two years ago and was looking hard at a used 570s but I am waiting patiently for this reveal since I do not have enough free time for multiple sports cars and do not really want to spend that much extra cash maintaining garage queens. Anyways FVS I am using your yellow C8 render for a wall paper, thanks. I can not wait to see what colors are available, hoping for some excellent blues, yellow, orange, or green. Can't hardly wait for the car and the mods to follow.
The following users liked this post:
firstvettesoon (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 03:12 PM
Zerv02
Racer

Received 308 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by alienranch
Zerv - Although I tend to believe that you did see the car you described (maybe it's just wishful thinking obscuring my rational thought), you certainly appear confident in areas many would describe as just assumptions. I initially thought you had gained access to this car through accidental/relationship means. The implication (internal thinking only - you didn't state this), was that you were just relaying something cool you had witnessed, that you knew had a strong public desire for details. Again, you never said, "I'm not a Corvette guy, but check out what I stumbled across", but creating a new account to post this created that first impression.

Although I don't agree with Mike's approach (or his assumption that this is a GM Marketing ploy), I do have to admit I am conflicted by the level of detail you have provided for pricing, C7/C8 platform direction, etc. for someone who is not well in-the-know with the C8 platform. You simply wouldn't have that information if you had just been given access to the car, without substantial extraneous data providing clear direction into the future of this design. Unless I had spent some time with a car, I realistically couldn't have provided as much detail in that drawing (and could never have drawn it so well - kudos)

I guess one of the following (or derivation thereof) will likely play out:
  • This is completely fabricated - you never saw the car. Evidence to support this:
    • Creation of the new account, and issues surrounding the deletion/confusion of the previous account/posts
    • Detail of interior design (this can also lend credence to spending some time with the car)
  • You saw the car but are making assumptions in regards to other areas. Evidence to support this:
    • Prices listed appear to be significantly north of what's commonly accepted, especially concerning the base car
    • Details of model years ending/direction of future development, etc.
  • You are very familiar with the ME design, and are truly trying to relay information while not jeopardizing yourself or any other source. Evidence to support this:
    • Creation of the new account
    • Detail of interior design
    • Details of model years ending/direction of future development, etc.
However it plays out, I'm enjoying the discussion and the sense of investigative journalism. Obviously, any additional information you can provide (publicly or privately) to help bolster your position as a true first-hand witness to the vehicle described would take this thread from, "Is this fake news?" to "The definitive peak at the new ME C8". The one thing I'm pretty sure we can all agree on, is that our thirst for details on this car isn't going to subside until it's officially released.

Cheers to all until then

Last edited by Zerv02; 08-20-2018 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 03:30 PM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerv02
But then again, what if I told you I drove the car...?

Oh for hellsakes...

Are you a 15 year old girl?
Mikec7z (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 03:36 PM
Zerv02
Racer

Originally Posted by C7pimp
Oh for hellsakes...

Are you a 15 year old girl?

Last edited by Zerv02; 08-20-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 03:56 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerv02
Zerv02 if you tell us you drove the car then what will happen is this tread will have over 1000 post half claiming you never seen the car no less driven and then the other half with guys like me begging for the smallest of details.
Example : Does it have a DCT 7 or 8 speed, How is the driving position ? Did GM somehow find a way to allow for luggage or for those who for whatever reason feel that a corvette should be able to hold 2 set of Golf clubs ? Did you drive a NA or a FI car?
How was the ability to see outside and behind the car? Did GM finally step up and give the C8 a interior worthy of a 100k car with no hard plastic surfaces.
The list will go on and on and on.

So let's have it !! Is this tread about to explode as your about to tell us you actually drove this Zora??
firstvettesoon (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 04:01 PM
JanMan99
Drifting

Received 91 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteman41960
zerv02 if you tell us you drove the car then what will happen is this tread will have over 1000 post half claiming you never seen the car no less driven and then the other half with guys like me begging for the smallest of details.
Example : Does it have a dct 7 or 8 speed, how is the driving position ? Did gm somehow find a way to allow for luggage or for those who for whatever reason feel that a corvette should be able to hold 2 set of golf clubs ? Did you drive a na or a fi car?
How was the ability to see outside and behind the car? Did gm finally step up and give the c8 a interior worthy of a 100k car with no hard plastic surfaces.
The list will go on and on and on.

So let's have it !! Is this tread about to explode as your about to tell us you actually drove this zora??
blah.....blah.....blah.............
Old 08-20-2018, 04:11 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,153 Likes on 5,984 Posts

Zerv is probably legit... GM probably has engineering/marketing interns paid to stir **** up on a set schedule.

Plus, people talk... I had a buddy who was in sales for Saleen. He told me about the TT S7 long before it was any kind of public knowledge. I was young and couldn't resist and posted about it on some car forums. This was like 15 years ago... took all of 3 days to get back to him and he called me pissed.

Last edited by RapidC84B; 08-20-2018 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:14 PM
alienranch
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Zerv is probably legit... GM probably has engineering/marketing interns paid to stir **** up on a set schedule.

Plus, people talk... I had a buddy who was in sales for Saleen. He told me about the TT S7 long before it was any kind of public knowledge. I was young and couldn't resist and posted about it on some car forums. This was like 15 years ago... took all of 3 days to get back to him and he called me pissed.
Mike, is that you?
Mikec7z (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 05:32 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

i drew the headlight wrong on purpose. If anyone had seen the car and were in zerv's shoes, they would have laid money down against me quickly. At minimum, they would have challenged me, he did not, he got quiet.

I asked him to draw its basic shape. Its not rocket science to go with the flow and draw the shape everyone already thinks it is. He did nothing.

Long story short...i tested him, and the test proves:

he has not seen the car at all...

or

he works for GM and is not allowed to draw it.

only 2 options left now that he has behaved as he did and ran when i posted a headlight shape with confidence, instead of bet against me.

I honestly think he has not seen the car at all.

But, if his interior ends up being correct, then i will at that time believe he works for GM and was not allowed to draw or disclose the headlight, and this is all just marketing hype to leak a master sketch of the interior.

There was a method to my madness, ive explained this already, but some people haven't absorbed yet what i've already proven... about zerv.

He's not going to give you any accurate info because, one way or another, HE CAN'T.

Doesn't matter which option it is, he hasn't seen it, or he works for GM, either way, he cant disclose it accurately.

Thus... this thread is a waste of time.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 08-20-2018 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:13 PM
Zerv02
Racer

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
i drew the headlight wrong on purpose. If anyone had seen the car and were in zerv's shoes, they would have laid money down against me quickly. At minimum, they would have challenged me, he did not, he got quiet.

I asked him to draw its basic shape. Its not rocket science to go with the flow and draw the shape everyone already thinks it is. He did nothing.

Long story short...i tested him, and the test proves:

he has not seen the car at all...

or

he works for GM and is not allowed to draw it.

only 2 options left now that he has behaved as he did and ran when i posted a headlight shape with confidence, instead of bet against me.

I honestly think he has not seen the car at all.

But, if his interior ends up being correct, then i will at that time believe he works for GM and was not allowed to draw or disclose the headlight, and this is all just marketing hype to leak a master sketch of the interior.

There was a method to my madness, ive explained this already, but some people haven't absorbed yet what i've already proven... about zerv.

He's not going to give you any accurate info because, one way or another, HE CAN'T.

Doesn't matter which option it is, he hasn't seen it, or he works for GM, either way, he cant disclose it accurately.

Thus... this thread is a waste of time.
Your still here Mike.... I thought we resolved this already, that I’m just an internet troll who doesn’t even know what a corvette is...
Old 08-20-2018, 06:16 PM
T VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 65 Posts

Can't wait to see if Thread starter is accurate. Then all the negative posters will all have to walk back their comments or be like a roach when the lights are turned on!
Old 08-20-2018, 06:16 PM
DanSavage
Safety Car

Received 175 Likes on 77 Posts

...he called me pissed.
That's a weird name to call someone. Or, was he drunk when he called?

Get notified of new replies

To Saw the C8 uncovered... wow

Old 08-20-2018, 06:18 PM
NY09C6
Le Mans Master

Received 627 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by Achmed
when the ME is added to the lineup any thoughts on whether they will drop any of the FE models? Otherwise it would be:

stingray
grand sport
z06
Zr1
+ mid engine making it 5 models?

Also would the ME, assuming it's a "base version" cost less than a zr1? Not sure how many zr1s would sell if a ME were less and sold alongside for the first year. Or any FE model that cost more than the base ME.
Based on the cad drawings and engine order data there are at least 2-3 ME variants.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:24 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Zerv02 - based on your responses to my inquiry, it appears you have seen what the logo looks like. Per your early comments, you can't post the pictures you took in order to protect the people who gave you access to the car, based on the overall appearance and location, etc... I asked you to just zoom in on the steering wheel or other areas in the car and show us the logo, you simply replied with a vague description of the logo, telling me it's a "modernized" Corvette logo, with homage to Zora. I can guarantee you if you post a picture of just the logo, you are not getting anyone in trouble, anymore than sketching the interior. But if it makes you feel less nervous, appease us by simply drawing the outline of the logo, not the whole emblem, just the outline.

Last edited by zhopper05; 08-20-2018 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:25 PM
DanSavage
Safety Car

Received 175 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by fasttoys

I posted this video on a few threads last week with the ZR1 and Mark L. Reuss Executive Vice President of Global Product Development, Purchasing and Supply Chain at General Motors. I added the closed caption to the thread.
I found it in your post on page 16 and re-posted it here.

Quick Reply: Saw the C8 uncovered... wow