Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw the C8 uncovered... wow

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 01:06 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
.... annnnnd.... he works for GM This is a planned release/Teaser.

His sketches are on point, and the parts that are not on point, he is describing perfectly, which makes you wonder WHY he did not draw them that way in his sketch?

...Its because he was not allowed to... yet

Any other normal human being would have just drawn what they saw, and that would be that.

To the OP, you might want to tone it down a bit, you sound like an 8 year old kid who thinks he saw bigfoot riding a unicorn, and wants to tell us the endless story and how awesome it was.

Draw the real picture, end the drama please. Picture is worth a thousand words... we don't want 1,000 words, we want the real picture. If you work for GM and can't draw what you KNOW is real, great. You just gave yourself away. Anyone else would just draw it.

We aren't stupid. You thinking we are stupid is getting annoying very quickly.
are you going to address this, or did your boss order you to ignore it?

why DESCRIBE the steering wheel different than your drawing when you could simply draw it? Obviously, drawing is not difficult for you.

i encourage others to stop speaking to the guy until he draws what he actually saw.

Pretty straight forward.
Either you work for GM an you aren't allowed,
or you are lame and attention seeking and enjoy lame convo with strangers on the net,
or you can draw us a correct picture.

Its one of the 3... which is it?

Last edited by Mikec7z; 08-16-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:10 PM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1,172 Likes on 588 Posts

No doubt a ME Corvette could be an "everyday car" for a Lambo or Ferrari owner but that would likely also be a very, very small market. Only because a $150K Vette would be added to an already long list of everyday cars marketed to this demographic.

Last edited by JDSKY; 08-16-2018 at 01:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
fasttoys (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 01:22 PM
Goaty
Pro

Received 199 Likes on 88 Posts

GM has done a great job of keeping this secret, I don't believe anyone outside of GM knows what is planned. Even the supposed insiders on the forums are contradicting each other.

My guess is an updated FE car with 525 hp LT2 and a refreshed interior with better materials and electronics/infotainment. Base, Z51, Grand Sport continue with prices slightly above today's C7.

The FE Z06 is replaced by the ME car which will base around $100K. This will have the 5.5L TT engine, with about 700hp. A true 488/720S fighter at less than half the price is pretty damn compelling.

Later on the insane ZR1 version comes out which will be a La Ferrari/918 type for a quarter of the price.

The FE car is the Corvette Stingray. The ME is the Corvette Zora. This is what I think today, but that changes like the wind as I read these forums.

Last edited by Goaty; 08-16-2018 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:27 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,148 Likes on 5,983 Posts

Originally Posted by Goaty
GM has done a great job of keeping this secret, I don't believe anyone outside of GM knows what is planned. Even the supposed insiders on the forums are contradicting each other.

My guess is an updated FE car with 525 hp LT2 and a refreshed interior with better materials and electronics/infotainment. Base, Z51, Grand Sport continue with prices slightly above today's C7.

The FE Z06 is replaced by the ME car which will base around $100K. This will have the 5.5L TT engine, with about 700hp. A true 488/720S fighter at less than half the price is pretty damn compelling.

Later on the insane ZR1 version comes out which will be a La Ferrari/918 type for a quarter of the price.

The FE car is the Corvette Stingray. The ME is the Corvette Zora. This is what I think today, but that changes like the wind as I read these forums.
I agree mostly... but the variables still out there are a CAD clearly showing a ME LT1/2 and mules running around with very mundane "base" wheels/tires/brakes.
fasttoys (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 01:37 PM
Goaty
Pro

Received 199 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
I agree mostly... but the variables still out there are a CAD clearly showing a ME LT1/2 and mules running around with very mundane "base" wheels/tires/brakes.
Many reports have the C7 (or maybe new C7.5) continuing for a few years while produced alongside the ME car. I think the base 65-70k ME's will come after the FE is phased out in a few years time.
airforcex (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 01:39 PM
fasttoys
Melting Slicks

Received 1,260 Likes on 558 Posts

Originally Posted by ltomn
In my business, which caters to a more fiscally substantial crowd, I have seen a changing demographic. Where the brunt of my clientele used to be older folks that have earned and saved or simply had more fruitful jobs, it is now a much younger bunch. Many of them are not at all interested in my business because there are interested in what is consider more immediate gratification. Automobiles come under this heading, as do expensive dinners, elaborate vacations, mechanical watches and many other luxury items.

There is also the concept that GM is not planning on tapping into the core and historic buyer of Corvettes with this model. The basis for sales of this vehicle may have been planned from the "get go" as international. Bury the naysayers that do not think a Ferrari buyer, McLaren buyer or a Lamborghini buyer will own a Corvette. When the see the actual car, just like all of us, due credit and accolades will follow. Why not call a $150k Corvette the everyday mid engine rig and save the Ferrari or other exotic for a sunny day?

Both of these scenarios work in my world! I admit that I am not the average existence for comparison but I am one that needs to be considered.
I am in the top 2% bracket but $150k Corvette mid-engine rig to save my Ferrari or other exotics for a sunny day would kill the Corvette brand.
Only their highest version later in the cycle which will have the same interior as the base model other than leather, carbon bits and some tech features will be north of the current ZR1. Just like the C7 ZR1 is higher priced compared to the C6 ZR1.. Please read what the Corvette team has been saying for years you can't just avoid that consistent message can you? I posted some bits all throughout this thread. I always say Just because we wish for something doesn't make it come true. The history and the pattern of the GM team have stayed consistent, now Tadge is getting his dream and making an ME, which he wanted to do with the C7 Not a specialty one off. The Viper is dead and the NSX & Audi R8 are following close behind the Viper. I just sold my R8 they stopped production of the V8 with the last gen. Now Audi only makes the V10 and V10 plus. The V10 starts at 169k and they can't sell the cars and just announced it will be scrapped in 2020/2021. Acura offered me 43k off MSRP on an NSX new car, they are not selling. Moving the engine to the middle-rear doesn't mean it has to cost 100k plus. The Porsche Cayman GT4 was under 100k and it’s a mid-engine Porsche that sold like hot cakes. Anyway believe & hope for what you want to fit your narrative, there is no way the starting price on the base ME will be north of 100k. If the base starts over 100k and they alienate their customers to grab some millennials they will follow Viper to the drain.

Last edited by fasttoys; 08-16-2018 at 01:48 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by fasttoys:
jimmyb (08-16-2018), Larshelt (08-17-2018), RapidC84B (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 01:56 PM
gbranham
Racer

Received 102 Likes on 50 Posts

why DESCRIBE the steering wheel different than your drawing when you could simply draw it? Obviously, drawing is not difficult for you.

i encourage others to stop speaking to the guy until he draws what he actually saw.

Pretty straight forward.
or you are lame and attention seeking and enjoy lame convo with strangers on the net,

Why such anger? If you don't believe the guy, just ignore this thread.
The following 5 users liked this post by gbranham:
CorvettoBrando (08-16-2018), jimmyb (08-16-2018), jnc4558 (08-16-2018), TRT SR (08-16-2018), Z06Fiend (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 02:03 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Originally Posted by gbranham
Why such anger? If you don't believe the guy, just ignore this thread.
Some people are taking this **** way too seriously.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:10 PM
gbranham
Racer

Originally Posted by Jeff V.
Some people are taking this **** way too seriously.
Says the guy who is debunking everything skank says on another thread in this forum, because he's taking this **** way to seriously...
CorvettoBrando (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 02:27 PM
Zerv02
Racer

Received 308 Likes on 95 Posts

Pretty straight forward.

I can’t draw an exact sketch, sorry. As others have said, I think it would be best if you just ignore whatever I have to say, or this thread in general, seeing that nothing I say is true in your eyes, and I’m just an internet troll looking for attention. At the end of th day, it’s not that big of a deal, it’s just a car, no need to get so defensive... keep it civil
The following 4 users liked this post by Zerv02:
ByByBMW (08-16-2018), CorvettoBrando (08-16-2018), jnc4558 (08-16-2018), TRT SR (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 02:43 PM
gbranham
Racer

I'd say it's fair to say you also enjoy 'lame convo with strangers on the net', as you've amassed nearly 1000 posts since joining 5 months ago...
The following 3 users liked this post by gbranham:
jimmyb (08-16-2018), Mikec7z (08-16-2018), Rapid Fred (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 02:45 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by Zerv02
You guys need to realize, you get ALLOT. Keep in mind that GM is able to mass produce their vehicles, (c7) and are able to get costs down on things that would cost a whole lot on other exotics. They’re able to lower the costs for some fancy things you find in HP exotics that cost thousands, because of their PRODUCTION VOLUME, cutting deals with manufacturers, suppliers. If the z06 was built in Europe and was limited to 3 thousand or so models like we see in Ferrari’s and Lambos, it would cost upwards 250k. Paying 110k for a base c8 is a damn good deal considering its really worth 250+
You had some real "truths" going in the post until that last sentence. Taken to mean any car in the Corvette lineup, now or in the C8, the last line isn't correct--not unless they're moving every model of C8 up to a $110K base price---and that would be the end of the brand. That would be a doubling of base price---no way.

But if you meant a Z is now an equivalent to a $250K exotic, not there yet---almost, but not yet. And if you mean only the ME (and believe there will be no other Corvette body/engine), if it has a starting price at $110K or $150K, it could be a big non-starter.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:49 PM
airforcex
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

I'm pretty sure plenty of people here have seen (but can't comment) on the car.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:50 PM
Zerv02
Racer

Received 308 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
You had some real "truths" going in the post until that last sentence. Taken to mean any car in the Corvette lineup, now or in the C8, the last line isn't correct--not unless they're moving every model of C8 up to a $110K base price---and that would be the end of the brand. That would be a doubling of base price---no way.

But if you meant a Z is now an equivalent to a $250K exotic, not there yet---almost, but not yet. And if you mean only the ME (and believe there will be no other Corvette body/engine), if it has a starting price at $110K or $150K, it could be a big non-starter.
GM knows what there doing here.... trust me, these prices might be a huge turn off for some (most) on here, and understandably so, but this is reality.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:58 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by gbranham
I'd say it's fair to say you also enjoy 'lame convo with strangers on the net', as you've amassed nearly 1000 posts since joining 5 months ago...
MIKEC7 is right up there with JoeC5 as being one of the most argumentative folks on the forum.

He 1st few hundred post he DEMANDED that everyone who disagreed with him place a wager.

I think the base price of the Zora will.be dependent upon if the plan is for the C7 or C7.5 to live on .

If that is GM plan then yes we could see the Zora start in the 90k range.

Porsche sell the base 911 starting at 90k with steel brakes and basic wheels and then charges for every possible feature you could possible want as an option.

Maybe the Zora is not a replacement to the C7 and will come relatively well optioned at 90k and still under cut the 911 with same option by 10k ?

No one here knows and we are all entitled to an opinion without acting like a jerk and demanding that other forum members back up their opinions.

Also I don't think it far fetched that the Zora can and will sell between 9k it 10k units at 90k plus.

If I recall the annual sales for Corvette in 2015 and 2016 the Z06 sold close to 9k units per year and that was prior to GM offering massive discounts.

So if history is any indication of what GM can sell a high performance Zora can definitely sell 9k or 10k units .

Then possible the C7 or c7.5 makes up the added 20k units with the entry price of 60k for a base to 80k for a GS.

I also agree that if GM want to attract guys that drive Porsche , Ferrari, Lamborghini , Maclaren they have to upgrade the interior materials.

I own exotics and I also love Corvette but the interior has always been it weak point.

I can tell you that my Callaway SC757 will smoke my Ferrari 458 but guess which one is my favorite to drive because of the whole platform and the enjoyment of having finely crafted materialso and attention to detail.

I have a few of friends who own Ferrari and Lamborghini and none of them could careless that the Corvette is faster car. What they will all say is faster and lacks refinement and is less enjoyable to drive.

Now I am sure someone here will tell.me I am nuts and could not possible enjoy the 458 more than the brute strength of the Callaway and it's 757 hp and 777ft of tq.

BTW this Callaway chassis can't handle the 757 hp so while it's fun to drive it will also attempt to kill you if your not careful.

The Ferrari I can use every bit of HP and it never once what's to kill me because it's far better balanced machine.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:02 PM
ltomn
Pro

Received 240 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by fasttoys
I am in the top 2% bracket but $150k Corvette mid-engine rig to save my Ferrari or other exotics for a sunny day would kill the Corvette brand.
Only their highest version later in the cycle which will have the same interior as the base model other than leather, carbon bits and some tech features will be north of the current ZR1. Just like the C7 ZR1 is higher priced compared to the C6 ZR1.. Please read what the Corvette team has been saying for years you can't just avoid that consistent message can you? I posted some bits all throughout this thread. I always say Just because we wish for something doesn't make it come true. The history and the pattern of the GM team have stayed consistent, now Tadge is getting his dream and making an ME, which he wanted to do with the C7 Not a specialty one off. The Viper is dead and the NSX & Audi R8 are following close behind the Viper. I just sold my R8 they stopped production of the V8 with the last gen. Now Audi only makes the V10 and V10 plus. The V10 starts at 169k and they can't sell the cars and just announced it will be scrapped in 2020/2021. Acura offered me 43k off MSRP on an NSX new car, they are not selling. Moving the engine to the middle-rear doesn't mean it has to cost 100k plus. The Porsche Cayman GT4 was under 100k and it’s a mid-engine Porsche that sold like hot cakes. Anyway believe & hope for what you want to fit your narrative, there is no way the starting price on the base ME will be north of 100k. If the base starts over 100k and they alienate their customers to grab some millennials they will follow Viper to the drain.
I'm afraid that I wasn't explicit enough. Sometimes it's not about the cost. Sometimes it's about the perception of value. Another way of saying this is "one man's trash is another man's treasure." A certain number of buyers will definately believe in the ME in the $100k plus range.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:05 PM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

GM knows what there doing here.... trust me, these prices might be a huge turn off for some (most) on here, and understandably so, but this is reality.
Those prices your suggestion would be a huge turn off
for corvette first,
They would be the biggest loser.
Ticking off most of their current ,and aspiring client base is probably not a great idea...
And that won’t happen.

REALITY is Corvette sells more 2 seat sports cars then anyone else,it’s a fantastic and profitable program,and is the envy of the auto industry.

Price point is one of the main reasons.

Get notified of new replies

To Saw the C8 uncovered... wow

Old 08-16-2018, 04:09 PM
ltomn
Pro

Received 240 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by pietro c7

Those prices your suggestion would be a huge turn off
for corvette first,
They would be the biggest loser.
Ticking off most of their current ,and aspiring client base is probably not a great idea...
And that won’t happen.

REALITY is Corvette sells more 2 seat sports cars then anyone else,it’s a fantastic and profitable program,and is the envy of the auto industry.

Price point is one of the main reasons.

And they will continue to provide those price points for vehicles that the Corvette faithful have come to enjoy. That is exactly how they will not alienate the base. Many of us have been suggesting this all along. The continuation of the FE line up and the addition of the ME model and it's sub models. Just another vehicle in the mix to expand the patronage.
The following 2 users liked this post by ltomn:
91ZR1 (08-16-2018), Rapid Fred (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 04:13 PM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by ltomn
And they will continue to provide those price points for vehicles that the Corvette faithful have come to enjoy. That is exactly how they will not alienate the base. Many of us have been suggesting this all along. The continuation of the FE line up and the addition of the ME model and it's sub models. Just another vehicle in the mix to expand the patronage.

In that case ownership of a new FE car would be the equivalent of owning a Camaro....
but with no backseat...
Is it the next corvette or not?
Sales would tank beyond belief.
fasttoys (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 04:41 PM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

I'm sure GM knows what they're doing.

But, you don't know what GM is doing so...
IronV (08-16-2018)

Quick Reply: Saw the C8 uncovered... wow