Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waiting list for C8

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 11:55 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
Quite correct.

There are many ways to "put down a deposit" on just about anything. Even a seller/dealer's word can honor a "deposit." I've done it many times. And sometimes, you need an attorney to draft the agreement. It just all depends....doesn't it?
OK. Fair enough. Guide us through the entire process with a deposit on your C8 then?

Old 03-04-2019, 12:03 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Originally Posted by Raisin Man
Like other folks responding to this thread, I noted my interest in ZR1 with Mike Furman before the car was formally confirmed for production. Also like those interested in an earlier C8 delivery, I was betting ZR1 would be a hoot to own and drive and - surprise - Tadge & Co. would get it right. They did.

I suspect people queuing for C8 now are similarly convinced that car will be well-executed as well. The advance interest in C8 is not hard to understand.

Finally, I think astute salesmen like Mike really don’t care too much about a “deposit”. I think he’s more interested in gauging sincere interest in a new car (C8 in this case) from responsible persons who are willing and able to purchase when they get the call that an allocation is available. I tried to give Mike a deposit via credit card for ZR1 on a few occasions - and he took the information - but never used the card. I’m sure he takes deposits, but IMHO it’s really just one of several methods good sales representatives use to separate real buyers from wannabes.
Whether Mike will take a deposit or not, doesn't guarantee your rotation on your order being placed in order. It is all dependent on your making up your mind very quickly on how you want it equipped. The more you hem and haw, the further down the list you go. Time is of the essence here. Mike isn't going to start and stop his ordering for indecisive potential buyers. Here again - you snooze, you lose rotation.. .. Be ready, and be decisive. ..
Old 03-04-2019, 01:45 PM
RonnieC6Z
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 230 Posts

I have been on the C8 wait list of 4 dealers here in the L.A. area (near the top of the lists), all whom I have done business with in the past, and none required a deposit.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:52 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
Whether Mike will take a deposit or not, doesn't guarantee your rotation on your order being placed in order. It is all dependent on your making up your mind very quickly on how you want it equipped. The more you hem and haw, the further down the list you go. Time is of the essence here. Mike isn't going to start and stop his ordering for indecisive potential buyers. Here again - you snooze, you lose rotation.. .. Be ready, and be decisive. ..
Skid Row Joe is right, that we as buyers need to be ready with everyone of our order details decided once the dealership is starting to put in orders. However, Mike is a man of 1000% integrity, and if you are the next up on his list and you are ready with your order’s final specs, yours will be the very next order he submits. He plays no games, is a 100% straight shooter at all times. Every one of his deal folders are time and date stamped, and there is zero deviation from that order if we too are ready to go when we get Mike’s call.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:03 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
OK. Fair enough. Guide us through the entire process with a deposit on your C8 then?

See "Elegant" post #44; that's one way. The others include one which is sort of timeless: you say, I want this and get told you're on. Maybe a number's given, maybe not. Money does, or doesn't have to change hands. Lead time can be long enough, or too short. It's called, "trust" and "your word," both as a buyer and a seller.

I'm a contracts person; have done more than most. I know when to use them. In every situation, it's always, always, always about intent---whether written contract or "your word.". You'd be surprised how many people, when reminded they gave "their word," remember how to act.

In my case, unless it's biz, there's very little that I can't walk away from, and I do if the person or biz's word is broken. Buying a car is not my biz. I do walk. Until I find the right person or biz to buy from.

Quick Reply: Waiting list for C8