Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 interior - resemblance

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 07:04 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by blipit_
If you want to know why the high end sports cars and supercars have alcantara. Alcantara is less than 1/2 the weight of leather. When manufacturers are trying to get every ounce of weight out of cars like Huracan Performante, 488 Pista, etc...they use alcantara. It is also very grippy, holds you in the seat during high g corners. Personally I find alcantara very easy to take care of, you just have to keep it clean by using a quality alcantara cleaner once a month. A bonus, in hot weather it makes not having cooling seats a non issue.
I like it in function but I like the prefer the look of leather.

My new car I just picked up has Alcantara center sections and it is nice once you sit, you are staying there if you have the side bolsters up.

Old 08-25-2018, 08:03 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,756 Likes on 3,174 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrisrokc
Alcantara makes since for parts you do not touch. Roof liner, pillars, etc.

As for the motor placement, you can do other things like active noise cancellation to help defeat the noise. Not asking for silence, but extra road noise protection. Porsche does sound deadening windows as an option. That would be a plus.
if the radio **** climate control **** and turn signal stalk are not Alcantara? I'm not buying the freaking car....

jk...

but not really. I like the material....alot...
Old 08-29-2018, 03:25 AM
jma242
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 109 Posts

Given that it is ME I'm hoping they reduce the size of the center console. Very awkward having your right arm on top of it all the time.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:27 AM
NY09C6
Le Mans Master

Received 627 Likes on 363 Posts

It is a sports car. I would like a very basic interior without lots of bells and whistles.
The following 3 users liked this post by NY09C6:
ArmchairArchitect (08-29-2018), PurpleLion (08-29-2018), TNBUSA (09-05-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 09:10 AM
Mjolitor 68
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 155 Posts

Stronger poonanie magnet

Last edited by Mjolitor 68; 08-29-2018 at 09:11 AM.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:03 PM
CitznFish
Drifting

Received 1,347 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by jma242
Given that it is ME I'm hoping they reduce the size of the center console. Very awkward having your right arm on top of it all the time.
I always felt that was a comfortable driving position TBH.

Maybe we will get an adjustable height center console.

Actually, hang on, let me go file a patent for that brilliant idea!
Old 08-29-2018, 02:22 PM
foreverfuelie
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 138 Posts

I too would like to chime in regarding the “sueded microfiber” Alcantera is a brand name. I have the 3LZ on my ‘15 Z06 with the Comp seats and love it. The steering wheel still looks new, (after 13k+) with no matting, or “dirty look” and not only looks great but makes aggressive (read Autocross and HPDE’s) much easier based on previous all “slick leather” wheels. I do not wear gloves, ever. I do regularly wash my hands though ��. As was stated earlier, the “hold you in your seat” and cooler factor is a major plus too. I like the trim with the “soft look” too, as it adds a certain elegance to the interior. I just struggle with folks that condemn things that they have no first hand experience with. JMHO
Old 08-29-2018, 02:45 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by foreverfuelie
I too would like to chime in regarding the “sueded microfiber” Alcantera is a brand name. I have the 3LZ on my ‘15 Z06 with the Comp seats and love it. The steering wheel still looks new, (after 13k+) with no matting, or “dirty look” and not only looks great but makes aggressive (read Autocross and HPDE’s) much easier based on previous all “slick leather” wheels. I do not wear gloves, ever. I do regularly wash my hands though ��. As was stated earlier, the “hold you in your seat” and cooler factor is a major plus too. I like the trim with the “soft look” too, as it adds a certain elegance to the interior. I just struggle with folks that condemn things that they have no first hand experience with. JMHO
Well said. What really confuses me, though, is the lack of love for proper cloth seats. I had them in my '93 (last year you could get them) and they were reasonably cool in the summer, not chilly in the winter, held me in place during spirited driving, and amazingly wore WAY better than the leather seats of that era (and I suspect better than today's Vette leather seats!). Heck I even liked how they looked (there's 90K miles on those things shown below).

The market has spoken -- but I completely don't get it. Heck, though, I'm usually a maverick on these threads anyway...
Old 08-29-2018, 04:27 PM
ColoradoGS
Racer

Received 347 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by foreverfuelie
I just struggle with folks that condemn things that they have no first hand experience with.
Condemn is a strong word but it is very difficult to test some of the new materials when ordering a vehicle sight-unseen as many people were forced to do with a Corvette. It's not like you can order something, take delivery, and then change your mind.

As an example, when I was ordering my arctic white GS, I wanted a red interior but I thought the full red interior would be too much. I had a choice between the two-tone (all leather, black w/ red inserts) or the suede inserts (red with black inserts). I asked people to post pictures of the suede seats option and in every one of them I could see the direction of the suede fibers. It just looked worn to me even though the pics posted were of well maintained vehicles. Yes, personal preference, but if I can tell someone has sat in a seat after they leave then I don't like the look. The perfect look of (well-maintained) leather is unbeatable. I do understand it is less grippy but this is one time I prefer form over function.

I asked about the alcantara steering wheel options as well. A number of people said maintaining it was "easy", they just brushed it frequently with a special brush designed for suede. That was enough to send me back to the leather.

Honestly though I doubt this will be an issue on the ME. I'm sure they will have both leather and alcantara steering wheel options. There will no doubt be leather seats but I can imagine the competition seats being alcantara if they truly are going for the ultimate performance at all costs angle.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:33 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

Based on the newly released pics, I'll bet OP really did have inside baseball in his other post and the naysayers can go back to their cubicles and sulk

Last edited by Parcival; 09-03-2018 at 01:33 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Parcival:
Rapid Fred (09-03-2018), rsvette12 (09-03-2018), snow (09-05-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 06:43 PM
TFen
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 88 Posts

I never debated him seeing the interior. I called him out for being a liar on every other point he made and pretending to know more than he did. Especially when it ran contrary to what I've already been told by somebody I know, for a fact, is working on the project.

Go back and read his original thread to see how many times he contradicted himself, change things from fact to opinion and pretended to know marketing/launch info that he eventually flip flopped on. Not only that be he changed his "source" many times. Sometimes it was him, other times a friend.

He's just a guy who saw something exciting, had nobody close to him who gave a **** about it and took to the internet for some anonymous attention from strangers - making **** up along the way to drum up more attention.

Oh, and he described the emblem, in his own words, as basically being this. Almost as if he forgot that he saw it on here:

There's exactly 0 chance that the emblem ends up looking like that.

Last edited by TFen; 09-03-2018 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:32 AM
Parcival
Drifting

Originally Posted by Fenwick
I never debated him seeing the interior. I called him out for being a liar on every other point he made and pretending to know more than he did. Especially when it ran contrary to what I've already been told by somebody I know, for a fact, is working on the project.

Go back and read his original thread to see how many times he contradicted himself, change things from fact to opinion and pretended to know marketing/launch info that he eventually flip flopped on. Not only that be he changed his "source" many times. Sometimes it was him, other times a friend.

He's just a guy who saw something exciting, had nobody close to him who gave a **** about it and took to the internet for some anonymous attention from strangers - making **** up along the way to drum up more attention.

Oh, and he described the emblem, in his own words, as basically being this. Almost as if he forgot that he saw it on here:

There's exactly 0 chance that the emblem ends up looking like that.
few things:
1. It may be your writing style but you have a ranty b—hy tone, which smacks of a “methinks the lady doth protest too much” feel.

2. You just popped up as a user in the last month-ish, so who are you (u only said something like you’re as “blue collar” as they come), and why should we believe you. Maybe you’re legit but add #1 and it’s very Troll-y. i thought as much in the thread that was closed down but didn’t bother to comment.

3. If memory serves, the OP was trying to tell us something and you were more obsessed with disproving him (perhaps with the info your other alleged source gave you) and then got fixated on the emblem- the OP wasn’t originally focused on it in his reporting. Now that the newly released pics confirm some details ( eg, central stack and big front facing digital screen visible from side), you’re still talking abt the emblem and how you proved him a “liar” even though his original point is made. This is a propaganda technique often used (“i was right even though it wasn’t the point”.)

just sayin’- thanks for the entertainment value!

Last edited by Parcival; 09-04-2018 at 11:34 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Parcival:
CorvettoBrando (09-04-2018), Rapid Fred (09-04-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 12:21 PM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by Parcival
Based on the newly released pics, I'll bet OP really did have inside baseball in his other post and the naysayers can go back to their cubicles and sulk
Not really,
The « fake zerz »could have seen the interior,
but the issue with him is the B.S about the name of the car,he was claiming he was someone else,said the price was 150k,claimed he drove it,and so on.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:23 PM
texel
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoradoGS
Condemn is a strong word but it is very difficult to test some of the new materials when ordering a vehicle sight-unseen as many people were forced to do with a Corvette. It's not like you can order something, take delivery, and then change your mind.

As an example, when I was ordering my arctic white GS, I wanted a red interior but I thought the full red interior would be too much. I had a choice between the two-tone (all leather, black w/ red inserts) or the suede inserts (red with black inserts). I asked people to post pictures of the suede seats option and in every one of them I could see the direction of the suede fibers. It just looked worn to me even though the pics posted were of well maintained vehicles. Yes, personal preference, but if I can tell someone has sat in a seat after they leave then I don't like the look. The perfect look of (well-maintained) leather is unbeatable. I do understand it is less grippy but this is one time I prefer form over function.

I asked about the alcantara steering wheel options as well. A number of people said maintaining it was "easy", they just brushed it frequently with a special brush designed for suede. That was enough to send me back to the leather.

Honestly though I doubt this will be an issue on the ME. I'm sure they will have both leather and alcantara steering wheel options. There will no doubt be leather seats but I can imagine the competition seats being alcantara if they truly are going for the ultimate performance at all costs angle.
Humm ..
The following users liked this post:
Melody88 (09-06-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 02:31 PM
ArmchairArchitect
Banned Scam/Spammer

Location: Philadelphia PA (Birthplace of the USA, UNESCO World Heritage City)
Received 3,916 Likes on 1,616 Posts

I really like the new C8 center waterfall design.

I don't like how previous Corvettes had the center console angled towards the driver- some BMWs are like this too. It may make things slightly more accessible to the driver, but as a passenger, it's awkward and makes you feel like you're disconnected/closed off from the rest of the cabin as well as the driver.

Last edited by ArmchairArchitect; 09-05-2018 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:47 PM
RandomTask
Race Director

Received 276 Likes on 144 Posts

Ejecto Seatos, Cuz. . .

Please.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:39 AM
TFen
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Parcival

few things:
1. It may be your writing style but you have a ranty b—hy tone, which smacks of a “methinks the lady doth protest too much” feel.

2. You just popped up as a user in the last month-ish, so who are you (u only said something like you’re as “blue collar” as they come), and why should we believe you. Maybe you’re legit but add #1 and it’s very Troll-y. i thought as much in the thread that was closed down but didn’t bother to comment.

3. If memory serves, the OP was trying to tell us something and you were more obsessed with disproving him (perhaps with the info your other alleged source gave you) and then got fixated on the emblem- the OP wasn’t originally focused on it in his reporting. Now that the newly released pics confirm some details ( eg, central stack and big front facing digital screen visible from side), you’re still talking abt the emblem and how you proved him a “liar” even though his original point is made. This is a propaganda technique often used (“i was right even though it wasn’t the point”.)

just sayin’- thanks for the entertainment value!
I never once argued about him claiming to have seen the interior. I kept quiet until he was adamant that the ME would be a limited production deal, priced over 100k. I got vocal at that point because it was contrary to the info I've received from an industry professional who gets contracted by various manufacturers and is currently working on the project. This guys info has always been on the level in the past and he never over-speaks or divulges anything that'll get him in hot-water. As I said, he's a professional and wouldn't jeopardize his career for the "glory" of leaking info - especially to strangers on the internet.

So you saying “i was right even though it wasn’t the point” is baseless because the point I was making was that this guy is full of **** on virtually everything he was saying. including (but not limited to):
-Pricing
-Production numbers
-Emblem
-Variants available at launch (base, vert, high-perf)
-FE and ME available concurrently
-Branding (ZORA, C8, non-corvette GM branded vehicle, etc.)

I even said from the start that I believe he's probably seen it. It doesn't take a genius, however, to deduce that he was lying about all the other stuff, which by that time had become the focus of the thread.

Don't flame me for your lack of reading comprehension. All I was trying to do was debunk this attention starved child and add some solid info (and reason) to the mix.

I'm done commenting, though. This really is a frustrating, naive bunch. I stand by what I said regarding ZERVs brand of nonsense not being able to gain momentum on other sites.

Get notified of new replies

To C8 interior - resemblance

Old 09-05-2018, 07:58 AM
Ernest
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hilarious !
Old 09-05-2018, 11:00 AM
Parcival
Drifting

Originally Posted by Fenwick
I got vocal at that point because it was contrary to the info I've received from an industry professional who gets contracted by various manufacturers and is currently working on the project. This guys info has always been on the level in the past and he never over-speaks or divulges anything that'll get him in hot-water. As I said, he's a professional and wouldn't jeopardize his career for the "glory" of leaking info - especially to strangers on the internet.

...is baseless because the point I was making was that this guy is full of **** on virtually everything he was saying

Don't flame me for your lack of reading comprehension. All I was trying to do was debunk this attention starved child and add some solid info (and reason) to the mix.

I'm done commenting, though. This really is a frustrating, naive bunch. I stand by what I said regarding ZERVs brand of nonsense not being able to gain momentum on other sites.

let me get this straight... You were offended that he was contradicting some allegedly reputable source u have when you’re a shadowy guy (no history here) and OP is the one “attention starved”.

pls correct my “reading comprehension” —but I’m just highlighting your words.

Sorry u got butt hurt when u came on here to Troll and felt possibly scooped!!

Fer everyone else , that was the abridged version. Geeeeeez try to be more Hemingway like Member Pietro C7- maybe a reason no one understands u?!

Last edited by Parcival; 09-05-2018 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:55 PM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody,
is to trust them.

Ernest C7

Thats what happened with our buddy.

Quick Reply: C8 interior - resemblance