Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Congrats to GM Engineering!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 10:55 AM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Thank you jd_black_00! Well done. Gives us another perspective, and additional views are always welcomed.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:45 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by norge1956
Best render yet. Love those Ferrari type wheels. Do you have a rear view?
I changed a few things. The main engine coolant radiator vents are on top of the hood. This airflow goes straight into the side intakes. This is lower density air and OK for the low HP version. There are versions that have a single outlet on top of the hood where most of the flow goes over the roof which has some negative effect over the rear wing or spoiler but reduces lift over the roof. High HP version. The side intake has laminar flow problems and the F488 places the intake for mainly the intercoolers in a more efficient location. See cooler in front of the rear wheel?

I sure hope the side vent is not shaped like this. The aero guys and the stylists will have to duke that out. This looks good but the wheel wells are much higher than the street version. Street version needs to be channeled.

This section carefully hidden. Much CFD creativity takes place on the sides of street and track cars.

The ridge is for styling but it interrupts attachment.

Another view of the OHV C8 main radiator outlets.
The outlet over the hood will be for the main radiator for the high HP version.

Left side for C8 Z06 and ZR1 versions. Right side for the OHV engine.

Someone here said the placement of the intercoolers is more 'thermally efficient'. Watch out for the fake news here. This, together with the 5000 psi fuel pump is the reason I would never buy this version. I would get the N/A GS and loose the DI.

The chassis is going to be much cheaper to manufacture than the C7 chassis and a first in the auto industry. The C9 FE will use the same technology.

There seems to be some variations on the rear outlets. Diff clutches, gearbox and other duties.

There is no such thing as a blown spoiler. More fake news. There are proper airfoil sections at each side and quite possibly an active flap to activate the center section of the spoiler. Similar to the DRL flap on F1 cars.

OHV engine which I would buy.

The cavity above the cbr may have a flap that closes it increasing downforce and drag. I would hope the combustion intake would be at the B pillar but this could be it. I don't know what that ARB looking thing is at the bottom but a proper diffuser is called for on the high HP versions of this car. Heck, the competition has it.

Last edited by Shaka; 09-09-2018 at 12:50 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Shaka:
68roadster (09-06-2018), firstvettesoon (09-06-2018), vettesweetnos (09-07-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 03:03 PM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

c7 spy shots

Last edited by pologreen1; 09-06-2018 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:28 PM
Walter Raulerson
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by darion
fun? Speculation? It's just the kind of talk ya get when something new is expected. Plus, gm feeds this stuff out, they love it! Suppose we could just forget it till the reveal but what fun would that be. Lol

pc
nah
Old 09-06-2018, 03:31 PM
Walter Raulerson
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic Fred

(a) Very credible...

(b) I hope so...
I don't how it could be done but I hope the front doesn't look like a C7 so far it does

Old 09-06-2018, 03:35 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Originally Posted by pologreen1
c7 spy shots

Nice, maybe it will have round tail lights. I had a Polo Green 90 and a Polo Green 93 ZR1. The 90 seats were the most expensive Corvettes seats to date.

Old 09-06-2018, 05:04 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by Walter Raulerson
I don't how it could be done but I hope the front doesn't look like a C7 so far it does
i see a family resemblance in that render; no more, no less. If the real thing turns out that way I’d be great with it. But then, I think family resemblance to the striking C7 is a good thing — especially if the hood is that different and the headlights have a unique character. Porsche has done that for decades and it seems to work very well for them.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:09 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by pologreen1
c7 spy shots

Lord that is ugly. If they release that mess nobody will buy it. Well, we haven’t seen the rear yet. Perhaps those beautiful classic round tail lamps will save this god-awful mess from the dumpster fire
Old 09-06-2018, 05:41 PM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

Lord that is ugly. If they release that mess nobody will buy it. Well, we haven’t seen the rear yet. Perhaps those beautiful classic round tail lamps will save this god-awful mess from the dumpster fire

I agree. What disgusting design. Horrible. There are no upward sweeping curves to breakup that high waistline. The rear is as high as an elephant's eye. It's high, narrow and represents nothing about what a Corvette should be.

Last edited by C7pimp; 09-06-2018 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:07 PM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Received 495 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Presenting... For your review and comment... The CHUNK PARADE!!!

Originally Posted by C7pimp
I agree. What disgusting design. Horrible. There are no upward sweeping curves to breakup that high waistline. The rear is as high as an elephant's eye. It's high, narrow and represents nothing about what a Corvette should be.
OPEN WIDE FOR CHUNKY!!!

Last edited by IronV; 09-06-2018 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:24 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

How can you tell? Only the front and rear facias will change. Maybe we will see the return of this beautiful thing.

Old 09-09-2018, 10:59 AM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Corvette 1467

Once again why does everyone act like they know what the car looks like?!
Funny statement, at best, as I never said I know what it looks like. What I said, and many in here agree with, is that there is some OBVIOUS line changes and hides going on with the current wrap. Guess reading for content is a trick for some......
The following users liked this post:
Rapid Fred (09-09-2018)
Old 09-09-2018, 02:52 PM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Received 495 Likes on 260 Posts
Default I wish it was True. I hope it's True. But...

Originally Posted by WhiteDiamond
Funny statement, at best, as I never said I know what it looks like. What I said, and many in here agree with, is that there is some OBVIOUS line changes and hides going on with the current wrap. Guess reading for content is a trick for some......
The basic lines and proportions are not going to change. Chunky Monkey is here to stay.

Quick Reply: Congrats to GM Engineering!!