Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like a Corvette Crossover may be in the works..

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 07:05 PM
bebezote
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette

if you would entertain the question which nameplate has a greater positive public perception ...chevrolet or the corvette..

acknowldging that corvette has greater favorables then the idea of a hot rod four door porsche macan competitor named corvette xcross (or whatever) would be a smart play by GM.

instead GM showed us a very cool blazer SS last month.

it was pretty hot looking ..

i wont buy it becaise the better half wont own a bowtie prodict. She is a badge snob. If their was a corvette hotrod crossover for under 80 grand i would be able to convince her to get one...the blazer ss she wouldnt do...she doesnt know anything about cars. She is just a traditional surburban wife that is not out of the norm.

Corvette branded i could buy her. A cadillac yes. Audi, bmw ,mercedes, lexus, acura, alfa romeo, maserati, jaguar, infiniti, GMC maybe a buick...but chevrolet is off the table for her and her friends...same with toyota, nissan, but she would surprisingly go for a mazda maybe..

corvette crosstek would expand the chevrolet brand consumer base...

instead the old boys and girls in detroit think Nlazer SS can swing it...and im not sure it can....chevrolet is still surpringly and unwarranted as a damaged brand (image)

spot on... marketing high end is what I do as a profession.

the story works.. 100%
Old 09-10-2018, 07:17 PM
fasttoys
Melting Slicks

Received 1,260 Likes on 558 Posts

Originally Posted by bebezote
5 years ago..id agree w you 100%... though with the lambo, Range Rover, tomahawk.. etc..., and other high end crossovers... not so sure now... I could actually imagine it... what better way to come in hot... the pitch could be really strong... the noise in the market would be huge.. and branding it corvette would work very well.. the crossover market is big.. and for high end buyers... they could fit the garage with matching white, black whatever. corvettes... (dont underestimate this) high end buyers think just like that... double corvettes....200k out the door for both.. the pitch is strong.

if you see the link here.: https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...s-of-2018.html
Cars are not selling SUV’s & Trucks are the direction the United States been going for years. Another reason Ford is moving away from cars.

Since we are playing speculators here is a crazy thought. FE is done and the only Corvette is the ME following the C6 & C7, base/Z51 Z06 then ZR1. To please the people that want performance and cargo you can buy the Corvette SUV since the ME won’t have the room. This explains the extra space they have at the BG assembly plant. Now you have a performance brand

Last edited by fasttoys; 09-10-2018 at 09:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bebezote (09-10-2018)
Old 09-10-2018, 07:54 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Good. They need one.

If they do a performance brand, which I hope they do, then the FE and ME both fit along with an SUV.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:15 PM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Weird....GM builds SUVs?

This is in the Corvette section why? Oh, somebody put Corvette in the headline so people would read it....Nobody cares about SUVs, until Corvette is in the headline...
Old 09-10-2018, 10:20 PM
senah
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 101 Posts

if gm builds it, imo it will be because they think a corvette 4dr 4wd will sell well BECAUSE of the name and they are losing an opportunity to increase profits by not producing one. sports car only people that don't want one need to understand that is exactly why gm might build it; because it will attract a different segment of buyers that will. anything that helps make the corvette viable and available for the distant foreseeable future is a good thing for all of us who love the 2 seater version.

Last edited by senah; 09-10-2018 at 10:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bebezote (09-10-2018)
Old 09-10-2018, 10:29 PM
bebezote
Pro

Originally Posted by senah
if gm builds it, imo it will be because they think a corvette 4dr 4wd will sell well BECAUSE of the name and they are losing an opportunity to increase profits by not producing one. sports car only people that don't want one need to understand that is exactly why gm might build it; because it will attract a different segment of buyers that will. anything that helps make the corvette viable and available for the distant foreseeable future is a good thing for all of us who love the 2 seater version.
exactly..brand building without market conflict...
Old 09-10-2018, 10:42 PM
senah
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rip74
If GM creates a 'Corvette' brand I would expect a fast four door family focused car of some sort to be in the lineup. Of course that is a big if to start that sentence.
this reminds me of the c8 nonsense in the beginning when it was driving around the track and people were still saying it didn't exist. what do you think that picture of a vehicle posted by gm authority in the opening post driving around the track is?

i admit it could be anything, but gm authority does not typically make wild unsubstantiated claims.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:49 PM
senah
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Zerv02
What........

whatever that thing is.... its anything BUT a corvette

if anything, its some sporty variant of the trailblazer or something, it is the GM proving grounds after all... inclusive to ALL GM vehicles

I say trailblazer resurrection, or trailblazer coupe, or even more likely, a Cadillac crossover...

don't bet the farm on it.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:15 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Chevy SS didn't sell. Corvette SUV may not either. People generally don't care that much about the performance of an SUV. They care about image. Corvette is a Chevy, sold and serviced at Chevy dealers. Not the greatest image.

Last edited by Michael A; 09-10-2018 at 11:16 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:16 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I have said for years the Corvette should be it's own brand outside of Chevy. And, they should sell some in selected Caddy dealers.

If they build something great to go along side the Zora, who cares? Not everyone wants a low 2 seat sports car.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:30 AM
RamAirDave
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id like to see a Typhoon resurrection!
Old 09-11-2018, 07:32 AM
evanft
Racer

Received 192 Likes on 85 Posts

It looks like a completely nondescript SUV. What clickbait nonsense.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:16 AM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by evanft
It looks like a completely nondescript SUV. What clickbait nonsense.
Look how skinny the tires are? Also GM doesn't have an CUV platform to build a performance SUV. They are all FWD. They would have to sell a lot of them to pay for an all new RWD platform or some derivative of an existing RWD car platform. They can't use the pickup truck platform if they want performance.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:38 AM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

GM would be taking a very large gamble to complete a "successful" transition from FE to ME on Corvette AND introduce SUV. IF they do expand the Corvette brand I wouldn't expect it to happen quickly. Personally, I feel that introducing ME Zora as halo car followed by updated FE would be a better plan THEN if all was good consider sport SUV. We haven't seen a successful launch of ME being tested yet...time will tell. However I do believe in keeping the concept design processes moving forward and thoughts flowing...everything we see was at first an idea some of which bring collateral benefit to brands.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:52 AM
bebezote
Pro

Originally Posted by RamAirDave
Id like to see a Typhoon resurrection!

like this.... lol... hitting low 9's

Old 09-12-2018, 04:31 PM
C5Driver
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 93 Posts

I can't wait until the SUV comes out and all the soccer Moms bombard Corvettes at Carlisle in there SUVs.......
Old 09-12-2018, 06:01 PM
F4Gary
Le Mans Master

Received 776 Likes on 469 Posts
2018 C3 of Year Finalist
2016 C3 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Tally Ho
Resurrection of the Blazer. Corvette is not a make but a model so don't expect a Corvette SUV/Crossover. Porsche, Lambo, Maserati are makes with SUV models. If Corvette was a stand alone make, I might be inclined to believe the possibility otherwise it's just another model in Chevrolet's line up.
This. There is no 911 SUV and there will be no Corvette SUV.

Get notified of new replies

To Looks like a Corvette Crossover may be in the works..

Old 09-12-2018, 06:42 PM
Time for a C-5
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 179 Posts

The lack of a sporty SUV/CUV is a hole in GM's line up. This hole should have been plugged years ago. No, I don't think it will (or should) be a Corvette. How about the 3.0tt caddy engine in a XT5? Had that been available I would not have bought my F-Pace. I'm glad it wasn't - I love my Jag.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:39 AM
MikeG37
Drifting

Received 756 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Driver
I can't wait until the SUV comes out and all the soccer Moms bombard Corvettes at Carlisle in there SUVs.......
Old 09-13-2018, 02:37 AM
senah
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by F4Gary
This. There is no 911 SUV and there will be no Corvette SUV.
there is a porsche macan suv and a porsche cayenne suv. there is no porsche 911 suv. there will be no corvette stingray suv, or corvette zora suv; however there might be a corvette snowstorm suv.

Last edited by senah; 09-13-2018 at 02:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Looks like a Corvette Crossover may be in the works..