Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMG, Corvette SUV

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 10:01 AM
bebezote
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette
Id bet a ton of porsche 911 owners also bought their better alfs cayennes and now macans..

giving your wife the awd sports cuv of the same brand as your sports car definitely rates as one of the smartest moves any husband can do..

an extra ten grand over a more traditional branded cuv is the best money any husband can spend.

chevrolet brand by itself is a wounded brand. Most chicks dont want one. They want a much heralded brand name with their cuv..

hence tons of mercedes , bmw, aud, alfa, porsche cuvs are being sold...

gm could play catch up and easily surpass those german or italian brand cuv sales with a sports cuv either lt1 v8 or full ev like the jaguar I pace if it would just create and brand its hot rod soft road cuv corvette crosstrek..or wjatever the marketing department decides ..

as a family man when we go out we always take the wifes cuv. The fact the alfa stelvio ti sport is a great handling excellent accelerating and braking vehicle swayed my suggestion to my better half.

anytime a husband can get his better half to enjoy a passionate driving experience with an iconic nameplate such as corvette its a big win...in the bonus points area of a marriage..

if the corvette team has a high performance cuv when its time to replace my alfa stelvio for my wife itll be a slam dunk for me to be a hero and get her kne.

she didnt want another cadillac. She didnt want a buick. She definitely didnt want a chevy...she wanted a porsche, a mercedes, an audi or an alfa...she also considered the lexus rx350 as well but the alfa was more fun to drive and she noticed the difference.

the girls liked the blazer ss when i showed it to them as a corvette cuv but once i said it was a blazer SS...it fell down in the ratings..

im not making this **** up..it just is what it is..

gm and the corvette team are in the business to sell products...and make money..

a corvette ev cuv would be a slam dunk for printing cash and it makes it easier for me to sign on the dotted line for my own 2seat rear mid engine corvette sports car..

I could easily buy both on the same day..

just food for thought in case gm actually reads these threads.

thats what market research means and filling white space of new segments..

lamborghini urus sales are off the charts and lamborghini is having its best year ever...

that hot rod sports soft road cuv is where the growth market is and its literally todays halo vehicle for every brand..

could be for corvette too and it would shed favorable opinions on other chevy products in the showrooms as well..

As a marketing professional of high end items only.... Jerri's post is line by line 100%. CORRECT.... a case laid out point by point.... well done Jerri.

Hard to add anything... its just CORRECT in all ways.

If you build it, we will come.
The following users liked this post:
JerriVette (09-17-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 05:18 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,792 Likes on 4,231 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by bebezote
respectfully disagree... nothing domestic that competes w the urus or macan.... most people that tow..have a dually for the sunsation , hot suv to run to work and back.., mountains, skiing, beach..and sports car..... its for the 6 plus car garage family...w heated concrete driveway and copper roof.. and that segment is exploding right now...even for their twin 18 year old kids (double Vette package).. I definitely see the appeal.
I’d take a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 over either of those; if I wanted to get real crazy the Trackhawk Edition. If I felt like taking the entire family I could go with a Durango SRT8. GM has gotten out of control with their pricing on base Tahoes & Yukon’s $60k for 2wd, cloth interior & crappy 18” wheels - no thanks.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:24 PM
Jerseyvinny
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the idea of a Corvette SUV is ludicrous. BUT, how many of you remember seeing the early GM experimental Corvette renderings? The were 3 distinct body styles. A fastback, a roadster ( the one that went into production) and the third, while it wasn’t what I would call an SUV, it had a Corvette front and the rear was what later showed up on the Chevy Nomad station wagon. So it’s already been done (sort of). Doesn’t anyone else remember those cars?
Old 09-17-2018, 11:45 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Would i buy a corvette cuv for myself? Hell no...but if one were available and it was as i described earlier...i would have surely bought one for my wife instead of considering a macan or the bright red alfa stelvio ti sport i ended up recently getting her.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:09 AM
Quinten33
Burning Brakes

Received 536 Likes on 238 Posts

Can't we just take the updated Alpha platform and stick a sexy SUV body on it? Use all of Camaro engineering, but on a CT5 wheelbase and design the interior and exterior with all of the signature Corvette cues. Corvette wives across the country will rejoice, and GM will be laughing all the way to the bank.
The following 2 users liked this post by Quinten33:
bebezote (09-18-2018), JerriVette (09-18-2018)
Old 09-18-2018, 09:36 AM
tomlink
Pro

Received 221 Likes on 124 Posts

I would trade our Hemi Jeep Grand Cherokee for a LT1 Corvette SUV/x-over in a heartbeat.
The following 2 users liked this post by tomlink:
bebezote (09-18-2018), JerriVette (09-18-2018)
Old 09-18-2018, 10:23 AM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1,195 Likes on 592 Posts

The entire compact suv segment is just stupid. Sedan's perform better, handle better in all circumstances, provide actual comfortable seating for at least 4 adults and in almost every situation provide more usable cargo space. Small SUV's are only as popular as they are because of the hate for minivan's, which again, in every measure of utility provide more actual utility than any small SUV. Now take a crazy stupid platform designed from the beginning to simply fill a want for buyers not smart enough to just get a sedan rather than a minivan or oversized SUV for their needs and try to make it handle and perform. Is it possible? Yes, anything is possible but should smart educated consumers be buying them? No. Its a fad that at some point the public will realize just how foolish they were to shell out real money for these highly compromised vehicles in the first place.

Any smart husband would simply have their wife test drive a "pseudo-sport" CUV (don't care what make or model it is) with a comparably priced and configured sports sedan. If after this test drive she cannot describe any of the real differences in actual performance, handling, space, ergonomics then your wasting your money on these crazy things and the market will shrivel and die out as it should just like every other crazy fad in automotive history. The only good thing at the moment is really "smart" buyers have an edge due to the lack of overall interest in sedans. There are some really good examples on the market right now and deals can be made.

So a compact suv branded a corvette? Completely, utterly, ridiculous and does nothing but water down the nameplate and open it up to be the butt of even more jokes. If it has to be done simply inject more "sportiness" (cannot even type this without laughing) into what is already happening over in the Cadillac brand and call it a day. If GM cannot compete with all the other crap out there in the existing high dollar cuv market with a high-end Cadillac branded "no holds barred" offering then I cannot see how slapping the Corvette sticker on the side of one of these abominations makes it sell.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:55 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Originally Posted by JDSKY
The entire compact suv segment is just stupid. Sedan's perform better, handle better in all circumstances, provide actual comfortable seating for at least 4 adults and in almost every situation provide more usable cargo space. Small SUV's are only as popular as they are because of the hate for minivan's, which again, in every measure of utility provide more actual utility than any small SUV. Now take a crazy stupid platform designed from the beginning to simply fill a want for buyers not smart enough to just get a sedan rather than a minivan or oversized SUV for their needs and try to make it handle and perform. Is it possible? Yes, anything is possible but should smart educated consumers be buying them? No. Its a fad that at some point the public will realize just how foolish they were to shell out real money for these highly compromised vehicles in the first place.

Any smart husband would simply have their wife test drive a "pseudo-sport" CUV (don't care what make or model it is) with a comparably priced and configured sports sedan. If after this test drive she cannot describe any of the real differences in actual performance, handling, space, ergonomics then your wasting your money on these crazy things and the market will shrivel and die out as it should just like every other crazy fad in automotive history. The only good thing at the moment is really "smart" buyers have an edge due to the lack of overall interest in sedans. There are some really good examples on the market right now and deals can be made.

So a compact suv branded a corvette? Completely, utterly, ridiculous and does nothing but water down the nameplate and open it up to be the butt of even more jokes. If it has to be done simply inject more "sportiness" (cannot even type this without laughing) into what is already happening over in the Cadillac brand and call it a day. If GM cannot compete with all the other crap out there in the existing high dollar cuv market with a high-end Cadillac branded "no holds barred" offering then I cannot see how slapping the Corvette sticker on the side of one of these abominations makes it sell.
go drive a porsche macan or a alfa stelvio ti sport and get back to us.

cadillacs xt5 and upcoming xt4 are turds in comparision with regards to sports cuvs...

fwiw..the stevlio is a slightly taller alfa rwd biased awd sedan with a few extra inches of ground clearance..@ 8.1 inches...

this thing cracks me up and im not a cuv lover ..

go drive one...

its no a minivan replacement...its the ferrari of cuvs...

as a man happily married 25 years...you dont argue with the logic of your wife's desires..

you happily deliver the goods in a package you can enjoy as well...

porsche tapped into that and made a fortune,

The following users liked this post:
bebezote (09-18-2018)
Old 09-18-2018, 12:02 PM
sweedjeff
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

Isn't this the new Blazer??

https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...all-new-blazer
Old 09-18-2018, 12:17 PM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JerriVette

go drive a porsche macan or a alfa stelvio ti sport and get back to us.

cadillacs xt5 and upcoming xt4 are turds in comparision with regards to sports cuvs...

fwiw..the stevlio is a slightly taller alfa rwd biased awd sedan with a few extra inches of ground clearance..@ 8.1 inches...

this thing cracks me up and im not a cuv lover ..

go drive one...

its no a minivan replacement...its the ferrari of cuvs...

as a man happily married 25 years...you dont argue with the logic of your wife's desires..

you happily deliver the goods in a package you can enjoy as well...

porsche tapped into that and made a fortune,

I've driven a Macan. My wife and I have also attempted to ride comfortably in the back seats of that same Macan friends of ours own. It sucks, plain and simple compared to any sports sedan that can be had for the same price. I really do not need to drive every competitor to the Macan to know how they are going to compare to similarly priced sports sedans that offer not only more comfort for their passengers but if your wife is really serious about driving, true performance and handling. I guess I'm just lucky that my wife can evaluate a vehicle and understand it's merits and its compromises beyond the basics and make the logical choice. Then again, I chose to marry a logical thinking woman and we've been happily married now for 30 years.

Saying anything like this is "the Ferrari of SUV's" is again. Simply ridiculous and hardly something I would actually brag about. As for Cadillac not being able to compete. So exactly how then is Chevrolet going to compete with as you say "the Ferrari of SUV's." They won't and they shouldn't because again, Corvette buyers have enough stigma attached to what is a very fine sports car. Now put those flags on a ridiculous compromised performance oriented minivan replacement?? Holy hell Wally. Massive mistake.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:24 PM
Quinten33
Burning Brakes

Received 536 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by sweedjeff
No, It's the XT6 or XT7

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/09/...oit-auto-show/
Old 09-18-2018, 12:38 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

I've driven a Macan. My wife and I have also attempted to ride comfortably in the back seats of that same Macan friends of ours own. It sucks, plain and simple compared to any sports sedan that can be had for the same price. I really do not need to drive every competitor to the Macan to know how they are going to compare to similarly priced sports sedans that offer not only more comfort for their passengers but if your wife is really serious about driving, true performance and handling. I guess I'm just lucky that my wife can evaluate a vehicle and understand it's merits and its compromises beyond the basics and make the logical choice. Then again, I chose to marry a logical thinking woman and we've been happily married now for 30 years.

Saying anything like this is "the Ferrari of SUV's" is again. Simply ridiculous and hardly something I would actually brag about. As for Cadillac not being able to compete. So exactly how then is Chevrolet going to compete with as you say "the Ferrari of SUV's." They won't and they shouldn't because again, Corvette buyers have enough stigma attached to what is a very fine sports car. Now put those flags on a ridiculous compromised performance oriented minivan replacement?? Holy hell Wally. Massive mistake.
i was kidding about the alfa being the ferrari of sports cuvs but you can yell at the automotive press on that claim...they are the ones reporting that statement.

im sure you know better than them.

listen if you and your wife couldnt fit in the back of a stelvio i understand...

i replaced my 300 hp fe2 awd cts which i liked with the stelvio for my wife..she is happy...then Im happy.

If your wife doesnt like a sports cuv...cool dont buy one...buy a sedan..they are having fire sales on many wonderful sports sedans as the consumers are leaving them in droves..

the dealer lots are loaded with inventory,,

fun facts from www.autoline.tv autoline after hours with John McElroy

this year each month of this year about 50k less sedans are being purchased each and every month than the year before....(.and last year also showed the sownward trend of sedan sales ...) then last month in August..sedan sales were not off the 50k units but rather 90k units. For every unit of sedans lost...the cuv market is picking up those sales.,..those are huge numbers with regards to change

I agree with you and believe there is still a viable market for sedans still for customers such as yourself...no question your values are reasonable yet that said the consumers are not saying their preference but rather are shouting their desires for cuvs with their wallets...

as in any business...give the paying customers what they want..

Porsche showed the way...lamborghini too...lets add in jaguar for fun..

would be cool if the corvette sub brand could get in on the action.

i want the corvette team to be flushed with cash as it makes it easier for the corvette team to offer even better two seat sports cars we all can enjoy.

Last edited by JerriVette; 09-18-2018 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:49 PM
ColoradoGS
Racer

Received 347 Likes on 148 Posts

The entire compact suv segment is just stupid. Sedan's perform better, handle better in all circumstances, provide actual comfortable seating for at least 4 adults and in almost every situation provide more usable cargo space. Small SUV's are only as popular as they are because of the hate for minivan's, which again, in every measure of utility provide more actual utility than any small SUV. Now take a crazy stupid platform designed from the beginning to simply fill a want for buyers not smart enough to just get a sedan rather than a minivan or oversized SUV for their needs and try to make it handle and perform.
Wow, you seem angry. You should write for any of the auto review magazines. They all got in a room and agreed SUV bad, station wagon good.

Since this is a pet topic of mine, I'll tell you this. The sedan really serves no functional purpose as a vehicle goes unless you own four or five vehicles. An SUV/CUV does what a sedan does and does other things. For people that have dogs, they can throw a couple of large muddy dogs in the back and not worry. In a sedan you have the trunk (I'm calling the humane society!) or the back seat. For people that do a bit of gardening or yard work, you can swing by the local nursery and pick up a dozen bags of potting soil and a rake, fold down the rear seats, and you are good to go in your "stupid" CUV. Are you going to fill your trunk up with potting soil in your sedan? And where does the rake go?

The SUV/CUV vs station wagon vs mini-van is a style argument. All three of them are more functional than a sedan. My non-Corvette car is a little Subaru Forester. I got it because of the ground clearance and the snow in Colorado. Also, just this past Sunday I drove it up into the foothills for a dog hike. The last 5 miles of road until the trail head are dirt and have been heavily eroded by rains. I barely was able to inch the Forester over some deep gullies and exposed rocks . A mini-van wouldn't have made it. A sedan definitely wouldn't have made it. A lowered M5 would have been destroyed.

Now the performance SUV argument is the same as the performance sedan argument. The only reason to get a performance sedan is you want a sports car but also need the back seat. You aren't going to be opening it up with passengers back there. A performance SUV does three things--you can carry people, you can carry dogs and stuff, and you open it up when you are driving solo and have a little fun. Personally I'm fortunate enough to have two vehicles--a Corvette and an SUV--so my SUV doesn't need to be a performance one. (Though the new Wrangler is interesting, which is a different kind of performance). That second vehicle is never going to be a sedan.

Last edited by ColoradoGS; 09-18-2018 at 12:52 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ColoradoGS:
at7000ft (12-07-2021), bebezote (09-18-2018)
Old 09-18-2018, 01:04 PM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

I guess rather than trying to rationalize consumer behavior I will simply stand behind my opinion that Chevrolet would be making a mistake by creating yet another sub brand and using the Corvette name plate as the anchor in order to attempt to sell more units in an unrelated category.

Chevrolet already has CUV offers they could simply improve upon or add some additional "sportiness" to in order to better compete. Failures in the Cadillac brand would only exacerbate the fundamental issues in establishing yet another sub brand and basically continue to make the same stupid mistakes. I see it purely as unnecessary investment that comes with a ton of risk.

Chevrolet has something unique in the Corvette. Least of which is just about everyone on the planet can incision what it is one someone mentions the name. Porsche had a completely different problem they needed to solve for when they expanded the lineup. Alpha is just trying to reestablish itself completely. Again something Chevy is not faced with.

I get that there is growth in the market. There is also a ton of existing competition for buyers that will ultimately flip flop on certain purchasing factors unrelated to a products mission....
Old 09-18-2018, 01:18 PM
bebezote
Pro

Originally Posted by ColoradoGS
Wow, you seem angry. You should write for any of the auto review magazines. They all got in a room and agreed SUV bad, station wagon good.

Since this is a pet topic of mine, I'll tell you this. The sedan really serves no functional purpose as a vehicle goes unless you own four or five vehicles. An SUV/CUV does what a sedan does and does other things. For people that have dogs, they can throw a couple of large muddy dogs in the back and not worry. In a sedan you have the trunk (I'm calling the humane society!) or the back seat. For people that do a bit of gardening or yard work, you can swing by the local nursery and pick up a dozen bags of potting soil and a rake, fold down the rear seats, and you are good to go in your "stupid" CUV. Are you going to fill your trunk up with potting soil in your sedan? And where does the rake go?

The SUV/CUV vs station wagon vs mini-van is a style argument. All three of them are more functional than a sedan. My non-Corvette car is a little Subaru Forester. I got it because of the ground clearance and the snow in Colorado. Also, just this past Sunday I drove it up into the foothills for a dog hike. The last 5 miles of road until the trail head are dirt and have been heavily eroded by rains. I barely was able to inch the Forester over some deep gullies and exposed rocks . A mini-van wouldn't have made it. A sedan definitely wouldn't have made it. A lowered M5 would have been destroyed.

Now the performance SUV argument is the same as the performance sedan argument. The only reason to get a performance sedan is you want a sports car but also need the back seat. You aren't going to be opening it up with passengers back there. A performance SUV does three things--you can carry people, you can carry dogs and stuff, and you open it up when you are driving solo and have a little fun. Personally I'm fortunate enough to have two vehicles--a Corvette and an SUV--so my SUV doesn't need to be a performance one. (Though the new Wrangler is interesting, which is a different kind of performance). That second vehicle is never going to be a sedan.

this is correct coloradoGS, my wife has has bought a new top of line Range Rover and traded in the old one every 2 years for as long as I can remember... I've driven it possibly 10 times... but she will not switch... no matter what I say... rover owns her business...for the LOOKS... I'm not kidding... she always talks about the looks... of the RR.. if there was something like a corvette suv... I'm not sure she would swap.. but shed definitely take a look at it... won't even consider a jeep, chevy, ford,...anything that does not have that exclusive ring to it.. the only time she gets in my truck is when we pull boat to grand lake..and many times.. she will drive up w our daughter by themselves..and I pull up alone... I think she hates my truck.. lol
Old 09-18-2018, 01:20 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

The porsche faithful thought that exact sentiment and porsche is rolling in the dough..

the money available for the develoment of future 911 s is guaranteed...

GM doesnt presently offer a porsche macan, alfa stelvio or jaguar f pace or I lace competitor otherwise i would have bought one this summer.

cadillacs on a front wheel drive bias for cuv s since the first gen SRX market failure....and they refuse to turn back.

buicks the near luxury division, gmc is being ignored by gm executives during this cuv volcano, chevrolet has a somewaht damaged brand i age as far as many sport cuv consumers are concerned.. im sure the blazer ss is awesome...but that brand chevrolet will hinder its upmarket procing attempts.

a corvette crosstrek could make that upmarket pricing more easiliy and the brand name holds cache.

nobody at gm is listening to this hypothesis ..but i am just having fun shooting the breeze.

the electric revolution about to occur in the cuv market and with GMs superiority in battery technology with their engineers almost ready to announce a ten minute 180 mile recharge could be a platform to showcase with the corvette crosstrek as a high oerformance version that would be spread out in different flavors in each division...each with their own focus on their brand image,,

its been said by investors ..sell tesla and buy GM ..

if gm created an onslaught of five EV cuvs one of which was a high performance corvette crosstrek, Gm would in my opinion be the manufacturering icon it was in the 1950s.

maybe Im over dramatizing here but the message is clear..

pricing on a corvette crosstrek could be higher and with the platform spread between the various brands...

gm could place tesla on the trailer...(and i like tesla)

say what you will but tjat little performance model 3is impressive and the entire model 3lineup outsold bmw s iconic 3series this year in the united states..

something no other sports sedan maker could ever accomplish in the segment...

radical change and radical thoughts are often the purveyor of great success.

When and if tesla survives. ...when that model Y cuv somewaht based on the model 3...the cuv market will shift dramatically ...

would be nice if GM was ahead of the curve.

they have got all the technology and funding as well as prodiction knowledge to be the leader on this new wave of consumer desires...

Shame if GM were too conservative to make it a reality..

the foreign cars and tesla have nothing on GM s technical capability.

just my two cents.

Last edited by JerriVette; 09-18-2018 at 01:39 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by JerriVette:
at7000ft (12-07-2021), bebezote (09-18-2018)
Old 09-18-2018, 02:48 PM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ColoradoGS

Just to clear up any confusion you are having. I'm not angry at all. Why would I be? And since you are confused I did not mean for someone that is using an tiny compact SUV to haul a pet in the back that an enclosed trunk is a better alternative. A minivan is definitely a better alternative. Not only do you have room for any size dog or cat there is room for a dozen of them. You can also stop by the nearest garden center and pick up 30 or 50 bags of dirt and still haul all of your dogs back there along with a couple of kids as well. So as I stated, the sports sedan is a better performance option for the mom who is primarily hauling 2.5 kids and a few bags of groceries every day but feels she needs to get there 2.5 seconds faster than the minivan and in a bit more style. If she needs to haul pets, kids and dirt? Or just pets, dirt and shovels? You answered your own question here. A wagon will even do that better than a tiny SUV.

I'm not against SUV's at all. I have had 2 Yukon XL's and now a Nissan Armada as people and garden supply haulers. Why full size? Because I also have two enclosed trailers that could not be attached to the back of any wagon or minivan. Full size also because when we have full size adults we want to bring along and provide them with even a modicum of comfort the full size SUV offers that. But again, this has digressed into a conversation about SUV's in general and not about a high performance, no holds barred "Corvette branded" CUV which from my perspective would be a huge mistake from a brand that according to some of the perspectives here is not competing in today even with all of the existing sub-brands and models currently in the lineup.

Get notified of new replies

To OMG, Corvette SUV

Old 09-18-2018, 03:16 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Glad to hear we arent planning on putting the doggies in the sports sedans trunk..

(kidding)

its always fun to hear and discuss various and even opposing viewpoints.

Last edited by JerriVette; 09-18-2018 at 03:17 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:41 PM
bebezote
Pro

Just to clear up any confusion you are having. I'm not angry at all. Why would I be? And since you are confused I did not mean for someone that is using an tiny compact SUV to haul a pet in the back that an enclosed trunk is a better alternative. A minivan is definitely a better alternative. Not only do you have room for any size dog or cat there is room for a dozen of them. You can also stop by the nearest garden center and pick up 30 or 50 bags of dirt and still haul all of your dogs back there along with a couple of kids as well. So as I stated, the sports sedan is a better performance option for the mom who is primarily hauling 2.5 kids and a few bags of groceries every day but feels she needs to get there 2.5 seconds faster than the minivan and in a bit more style. If she needs to haul pets, kids and dirt? Or just pets, dirt and shovels? You answered your own question here. A wagon will even do that better than a tiny SUV.

I'm not against SUV's at all. I have had 2 Yukon XL's and now a Nissan Armada as people and garden supply haulers. Why full size? Because I also have two enclosed trailers that could not be attached to the back of any wagon or minivan. Full size also because when we have full size adults we want to bring along and provide them with even a modicum of comfort the full size SUV offers that. But again, this has digressed into a conversation about SUV's in general and not about a high performance, no holds barred "Corvette branded" CUV which from my perspective would be a huge mistake from a brand that according to some of the perspectives here is not competing in today even with all of the existing sub-brands and models currently in the lineup.

Those Armadas are big... one was in front of me the other day... surprised ...
Old 09-18-2018, 04:17 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,792 Likes on 4,231 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Any smart husband would simply have their wife test drive a "pseudo-sport" CUV (don't care what make or model it is) with a comparably priced and configured sports sedan. If after this test drive she cannot describe any of the real differences in actual performance, handling, space, ergonomics then your wasting your money on these crazy things and the market will shrivel and die out as it should just like every other crazy fad in automotive history.
As others have pointed out there are plenty of things that a CUV can do they cannot be done with a sedan. I can’t fit me, my wife & our 4 kids in a sedan either around town or on a road trip with all our gear; my wife can’t carry her very large bags of medical equipment in a sedan (1 would barely fit in a trunk & she has to carry 4-5 at a time); can’t load up a sedan with all the items from a home improvement store (fence material, small appliances, etc. And the list goes on.

I also don’t want the poor gas mileage and overall big boxy size of a full-size SUV. Like I pointed out previously a new base model Tahoe, 2wd with cloth interior & no bells & whistles and GMs outstanding 3/36 warranty is $60k. I’ve got a Mitsubishi Outlander with leather interior, upgraded audio system, sunroof, touring package, seating for 7, tow pkg, 10yr/100k warranty & 30mpg Highway for $31k. It’s a great vehicle - we’re on our 2nd & the first one had 1 warranty repair in 55k miles that was taken care of in a matter of hours.

Our current 2016 has 40k trouble-free miles on it. And other than regular oil changes ($39.95) about 3x per year, I just replaced the tires for $750. Kids have enough room, it’s comfortable, good gas mileage, & does everything we need it to do that we definitely couldn’t do with a sedan.

Quick Reply: OMG, Corvette SUV