Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C8 Corvette > C8 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Cmon, give C8 Corvette enthusiasts a break!

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cmon, give C8 Corvette enthusiasts a break!

Old 10-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Sin City
CF Senior Member

To be honest so far it looks like the new Honda NSX mated with a Camaro.

But hopefully I am wrong
Old 10-08-2018, 01:50 PM
sunsalem
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,318 Times in 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Zero_6 View Post
If it resembles a Ferrari 458/488, I'm buying one.
It won't.
What we see with the camo cars doesn't resemble the Ferraris IMO.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:51 PM
sunsalem
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sin City View Post
To be honest so far it looks like the new Honda NSX mated with a Camaro.
That's about right...

Old 10-08-2018, 06:51 PM
rmorin1249
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,226 Times in 867 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

I'm trying to be open minded but moving to a ME design for the Corvette may well turn out to be the one of the biggest mistakes GM has ever made. Time will tell.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:41 PM
sunsalem
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by rmorin1249 View Post
I'm trying to be open minded but moving to a ME design for the Corvette may well turn out to be the one of the biggest mistakes GM has ever made. Time will tell.
If it doesn't at least match the C7's styling panache it certainly will be.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:09 AM
Red1990VT
CF Senior Member

I'm one of those who looked at pictures and then railed about "Camaro Tail Lights" and such. Which I certainly now regret. When I finally saw the C7 in a dealership, and out on the road, I was pretty blown away. If they gave Academy Awards for car styling, the C7 team would top the list. And as one of them said in a video, we can't keep building the 1978 car forever.

And as much as I love the C3 Sharks, he's right. Time marches on, styling has to keep up.

I'm generally not a fan of the proportions of mid engine cars. I love the short rear deck and loooooong hood of the C3s and C4s. That said, from what I've seen so far, the Corvette C8 styling team is knocking it right out of the park.

Imagine going to work every day to style/update a car that is an American Icon with a strongly opinionated and aggressively outspoken fan base. Knowing that no matter what new things you try, you're probably going to viciously attacked.

Time to stop that nonsense. Well past time actually.

It's time give the stylists of our favorite car the space and support they need and deserve. Try some new things out. So Trapezoidal tail lights may not have sat well at first with many of us. But they look fine, and up to date, on the real car. Times change and styling has to keep up.

Enough attacking already. If you've been around Corvettes for any length of time, you realize that in the end, each new one that comes off the production line is an instant classic. Each new Corvette generation has been and continues to be beautifully styled, with tradition intact and recognition as a Corvette instant and clear.

And each new Corvette has been the best one yet. C8? Mid Engine? Sure, go for it. Given the track record of Corvette stylists to date, it will be Great.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Red1990VT For This Useful Post:
ACCHRM (10-15-2018), Red67John (01-31-2019), Zaro Tundov (10-15-2018)
Old 01-31-2019, 11:30 AM
Foosh
CF Senior Member

Thanked 6,378 Times in 3,696 Posts

^
I'm with you. While I didn't get on the forum and trash the C7 design, I wasn't initially drawn to it and purchased a Jaguar F-Type instead. When I saw it in person, I liked it much better. 18 months after intro, I had one in my garage, and less than a year ago, I custom-ordered a second one.

Last edited by Foosh; 01-31-2019 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:38 PM
zhopper05
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Apocolipse View Post
Do you all still prefer to fax things too?
If faxing documents is my hobby, ABSOLUTELY!!!!
Any car I buy, if it comes with stick-shift as an option, I am buying it in stick shift.

Last edited by zhopper05; 01-31-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:12 PM
C2C3C4C6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by stevebz06 View Post
Actually the SNJ. Not much difference.
I love how these threads get way off topic.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:23 PM
mschuyler
CF Senior Member

Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic Fred View Post
I think you are spitting hairs here. One could even argue that in some ways the H-pattern is simpler because each ratio has a “spot,” while you have to hit the lever x times to get the right gear with paddles. Coordinating the clutch (and gas if you heel/toe) is the tough part.
"Splitting hairs"? Yes, we HAVE been through this before. And it's just friggin' amazing that people are attempting to redefine what a manual transmission is and claiming a DCT is "really just a manual transmission, except it doesn't have a clutch pedal." They claim you are still controlling the transmission because you are pushing a button to change the gears (well, "pulling" a button for the pedantically impaired) and somehow that it is "splitting hairs" by pointing out you are not in control of the clutch, nor do you have a gear lever to change gears.

When we get to the point where driverless cars are a reality we will have these same people claiming being transported by a driverless car is "just like driving" because, after all, you still are in control and tell the car where to go. No, you no longer touch a steering wheel or gas pedal, and you no longer have to pay attention to your surroundings, but to point out these differences is just "splitting hairs" because it really is the same thing. Now let's talk about sex and robots.
The Following User Says Thank You to mschuyler For This Useful Post:
kozmic (01-31-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 02:18 PM
jimmyb
CF Senior Member

I thought the auto/manual debate was over. DCT's are AUTOMATICS with SOME manual capability. If it will shift itself, it's an automatic.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimmyb For This Useful Post:
kozmic (01-31-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 10:34 AM
roadbike56
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '16-'17

I totally agree with those who are saying "Chill" to all the nay sayers and the "My Way or the Highway" crowd. Until we see the next generation AND drive it, we won't know how big it will grab our attention and won't let go. With apologies to the mods, look at these old C7 spy shots, would you buy these ugly cars?

C'mon, they're ugly. I would never buy something that awful. Now it's easy to laugh because we know what the C7 looks like and it sure isn't ugly. The point is, I won't pass judgement on anything until its in the showroom. To me, the new C8 camo cars look much hotter than the C7 camo cars did.

Last edited by roadbike56; 02-01-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:04 PM
C6 Snowboarder
CF Senior Member

the ME and FE discussion reminds me of the old movie "the Graduate" and the scene where Dustin is given one word of advice. "Plastics"

I would change the word "Plastics" to "Luggage"

Old 02-15-2019, 09:40 PM
AZ99FRC
CF Senior Member

Cause they are having problems with it. Same reason there'e no 1983 corvette model year.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cmon, give C8 Corvette enthusiasts a break!

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: