I am coming around - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am coming around

Old 09-23-2018, 09:10 PM
Spasetrucker
CF Senior Member

Default I am coming around

I must admit. I wasn't feeling it for the C8 styling until I saw this Nio EP9, electric car on the internet. I am starting to think I might like the C8 when the camo comes off.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:19 PM
elegant
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,215 Times in 605 Posts

Roughly 1/3 of those who saw the C7 camo’d did not like it, yet once they saw it in person, that number dropped to about 10% — with many of those who initially, pre-reveal said they did not like the C7 mules/IVERS, now owning one.

I do not think those percentage will hold, for even in the end, I believe that more than 10% will never like the ME. The primary reason is that the ME has such different proportions that most Corvette owners are used to, but by year three, am expecting that about half of the “now negatives,” if they can afford a new Corvette, will be owning a ME.

Last edited by elegant; 09-23-2018 at 10:20 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elegant For This Useful Post:
smilegas (09-24-2018), tooold2race (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 12:34 AM
ACCHRM

Originally Posted by Spasetrucker View Post

I must admit. I wasn't feeling it for the C8 styling until I saw this Nio EP9, electric car on the internet. I am starting to think I might like the C8 when the camo comes off.
What does this car have anything to do with the C8 though? One mid-engine car is not the same as all mid engine cars
The Following User Says Thank You to ACCHRM For This Useful Post:
ArmchairArchitect (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 12:38 AM
Spasetrucker
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ACCHRM View Post
What does this car have anything to do with the C8 though? One mid-engine car is not the same as all mid engine cars
I think the silhouette is very similar to what we have seen with the camouflaged C8. It opened my mind to what could be.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:45 AM
alienranch
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I wish the C8 would look like that. I just don't see any similarity at all outside of the typical ME design. This one reminds me of a cross between a Ford GT and a McLaren F1.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:27 AM
Dave Tracy
CF Senior Member

Regardless of the looks, NO STICK-NO BUY
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave Tracy For This Useful Post:
Corgidog1 (09-28-2018), tstad9i1 (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 09:38 AM
eyedeekay
CF Member

Originally Posted by alienranch View Post
I wish the C8 would look like that. I just don't see any similarity at all outside of the typical ME design. This one reminds me of a cross between a Ford GT and a McLaren F1.
Now that you mention it the shape is exactly the Ford GT w/o the flying buttresses
Old 09-24-2018, 10:27 AM
tstad9i1
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dave Tracy View Post
Regardless of the looks, NO STICK-NO BUY
Ya mon!
Old 09-24-2018, 10:42 AM
tooold2race
CF Senior Member

When I was just a kid, my granddad used to talk about all the guys that would NEVER buy an automobile. There was no way it would replace the horse and buggy! I think many of their descendants now feel that way about 'three pedal' cars.

Let's face it..... some people are really sloooow adapters and will do anything to resist change! Fortunately for those, there will be Camero's (at least for a while).
Old 09-27-2018, 03:51 AM
JustinStrife
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by tooold2race View Post
When I was just a kid, my granddad used to talk about all the guys that would NEVER buy an automobile. There was no way it would replace the horse and buggy! I think many of their descendants now feel that way about 'three pedal' cars.

Let's face it..... some people are really sloooow adapters and will do anything to resist change! Fortunately for those, there will be Camero's (at least for a while).
It's spelled Camaro. And the Camaro isn't even in the same market as the Corvette. If you're attempting to troll, you aren't very good at it.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:55 AM
Stew24
CF Senior Member

Last edited by Stew24; 09-27-2018 at 06:02 AM.
Old 09-27-2018, 08:38 AM
proxemics

The F5 should be a better motivation to look forward to the ME
The Following User Says Thank You to proxemics For This Useful Post:
ArmchairArchitect (09-27-2018)
Old 09-30-2018, 04:33 AM
corvette312
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

What I love about it that it will have the look of a well deserve 21st Century car.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:28 AM
lt4obsesses
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by elegant View Post
Roughly 1/3 of those who saw the C7 camo’d did not like it, yet once they saw it in person, that number dropped to about 10% — with many of those who initially, pre-reveal said they did not like the C7 mules/IVERS, now owning one.

I do not think those percentage will hold, for even in the end, I believe that more than 10% will never like the ME. The primary reason is that the ME has such different proportions that most Corvette owners are used to, but by year three, am expecting that about half of the “now negatives,” if they can afford a new Corvette, will be owning a ME.
Now, while the topic is always subjective, I think it is fair to say that there has never been an "ugly" Corvette. Sure, there are some least favorites out there. They have also never built a Corvette that wasn't in one way or another, cutting edge for it's time. This Corvette will be no different. It is nearly impossible to create and build a car that stirs as much passion and emotion as the Corvette does, and please everyone. However, the car has always performed well and turned heads everywhere it has gone, and offered such for a value no other car can.

Last edited by lt4obsesses; 09-30-2018 at 07:29 AM.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:20 PM
ByRiver
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by elegant View Post

I never liked the C7 from the beginning, or afterwards. When I had the choice between buying the C7 and the C6, I bought the C6 GS.

I can wait for the C8 to be released to decide if I like it. Speculating beforehand is a waste of time.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: