Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side scoop to door location

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 02:03 PM
vndkshn
Melting Slicks

Received 1,776 Likes on 863 Posts

I think this ^ nails it. Never looked at it that way, but what you are saying about the lines makes perfect sense.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:17 PM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Received 495 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon

It aint that high man.... no higher than the C7...I promise...
Dooooooooooooood!

You're cruisin' for a bruisin'. You're creating these awesome renders that people are believing in more than the pics of the actual car. The ruthless bastards on Corvette Forum will turn on you in a heartbeat (of America). And they won't be satisfied until they've made a tidy pudding out of your brain.

OK. I warned you...

Old 10-11-2018, 02:48 PM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Received 495 Likes on 260 Posts
Default It's all about camera focal length. It's an illusion.

Originally Posted by C7pimp
Several people have tried to tell him. He's hell bent on his provably wrong position. He'll continue to spout the same retarded comments about how it' high, narrow, etc when we have actually scaled the car and shown that it's not. It's almost exactly the same overall height, width, etc as the current C7, give or take a 1/2 inch. (Then he'll post some picture he thinks proves his assertion without comment as if it proves anything other than a different focal length on the camera taking the picture)

IF the roofline is lower, which I hope it is, and the bottom of the side windows are equally the same distance from the ground as the C7, the belt line would technically be higher visually, but would also make for a more exotic stance which is certainly welcome by pretty everyone.
1. Focal length has nothing to do with it. There is no "focal length" that makes the Ford GT look chunky. That is, unless the laws of physics apply to the C8 differently.

2. It doesn't matter if the exact "measurements" you cite are similar to corresponding measurements on the C7. Design--how the eye perceives it--is a sum of the parts and not dictated by a few reference points of measurement.

3. You seem to believe that "everyone" welcomes the design we're seeing so far--that I'm some kind of Debbie Downer Naysayer.

Dude. I don't agree your claim accurately reflects the majority opinion in this forum. It is almost but not quite 180 degrees away from the reactions on this forum.

4. Yeah. I do post pictures to prove multiple points. Not the least of which is that at the end of the day, all that matters is what the damn thing looks like... you know, in REALITY.

The rear end proportions don't REALLY look like this. It's not high and narrow and the tail pipes are not tiny. The camera created this illusion.

Last edited by IronV; 10-11-2018 at 11:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Side scoop to door location